"Virtual" package for ST holders only?

Larry7

The news today is that season ticket holders will be able to buy virtual tickets to watch home and away games on TV in the interim period before fans are allowed back in.

Surely the club and the SPFL have considered the enormous market of UK and Ireland-based fans who would gladly chip in to watch the games and support clubs financially until match day revenues are back to normal.

Supporters such as myself, based too far from Paradise to keep a season ticket going but not overseas and so ineligible for CelticTV as it stands, would represent an enormous market for Celtic. Perhaps that's the problem - it would be too big an advantage for Celtic, the only club (including the deluded zombies) with a large enough diaspora to make it worthwhile.

Obviously the club wouldn't want to undermine the demand for season tickets long term, so such an offer would only last as long as fans are locked out of grounds. It would be madness to miss this chance to make a few bob in the meantime.

The news today is that season ticket holders will be able to buy virtual tickets to watch home and away games on TV in the interim period before fans are allowed back in.

Surely the club and the SPFL have considered the enormous market of UK and Ireland-based fans who would gladly chip in to watch the games and support clubs financially until match day revenues are back to normal.

Supporters such as myself, based too far from Paradise to keep a season ticket going but not overseas and so ineligible for CelticTV as it stands, would represent an enormous market for Celtic. Perhaps that's the problem - it would be too big an advantage for Celtic, the only club (including the deluded zombies) with a large enough diaspora to make it worthwhile.

Obviously the club wouldn't want to undermine the demand for season tickets long term, so such an offer would only last as long as fans are locked out of grounds. It would be madness to miss this chance to make a few bob in the meantime.
Thought the same myself,possibly open it up on a game by game or month by month basis for non season ticket holders until such times as crowds return,im sure it would raise extra cash for the club.

Do you think it would be possible , for fans and season ticket holders to purchase mannequins ( or blow up sec dolls) for a nominal fee, get wee cardboard printouts of their faces and stick them on the dummy and then place them on their allocated seats? If cunts buy bricks with their names on them then surely the club could also make a killing selling these stand in fans? .. could play pipped chants songs and crisp packet rustling over the tannoy too for added atmosphere?

Do you think it would be possible , for fans and season ticket holders to purchase mannequins ( or blow up sec dolls) for a nominal fee, get wee cardboard printouts of their faces and stick them on the dummy and then place them on their allocated seats? If cunts buy bricks with their names on them then surely the club could also make a killing selling these stand in fans? .. could play pipped chants songs and crisp packet rustling over the tannoy too for added atmosphere?
Sounds like a plan! 🍺 🥳

They're already doing this in Germany...

Got to feel sorry for the poor git having to paste 12,000 pics of the Zombies at ipox, although with Notra dam cathedral out of commission maybe they could use their gargoyles instead, got to be an improvement if you ask me. 👹😈👺👿

Thought the same myself,possibly open it up on a game by game or month by month basis for non season ticket holders until such times as crowds return,im sure it would raise extra cash for the club.
Talk is that sky are allowing clubs to view by season ticket numbers only with no vst on sale after the allocated number

Folks wi a boax won't get it nor will the free folk ,unless these details haven't been ironed out yet

could j
Got to feel sorry for the poor git having to paste 12,000 pics of the Zombies at ipox, although with Notra dam cathedral out of commission maybe they could use their gargoyles instead, got to be an improvement if you ask me. 👹😈👺👿
just stick one of there tifos up ,there shite anyway wonder what club will be the first to introduce 3d hologram crowds for night time football

I heard sky tv are in negotiations with the production company who did the orc scenes in Lord of the Rings to see if they can use some archive footage for their coverage at Ibrox.

Talk is that sky are allowing clubs to view by season ticket numbers only with no vst on sale after the allocated number

Folks wi a boax won't get it nor will the free folk ,unless these details haven't been ironed out yet
Thats what ive heard as well,seems a pity as you would think it would be a win win for sky and celtic,im guessing there must be some reason for their stance

Thats what ive heard as well,seems a pity as you would think it would be a win win for sky and celtic,im guessing there must be some reason for their stance
Sky don't want it to affect subscriptions if Celtic could sell maybe 5-10k more VST then that would impact Sky ,then there's the opposition clubs who may want a share of the home teams take

would be interseting to see if sky become the only sellers after clubs take ,to sell weekly or monthly vst

Sky don't want it to affect subscriptions if Celtic could sell maybe 5-10k more VST then that would impact Sky ,then there's the opposition clubs who may want a share of the home teams take

would be interseting to see if sky become the only sellers after clubs take ,to sell weekly or monthly vst
It would be good if something could be worked out,its a temporary situation and to be fair every penny counts in scotland football wise at the moment,seems to be no easy answers as to the fallout with this bloody pandemic.

Have I got this right? Vst you just get to see the home games, and sky are showing all away games?
My understanding is you get away games also as SKY will ot be covering all Celtic games, so I understand it as home and away, might be wrong, for not everyone wants to return to SKY subscription and pay to listen to the usual pish from muppets like Boyd and McCann those days are over for me pair of wankers would have to be a stream for free before suffering those two.

that's wits always pissed me aff for us who cant have a ST for whatever reason wid love to be able to pay to watch our games it's what celtic tv is meant to be for innit I just assumed it was open to all ot bloody better be cause as u say it's more income and sky can take they're cut the uptake wid be huge cause we've missed our teams so the clubs and sky wid gain out it being rolled out to all o hope to god it is man ✌

Might have a bit of bother finding somebody to paint faces on the Zombimanikins; unless they were paying up front that is.....and we all know Sevco don't do paying up front.

that's wits always pissed me aff for us who cant have a ST for whatever reason wid love to be able to pay to watch our games it's what celtic tv is meant to be for innit I just assumed it was open to all ot bloody better be cause as u say it's more income and sky can take they're cut the uptake wid be huge cause we've missed our teams so the clubs and sky wid gain out it being rolled out to all o hope to god it is man ✌

It's daft. They're shooting themselves in the foot because it'll just send people to streams or the Boax.

So are we going to get a code per household or a code per season ticket? if its the latter whats to stop me giving a friend who doesn't have a season ticket my son's code for his house as we have 2 season tickets? I know some household have multiple tickets so before you know it the whole street will be watching.

Interesting to see the final plan.

P.s think it would lead to multiple people from multiple households watching at home if its per household.

Members online

No members online now.

Back