VAR. Why the delay?

Seen somwhere yesterday its only gonny be a limited version....i mean wit does that even mean???
It means camera's
So some stafiums will only have 6 or something like that and others will have the full compliment.
Just so they have an excuse for shite decisions. If your watching on SKY and cam see its offside, they have an excuse. We only have limited cameras, sky have more etc etc

The only way VAR has any chance of working in Scottish football is with some form of impartiality in place, and as we have never witnessed it still, then only a recipe for disaster imo.
The Scottish game is already that far backward with still no goalline technology and random drug testing in place still, and this VAR stands to do nothing but increase the level of corruption that has existed in Scottish football, ever since celtic kicked there first football within the shit show.
Our success has always been built upon trying to make a cheating mib irrelevant as much as possible, know we will have to go to even higher levels of greatness to overcome technology and how its going to be used and viewed.
When you have bias eyes able to find reasons to change the course of a game, aided with technology then it stands to reason just how dirty the Scottish game reminds still.
Hope I'm wrong but agree with lubos and think that the whole of Scottish football reminds in trouble of becoming the biggest and most corrupt sport in the world, and more disgusting that the msms would support such a thing as long as it benefits hun scum still.
A potential bleak outlook for Scottish football imo.

I think VAR will improve things a bit. Easiest thing in the world for a Scottish ref to say it looked onside from my position, I never seen the hand ball etc and whether it's incompetence or bias, we're left to guess or jump to conclusions.

If the dodgy decisions continue with VAR it confirms its bias rather than incompetence and the tossers will have to be on their guard to at least try and avoid that.

I think VAR will improve things a bit. Easiest thing in the world for a Scottish ref to say it looked onside from my position, I never seen the hand ball etc and whether it's incompetence or bias, we're left to guess or jump to conclusions.

If the dodgy decisions continue with VAR it confirms its bias rather than incompetence and the tossers will have to be on their guard to at least try and avoid that.
In theory it should hoopy, and at least the lung tackle upon our players might have to looked at in a better light than at present.
Set plays are a very big thing in today's game and that is still left wide open to interpretation and already know how that will be viewed.
Off sides should be clearer up still as with the speed of the game it still has been very much a guessing game still.
The length of time spent on any such decisions will be the big tell tell sign imo, and overall it has worked pretty well within European football now imo, but don't share the same confidence within Scottish football still.

I just hope they will have a look at the English experience and learn from their mistakes. The ridiculous decisions where perfectly good goals were chalked off for a players elbow being offside or similar have been reduced. Its still not a perfect resolution yet.
Having said that the Lanarkshire refs association will no doubt want to do it THEIR way.

One change I do hope to see within VAR, is that when a ref goes to the monitor that he can actually grow a pair and start saying I'll stick with my original decision, as we already know that the original decision will be turned about, but in many cases the original decision wasn't the wrong one on far to many occasions, and this off side flag needs to be tidyed up also, as can be ridiculous at times also.

One change I do hope to see within VAR, is that when a ref goes to the monitor that he can actually grow a pair and start saying I'll stick with my original decision, as we already know that the original decision will be turned about, but in many cases the original decision wasn't the wrong one on far to many occasions, and this off side flag needs to be tidyed up also, as can be ridiculous at times also.

If he goes to the monitor I’m betting the outcome will be one of two things.....either penalty Sevco or Celtic goal disallowed...

That's the thing hoopy. The countless sky cameras at games haven't prevented the dodgy decisions. Beaton never had to answer for his awful displays. Neither did madhun. They continued to ref our matches and continued to be awful. How will VAR change that? The media will continue not to report things. It will stay on the celtic forums being discussed by paranoid fenians.
Morelos kicking brown, grabbing christie and stamping on ralston won't be in VAR remit so that won't change. The build up to CCVs goal against the scum at ibrox 100% gets chopped of. Starfelt had his hands up...absolutely nothing in it but every day of the week VAR rules it as a push!!

Maybe I'm just being cynical. When have the custodians of the Scottish game ever did anything that's designed to benefit the whole football set up and not just one club? Why should VAR be any different. I genuinely believe its taken them so long to bring it to Scotland because they have been working out how it can be used without disrupting how things are done.
Can I also point out that one of the main reason refs get away with their actions is the lack of scrutiny from our board on certain decisions.
VAR could possibly be successful if our board hold the SPFL and the LRA to account......again....I have no faith in that happening!!

Jota doesnt like it. He's got a point...

Believe fifa are upgrading the VAR for the world Cup to increase the speed of giving these off side decisions, yet expect Scottish football to stay well behind the times with continuing with the líne drawing.
Still unconvinced about offside with camera angles able to give potential false results as such still imo, and one that could well cause huge contraversial decisions still.
With the extra pair of eyes and time available to look for and find reason to dismiss goals and with impartial views available still, then it remains a recipe for disaster still imo.
Don't see to many issues within European football regarding VAR as such, can't vision that being the case within Scottish football overall still

The fibre excuse is pathetic unless there's an SPFL ground 10 miles into the arsehole of nowhere. I'd be very surprised if there's a ground more than 2 miles from a fibre line.
Could be a smokescreen for one last ignoble effort by Mibbery to engage in season-influencing goat-fuckery.
Bad news Mibs; there aren't enough goats in all of Christendom.

Only 2 or 3 refs in Scotland are trained to use VAR. So that's probably the main reason. They need to train these guys up
This got me thinking of an East German Stazi joke from the excellent film 'The Lives Of Others'.
The joke involved the similarity of how to deal with ineffective politicians and an engaged phone line. 'Hang up and try again'. :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Back