Vote of Confidence - We Continue to Sleepwalk

Are they fucking serious? A 'get to know each other' relaxation area! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Well good tae see my season ticket money (which I still paid even though I knew I wouldn't be able to go see my team play) is being pissed up the wall on some nice comfy chairs, scented candles and fucking yoga mats for a squad of players who've mostly been a disgrace to the jersey this season.

Fuck me......I feel like I'm now being trolled by my own club!
'Fuck me......I feel like I'm now being trolled by my own club!' :ROFLMAO:

just poured myself a jd and coke fella,
my laptop is wearing the first mouthful

👏👏👏

From this afternoon's press conference
Celtic boss Neil Lennon had a zoom call with Dermot Desmond & Peter Lawwell this morning “trying to find solutions to what we can do better” says it was “a very productive conversation” & he has “their full support”.
One of the main problems re- "sack Lennon" is simple. For PL to sack, "resign" Lenny it would mean him having to admit he was wrong, ergo, he has a vested interest in wanting a "turnaround". DD therefore is in the same boat. It is he who approved PL's appointing of Lenny, ie he could've said, no ,get another top chap in, he did not. DD has to face reality and get rid of current manager now and head hunt a new CEO at the end of season to be in place for the next. No more CEO being involved in football matters, a management team to oversee footballing matters, a CEO to balance the books (on a more realistic wage/bonus structure). Peter Lawwell has overseen a fine fiscal system, but interfered too much in the nuts and bolts, (football). This is salvageable, a new man at helm to organise the Bhoys, get the team structured. I know it's not that easy, but in a way it actually is. I remember 70's 80's and so forth, many remember more, some less, but we are at another moment in the fine history of our great club and action is needed now. It does sadden me a lot to turn against Lenny, but Celtic is and always will be more than 1 man, and in my case 1 fan.

One of the main problems re- "sack Lennon" is simple. For PL to sack, "resign" Lenny it would mean him having to admit he was wrong, ergo, he has a vested interest in wanting a "turnaround". DD therefore is in the same boat. It is he who approved PL's appointing of Lenny, ie he could've said, no ,get another top chap in, he did not. DD has to face reality and get rid of current manager now and head hunt a new CEO at the end of season to be in place for the next. No more CEO being involved in football matters, a management team to oversee footballing matters, a CEO to balance the books (on a more realistic wage/bonus structure). Peter Lawwell has overseen a fine fiscal system, but interfered too much in the nuts and bolts, (football). This is salvageable, a new man at helm to organise the Bhoys, get the team structured. I know it's not that easy, but in a way it actually is. I remember 70's 80's and so forth, many remember more, some less, but we are at another moment in the fine history of our great club and action is needed now. It does sadden me a lot to turn against Lenny, but Celtic is and always will be more than 1 man, and in my case 1 fan.
spot on, self preservation by the man who couldn't pick a player or a manager to save his fecking life
top top businessman though, could get a job at a massive club after us, hopefully soon
terrible communicator though for the CEO of a club the nature of celtic

Well said Nick. I think Lawwell has done well managing our business but think there has been too much interference by our self-appointed "director of football" (well in Peter's own head at least). Although a CEO will have the final say in capital expenditure he should be relying on technical experts to strongly advise him on the playing side of things.

'Fuck me......I feel like I'm now being trolled by my own club!' :ROFLMAO:

just poured myself a jd and coke fella,
my laptop is wearing the first mouthful

👏👏👏

After last night's capitulation and today's head in the sand 'business as usual' pish that story tipped me over the fucking edge tbh mate! 😤 :LOL:

Genuinely thought MD was at the wind up until I checked newsnow and confirmed it was actually true! I mean ffs who at the club honestly thought after last night that putting out a story about creating a 'getting to know each other' relaxation area for players was in any way a good idea?

Getting to know each other? Somewhere for the players to 'relax'? WTAF!

Here's an idea why don't they try 'getting to know each other' on the fucking training pitch and given that they've only managed to turn up for 20-30 mins per game so far this season then I think they've relaxed fucking plenty already!

Fucking unbelievable! o_O🤪 If ye didnae laugh ye'd greet! 😂

spot on, self preservation by the man who couldn't pick a player or a manager to save his fecking life
top top businessman though, could get a job at a massive club after us, hopefully soon
terrible communicator though for the CEO of a club the nature of celtic

Honestly God help whichever club Lawell lands at next, top businessman who knows his way around a commercial deal maybe but he's a fucking interfering control freak who knows the sum total of hee fucking haw when it comes to fitbaw matters or good PR!

After last night's capitulation and today's head in the sand 'business as usual' pish that story tipped me over the fucking edge tbh mate! 😤 :LOL:

Genuinely thought MD was at the wind up until I checked newsnow and confirmed it was actually true! I mean ffs who at the club honestly thought after last night that putting out a story about creating a 'getting to know each other' relaxation area for players was in any way a good idea?

Getting to know each other? Somewhere for the players to 'relax'? WTAF!

Here's an idea why don't they try 'getting to know each other' on the fucking training pitch and given that they've only managed to turn up for 20-30 mins per game so far this season then I think they've relaxed fucking plenty already!

Fucking unbelievable! o_O🤪 If ye didnae laugh ye'd greet! 😂
Aye, it's amazing what the game can do to you, the highs have you soaring, the lows are desperate.
Lenny must have muck on PL or something, a swingers party or an in house affair, its blind loyalty
i hope i'm wrong and it turns round but ........

that shite getting to know, i'm dubious about but not read out on it. avoided the news feed today, get too wound up, i'm as chilled as you meet, but i can go from 0-60 in a millisecond then i have to unscrew myself

i tend to do a lot of both :)

Honestly God help whichever club Lawell lands at next, top businessman who knows his way around a commercial deal maybe but he's a fucking interfering control freak who knows the sum total of hee fucking haw when it comes to fitbaw matters or good PR!
I think Lawwell is looking for a cushy number lording it up in administration of the European footballing association of similar. I think he might be well suited to that role too, negotiating deals with tv, sponsors, etc.

I think Lawwell is looking for a cushy number lording it up in administration of the European footballing association of similar. I think he might be well suited to that role too, negotiating deals with tv, sponsors, etc.
Peter 'the Bulldog' Lawwell
He'll get a top job as he's respected outwith our walls.
Think those days coming to Celtic Park if you were a top team, look what he's built here with the 'constraints' he's had. He'll br brown nosing and taking the credit, the suits always do
Well not anymore, he's fecking running us aground

Last edited:

Members online

Back