Vote of Confidence - We Continue to Sleepwalk

Aye, it's amazing what the game can do to you, the highs have you soaring, the lows are desperate.
Lenny must have muck on PL or something, a swingers party or an in house affair, its blind loyalty
i hope i'm wrong and it turns round but ........

that shite getting to know, i'm dubious about but not read out on it. avoided the news feed today, get too wound up, i'm as chilled as you meet, but i can go from 0-60 in a millisecond then i have to unscrew myself

i tend to do a lot of both :)

You know I would have settled for an announcement that DD, PL and the board now accepted that they'd wrongly forced Lenny to work with one hand tied behind his back and now intended to allow the manager to bring in his own coaching staff, at least that would have been a genuine attempt to remedy the situation, a positive step forward.

But naw, whit do we get......news of a fucking relaxation area so players can 'get to know one another' 🤦‍♂️ I mean ffs. 😂

I have no desire to see Lenny suffer the indignity of being sacked but he's sinking fast so they could've at least gave the man a fighting chance to fix it but choosing to do nothing! Just saying it's business as usual, as you were! That's the 'band continuing to play on while the Titanic sinks' approach. It's madness mate!

You know I would have settled for an announcement that DD, PL and the board now accepted that they'd wrongly forced Lenny to work with one hand tied behind his back and now intended to allow the manager to bring in his own coaching staff, at least that would have been a genuine attempt to remedy the situation, a positive step forward.

But naw, whit do we get......news of a fucking relaxation area so players can 'get to know one another' 🤦‍♂️ I mean ffs. 😂

I have no desire to see Lenny suffer the indignity of being sacked but he's sinking fast so they could've at least gave the man a fighting chance to fix it but choosing to do nothing! Just saying it's business as usual, as you were! That's the 'band continuing to play on while the Titanic sinks' approach. It's madness mate!
it just sound like a polite way of saying they're going to have a piss up and just chuck the keys in at the end of the night

I think Lawwell is looking for a cushy number lording it up in administration of the European footballing association of similar. I think he might be well suited to that role too, negotiating deals with tv, sponsors, etc.

You know I think you'd be bang on there BB, Celtic has given him a platform to work his way onto the boards of the SFA, SPFL and the ECA, the UEFA gravy train would be the natural next step for him.

As what has became obvious regarding this board is they have fuck all knowledge about football or give 2 hoots about the feelings of the supporters.

So going to throw it out there, do you think lenny might have it within his contact that all the time the possibility of the 10 been on that the board can't get rid without it costing a fortune for break of contract?
A long shot I know but trying to look for something to try and make sense of the complete and utter madness that is going on within the club at the moment

As what has became obvious regarding this board is they have fuck all knowledge about football or give 2 hoots about the feelings of the supporters.

So going to throw it out there, do you think lenny might have it within his contact that all the time the possibility of the 10 been on that the board can't get rid without it costing a fortune for break of contract?
A long shot I know but trying to look for something to try and make sense of the complete and utter madness that is going on within the club at the moment
when the story broke he'd been offered the job while in the shower, that just did me
'hi neil, we know your naked, but we'd like to still offer you the job'
very hastily done in the moment
'we never considered anyone else or spoke to anyone else'
thats a deriliction of duty

the appointment reeked from the start

I really don't think his contract will be so sophisticated. I doubt anyone thought 10IAR would be such a hazardous journey. I'd imagine it is a 12 month rolling contract where Lennon has to give a year's notice and if Celtic sack him then he gets 12 month's payment, as with all our recent managers (except Rodgers, I think).

I really don't think his contract will be so sophisticated. I doubt anyone thought 10IAR would be such a hazardous journey. I'd imagine it is a 12 month rolling contract where Lennon has to give a year's notice and if Celtic sack him then he gets 12 month's payment, as with all our recent managers (except Rodgers, I think).
exactly, the lenny we have now ain't got the thunder, i'd say on a fraction (1/5th) of the snakes wages and has went along with the board's model of how to operate the football department. Become the yes man. The antithesis of the player and manager we knew first time round and i think that will be something he'll come to regret.

This probably explains it better than I ever could mate......

This pretty much nails it for me.

Last edited:
when the story broke he'd been offered the job while in the shower, that just did me
'hi neil, we know your naked, but we'd like to still offer you the job'
very hastily done in the moment
'we never considered anyone else or spoke to anyone else'
thats a deriliction of duty

the appointment reeked from the start
You could hardly not offer him the job after securing the treble treble.
I remember saying at the time to a mate of mine before the cup final, who was also not in favour of Lennon getting the job full time, would you rather see us lose the final if it ment lenny didn't get the job full time? His reply was wish you could ask me easier questions to answer. Often wonder what his answer would be now

I remember saying at the time to a mate of mine before the cup final, who was also not in favour of Lennon getting the job full time, would you rather see us lose the final if it ment lenny didn't get the job full time? His reply was wish you could ask me easier questions to answer. Often wonder what his answer would be now
john, i didn't have an issue with him getting the job, he earned the shot and on the basis of last year i still have no qualms about him getting it, won everything he could
but very unlike us to do things like that, very hasty, would've been far happier if they said we've looked at other options as a board should do for such a position, done our due dilligence and believe he is the best man available, then fine, plus waited until he was out of the shower
what were they hoping for a naked cuddle or a boner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was thankful Neil stepped in when he did. I also didn't want him signed up as permanent manager, but at the time I did say if he won tge teeble then he probably should be offered the job. But I was raging at Lawwell's negligence when he boasted he never even considered anyone else.

