Violence in Valencia

They are the Guardia Civil, the state police their reason for being, keeping law & order by force. I first encountered them at Espana 82 World Cup.

phuqin RIGHT! Imatim got insurance scam written all over it, except in smsm of course!!! HH

Abso-fuckin-lutely the bar will have been failing miserably like many expat bars in Spain do especially if the owner is stupid enough to base his market share on sectarianism and intolerance ,the bar will have been impossible to punt in these days of austerity and massive unemployment in Spain .Therfore Celtic visiting would have been to good an opportunity for the crooked thieving cnut who owned it or had the lease ......match to the bar and blame a travelling Celtic support .... what could be more obvious. It will be interesting to see if the Spanish insurance pay up .

Abso-fuckin-lutely the bar will have been failing miserably like many expat bars in Spain do especially if the owner is stupid enough to base his market share on sectarianism and intolerance ,the bar will have been impossible to punt in these days of austerity and massive unemployment in Spain .Therfore Celtic visiting would have been to good an opportunity for the crooked thieving cnut who owned it or had the lease ......match to the bar and blame a travelling Celtic support .... what could be more obvious. It will be interesting to see if the Spanish insurance pay up .

has it been on TV news at all?

I havent seen it mentioned.

Normallyif Celtic fans had been badly behaved the MSM would have it plastered all over the news.

But can you imagine Arsenal or Tottenham fans getting leathered for no good reason and no national news about it?

And if there is a reason why they getting whacked why is it not in news?

has it been on TV news at all?

I havent seen it mentioned.

Normallyif Celtic fans had been badly behaved the MSM would have it plastered all over the news.

But can you imagine Arsenal or Tottenham fans getting leathered for no good reason and no national news about it?

And if there is a reason why they getting whacked why is it not in news?

Must be true it was in the daily record ?

Had this been in St peterburg it would be national news surely?

Rubber bullets and truncheons but no real explanation as to why the Police are so agitated?

Rubber bullets and truncheons but no real explanation as to why the Police are so agitated?

They are up in arms due to fraudulent insurance claims having a detrimental effect on the Spanish economy

While the news is waiting to happen lets talk to old mrs moffat who had her cat recued by the fire department, the cat having somehow managed to get up the tree in the garden next door. Lets cut to the extraterrestrail expert of cat nappings and find out exactly how this cat got stuck up the tree.

And thats the news finished for the evening.

I lived in Spain for many years and sadly this is typical behaviour by the police up in the north of Spain . They are not trained well in dealing with large groups especially foreign football supporters .They will always react violently when what they perceive as a confrontational behaviour often misinterpretation of the situation . They do not have a strategy of containment

Surely the foreign office should be making noises about these potentrial problems, passed on the appropriate clubs and then fans.

The fact its not even worthy of national news is quite disturbing. And the tabloid stories about drug dealers doesnt explain anything either.

People being randomly whacked by cops because some people have been areested?

Surely the foreign office should be making noises about these potentrial problems, passed on the appropriate clubs and then fans.

The fact its not even worthy of national news is quite disturbing. And the tabloid stories about drug dealers doesnt explain anything either.

People being randomly whacked by cops because some people have been areested?

Honestly if the Foreign Office actually told the public the truth about the Spanish judicial system ,the corruption and the unjust unfair treatment of foreign nationals nobody would phuqin go there ! I have seen horrendous examples over the years

Honestly if the Foreign Office actually told the public the truth about the Spanish judicial system ,the corruption and the unjust unfair treatment of foreign nationals nobody would phuqin go there ! I have seen horrendous examples over the years
feck I used to have soft spot for spain. Didnt realise they were worse than here.

It's got really
feck I used to have soft spot for spain. Didnt realise they were worse than here.

It got really worse after the 2008/9 financial crash but yes there are two police authorities the guarda and the policia .The guarda are a leftover from Franco and at one time only members of Franco 's family would be accepted or a family member had to recommend a person .

The Spanish laws are archaic and basically if as a foreigner you gwt into a legal dispute with a Spanish resident you are phuqed never mind taking on a guarda officer they are a law unto themselves

Looking at a map, Valencia is not that far from Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia -- ironically, Barcelona is closer to Valencia than the torched pub, but I digress. Putting aside for a moment the fact that the guarda "are a law unto themselves" (as Jimbo so aptly puts it), I am wondering if the fascist douchenozzles in the riot gear are a bit on tenterhooks with what's going on nearby -- not that this is an excuse, but maybe a reason -- and are warming up on the Celtic fans in anticipation for trouble next door.

This action by the fascists should, at the very least, require a request of an investigation by the Home Office, though it requires much more.

One more thing. We have an acronym here: ACAB. It's "All cops are bastards." It's unequivocally true here in the U.S., though your mileage may vary (as they say in the car ads).

Back