Wall of Noise

Denbhoy72

Have to mention the Celtic support for their backing last night.The wall of noise that greeted the players was spine tingling.Throughout the game they lifted the atmosphere to new heights.Its strange how some teams wilt in the heat of the battle and others thrive off it.I know Salzurg were good and i dont know if it spooked our players.You could feel through the awesome atmoshere the hope and expectation of the home support for the team to recreate their swashbuckling form.In domestic games where the atmosphere isnt at fever pitch if the team is off form their is groans however in these euro games if your having a mare like Rogic and the team is being outplayed the groans are magnified 1000 times That Wall of Noise can then feel like a slap in the mouth.
Maybe that Wall of Noise and the heaving breathing roar of the Celtic lion and the hope and expectation which was pulsing through the stands spooked the players and Salzburg fed off that.
Reminds me off a game against oldco in 2011 when Ledley scored with a header.Soon after the goal the support started singing 'we shall not be moved'.
I watched the game recently on youtube with earphones in and even the commentaters were like wow listen to the noise.
The noise is unbelievable and if you watch it back for about five minutes not only were the huns spooked but our players were all over the place.So does the infamous Celtic roar not only spook opposition players but our own into below par performances.

Have to mention the Celtic support for their backing last night.The wall of noise that greeted the players was spine tingling.Throughout the game they lifted the atmosphere to new heights.Its strange how some teams wilt in the heat of the battle and others thrive off it.I know Salzurg were good and i dont know if it spooked our players.You could feel through the awesome atmoshere the hope and expectation of the home support for the team to recreate their swashbuckling form.In domestic games where the atmosphere isnt at fever pitch if the team is off form their is groans however in these euro games if your having a mare like Rogic and the team is being outplayed the groans are magnified 1000 times That Wall of Noise can then feel like a slap in the mouth.
Maybe that Wall of Noise and the heaving breathing roar of the Celtic lion and the hope and expectation which was pulsing through the stands spooked the players and Salzburg fed off that.
Reminds me off a game against oldco in 2011 when Ledley scored with a header.Soon after the goal the support started singing 'we shall not be moved'.
I watched the game recently on youtube with earphones in and even the commentaters were like wow listen to the noise.
The noise is unbelievable and if you watch it back for about five minutes not only were the huns spooked but our players were all over the place.So does the infamous Celtic roar not only spook opposition players but our own into below par performances.
It could explain the nervy , unforced errors we see in games like this and why some of our players don't turn up.

I don’t think the noise unsettled our players. They simply shat it, lost confidence and couldn’t pass the ball five yards. . Awful from everyone apart from Benkovic and he isn’t even our player. Was really dissapointed with how we couldn’t keep the ball. One of the worst performances at home for years. Thank fuck Rosenborg dug us out.

It could explain the nervy , unforced errors we see in games like this and why some of our players don't turn up.
I know the fans cant put one in the back of the net or clear one off the line however unlike most grounds in the uk euro nights are at fever pitch.If we had scored early with Edouard it would settle the team down.Quality teams when its goaless get a feel for the pitch and settle down and start playing.As you say every misplaced pass is met with frustration from the stands.Not suggesting the fans should crank it down as its only natural as the game unfolds.We know they can achieve a higher level of performance.

I think, though i hate it, you can usually have one or 2 not having a good game.

Last night we weren’t settled soon enough. Credit to them they were magnificent.

Like you say sometimes the players are on it sometimes not.

They were outclassed. Settled a lot more as soon as broony came on although they still had blistering pace.

They can go n go n go.

Remember when we played the high press last year. It forced the opponent to do all the running and i think this contributed to dire passing from us too.

However that said, the positives are the bhoys earned their points up to them so earned the right (with a present from rosenberg) to go through.

And they went through from a fantastic group a helluva hard one at this stage.

In addition to playing many games our bhoys have secured euro football after christmas and a bonus for PL to add quality in January due to the last 32 securing an extra few bob.

All in all i wanted a win, would have settled for a draw but seeing Salzburg i am proud that the score was kept at 2-1.

Not a lot will beat them, they did win every one of their group games.

Yes, a lot to be upbeat about.

HH ☘️

I know the fans cant put one in the back of the net or clear one off the line however unlike most grounds in the uk euro nights are at fever pitch.If we had scored early with Edouard it would settle the team down.Quality teams when its goaless get a feel for the pitch and settle down and start playing.As you say every misplaced pass is met with frustration from the stands.Not suggesting the fans should crank it down as its only natural as the game unfolds.We know they can achieve a higher level of performance.
Edouard never looked like holding on to the ball long enough to fashion a chance never mind score. He frequently made the wrong runs too , which is not like him. The players who could hurt RBZ, didn't.

Look how well Salzburg coped in our fantastic stadium with (in my eyes) the best atmosphere in the world.

It didnt faze them.

HH ☘️

The atmosphere at Paradise should galvanise and encourage the team. I don't think it scares them, but Salzburg certainly did.

I think it was Salburg that scared them with that blistering pace and high press pal.

Everytime one of ours had the ball they were challenged by a minimum of 3 players. Salzburg seemed to be everywhere and all over us.

Players panicked and wanted shot of the ball as soon as it came to them inevitably passing it back to salzburg.

Players heads went down and became consumed with their own individual mistakes and some of them shat it.

Our players know what to expect from our fans. It wasn’t the atmosphere that was too much for them pal.

It was Salzburg.

HH Shammy ☘️

I think it was Salburg that scared them with that blistering pace and high press pal.

Everytime one of ours had the ball they were challenged by a minimum of 3 players. Salzburg seemed to be everywhere and all over us.

Players panicked and wanted shot of the ball as soon as it came to them inevitably passing it back to salzburg.

Players heads went down and became consumed with their own individual mistakes and some of them shat it.

Our players know what to expect from our fans. It wasn’t the atmosphere that was too much for them pal.

It was Salzburg.

HH Shammy ☘️

I think I just said that, Maria. :ROFLMAO: Give us any team that played the sevco. HHpal

Edouard never looked like holding on to the ball long enough to fashion a chance never mind score. He frequently made the wrong runs too , which is not like him. The players who could hurt RBZ, didn't.
Which is why we should be careful of who we trust to go into the game, experience is not replaced overnight and is only learned playing in many finals, cue the need to keep players like Brown and Lustig who can step up to the plate in big games confident in their ability to handle any noise or atmosphere or what gets thrown at them.

I thought oh fuck did i pick you up wrong then seen the humour haha. Magic pal. Yes i believe you most certainly did. People try to emulate greatness please forgive a fan ??

Which is why we should be careful of who we trust to go into the game, experience is not replaced overnight and is only learned playing in many finals, cue the need to keep players like Brown and Lustig who can step up to the plate in big games confident in their ability to handle any noise or atmosphere or what gets thrown at them.

Well you know i agree wi that, Sugar ??

Members online

Latest posts

Back