Having said that, I would never have traded that treble for anyrhing else. Take every trophy win you can when you get the chance. You never know when you might go on an unwinning bad run and not win anything (or even watch your tax didging club die - thankfully something we don't have to worry about these days).

I have supported him for as long as I can but I've sadly had enough. But he will always be a Celtic legend to me.

john, i didn't have an issue with him getting the job, he earned the shot and on the basis of last year i still have no qualms about him getting it, won everything he could
but very unlike us to do things like that, very hasty, would've been far happier if they said we've looked at other options as a board should do for such a position, done our due dilligence and believe he is the best man available, then fine, plus waited until he was out of the shower
what were they hoping for a naked cuddle or a boner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I gave him great credit for turning our fortunes around at the start of the year as I was beginning to worry about could he be on the slippery slope, but that scouse git managed that spectacularly.
So would never have expected this shitshow and yet hanging onto a tread of history trying to repeat itself

I was thankful Neil stepped in when he did. I also didn't want him signed up as permanent manager, but at the time I did say if he won tge teeble then he probably should be offered the job. But I was raging at Lawwell's negligence when he boasted he never even considered anyone else.

Having said that, I would never have traded that treble for anyrhing else. Take every trophy win you can when you get the chance. You never know when you might go on an unwinning bad run and not win anything (or even watch your tax didging club die - thankfully something we don't have to worry about these days).

I have supported him for as long as I can but I've sadly had enough. But he will always be a Celtic legend to me.
i'm like you BB, having been through the mill over the years, you take any win, complaining while winning seemed at odds to me
feck even when they got demoted, i thought that'll do me, but over time see the relevance in not letting them/sfa off with it
i've always been fitba daft, but i only see celtic. i honestly couldn't tell you a player that mob signed in the summer, a roofer is as close as i'll get, don't watch them unless my mates text and say they're getting beat.
outside celtic its only scotland that gets my heart. The EPL, not for me, no interest in watching two teams i couldn't give a fuck about. it becomes a chore.
but the flipside of that is i'm probably too intense on Celtic and when you have one of us getting it, it hurts and it's hard to put the boot in to one of your own.
But the Club means more than him or me.
If we lose 10 and he limps on till the end, i'll not remember him for that

I gave him great credit for turning our fortunes around at the start of the year as I was beginning to worry about could he be on the slippery slope, but that scouse git managed that spectacularly.
So would never have expected this shitshow and yet hanging onto a tread of history trying to repeat itself
I think their collapse masked a regression and gave the powers that be a faith in themselves and a complacency that has since proven foolish

We had better get our act together very very quickly because the games are still coming thick and fast. From Sunday afternoon there will be 10 games in 35 days, including 2 Europas, a cup final and the new Glasgow derby (although most games are at Parkhead):

Sunday 29th November at 14:00
Scottish League Cup Round 2: Celtic v Ross County

Thursday 3rd December at 17:55
Europa League: AC Milan v Celtic

Sunday 6th December at 15:00
Scottish Premiership: Celtic v St. Johnstone

Thursday 10th December at 20:00
Europa League: Celtic v Lille

Sunday 13th December at 15:00
Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Kilmarnock

Sunday 20th December at 15:00
Scottish Cup Final: Celtic v Hearts

Wednesday 23rd December at 19:45
Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Ross County

Saturday 26th December at 15:00
Scottish Premiership: Hamilton v Celtic

Wednesday 30th December at 19:45
Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Dundee United

Saturday 2nd January at 12:30
Scottish Premiership: Sevco v Celtic

Saturday 9th January at 15:00
Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Hibernian

By the time we play sevco, we will be 2 points behind them....beat them and they will crumble again

Mon the Celtic, Mon the Lenny

In fairness to him BB he did have a huge overhaul on his hands when taking over and would argue maybe has assembled a better squad, certainly one with more depth, so is that down to lenny or Hammond?
Regardless of who gets the credit the alarming drop in standards within the same group of players is one I can not recall at any club let alone ours

By the time we play sevco, we will be 2 points behind them....beat them and they will crumble again

Mon the Celtic, Mon the Lenny
Fuck Docco. I really really really really hope you are right. I know you have a glass and a half in each glass and my glass is only about 49% full, so I hope Lenny can turn it around as it looks like we have no other option.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back