Wall of Noise

I think it was Salburg that scared them with that blistering pace and high press pal.

Everytime one of ours had the ball they were challenged by a minimum of 3 players. Salzburg seemed to be everywhere and all over us.

Players panicked and wanted shot of the ball as soon as it came to them inevitably passing it back to salzburg.

Players heads went down and became consumed with their own individual mistakes and some of them shat it.

Our players know what to expect from our fans. It wasn’t the atmosphere that was too much for them pal.

It was Salzburg.

HH Shammy ☘️
I think you are spot on there. I think Salzburg are probably the fittest team we have played in a long time . I didn't think they could keep up that speed and energy for 90 minutes but they did . Our boys are pretty fit but that is the standard they should be aiming at.

I don’t think i have ever seen a team with the longevity of pace they had, ever.

I knew they were a decent side but their not.

They are a magnificent team. They really are.

They all must have a 6th sense of their next pass both released and received.

A well oiled machine with a hunger thats ravenous.

If they had some of the luck we had last night i shudder to think what the score could have been.

They were a tough opponent but they were nowhere as arrogant as PSG and yet they had skills.

HH ☘️

I don’t think i have ever seen a team with the longevity of pace they had, ever.

I knew they were a decent side but their not.

They are a magnificent team. They really are.

They all must have a 6th sense of their next pass both released and received.

A well oiled machine with a hunger thats ravenous.

If they had some of the luck we had last night i shudder to think what the score could have been.

They were a tough opponent but they were nowhere as arrogant as PSG and yet they had skills.

HH ☘️
At least they don't have Neymar!

The atmosphere last night was 1st class, we're the 12th man. We turned up but unfortunately the team didn't bring their A game & Brendan's tactics were left on the training ground.

From my (Son's) seat in the North Stand Upper I had a perfect view of how Salzburg played us at our own game & also forced the tactical change that we could I'll afford. The challenge by the Salzburg player on Lustig in the 7th min, I believe he wasn't going for the ball, he was going for the player, I mentioned it to my son at the time, Lustig tried his best but unfortunately he couldn't continue

Brendan's 1st tactical mistake, Ajer is not a RB, also he's been injured for a few week's so lacked the fitness required for the role, KT over to RB & Izzy on.

I know Sinky would have been happy with Izzy overlapping & Wee Jamesy would have been able to work with KT. Brendan's 2nd tactical mistake, should have been Rogic hooked instead of Sinky. Salzburgs pace & ability to pull our CB out of position, thus continually allowing runner's space to work in.

1st goal FFS daydreaming & ball watching cost us big time.

2nd goal, Klanger or Whit? FFS Gordon put the fvckin ball back the way it came or am I just being picky?

RB, CD & Striker in January please Santa.
☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️HAIL HAIL☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️

Salzburg were incredible in the 1st half especially, it was if they had 12 or 13 players! There was always someone open particularly down both flanks. No idea what was up with big Tam, completely ineffective. Possession is king in Europe and this is something like our Achilles heel, once again we're scrapping to get the ball then lose it in 5 seconds n we're back to square one. Enjoyed Broony coming on n calming everyone down a bit n hopefully the news Christie's injury might not be as bad as thought is major relief!

Once again our Green Brigade are exceptional! Absolutely fantastic meeting the bhoys off the bus and incredible all night long inside Paradise, especially when we went 2-0 down, they seemed to get louder! When everyone else, myself included, was deflated with heavy heart the racket from the GB inspired the whole stadium back to our feet! They were inspired!!!

The spirit of the Jungle is alive!!! ? HH

I agree with most that Salzburg were/ are a very good team - skilful , quick and superbly organised .
But - we were very poor , actually worse than we were in Austria I feel ( even with ten men ).

Our performances in Europe ( Leipzig aside ) have not been what we expected . Yes , we had a very tough group but we were poor away ( again ) despite the win against Rosenborg and did not hit the heights that we should .
Why ?
Lack of confidence ? - we are playing well now , so hard to understand that this would be an issue last night :
Lack of ability ? - we have some very good players who would walk into many a top team - when on their game ;
Tactics ? - question marks against BR's selections would be only valid if we had pointed them out beforehand , but Tartan Tim has highlighted a couple of things that did not help our performance last night ;
Fear of the opposition ? - surely not .Yes Salzburg are a good team but we have faced Barcelona , PSG , Man City etc ... in recent seasons with World Class players on their books .

I suspect that I will not be alone in saying I don't know what the problem is when we play in Europe - but we have to improve before the knockout rounds or we will as much chance of progressing as the GASL has of winning a court case .

Our away form in Europe is a mystery . Under O'Neill , Strachan , Lennon and even BR we are serial under performers .
FFS look at Sevco this season with their mix of shite and garbage they managed to over perform - only 2 defeats in 14 games ( playing lesser opponents than us admittedly ) but if they can perform with a rag-tag-and-bobtail outfit , we should be doing so much better .

Having said all that - I , like everyone else , don't know the answer .

Our away form in Europe is a mystery . Under O'Neill , Strachan , Lennon and even BR we are serial under performers .
FFS look at Sevco this season with their mix of shite and garbage they managed to over perform - only 2 defeats in 14 games ( playing lesser opponents than us admittedly ) but if they can perform with a rag-tag-and-bobtail outfit , we should be doing so much better .

good rant fergus!!! HH

The atmosphere last night was 1st class, we're the 12th man. We turned up but unfortunately the team didn't bring their A game & Brendan's tactics were left on the training ground.

From my (Son's) seat in the North Stand Upper I had a perfect view of how Salzburg played us at our own game & also forced the tactical change that we could I'll afford. The challenge by the Salzburg player on Lustig in the 7th min, I believe he wasn't going for the ball, he was going for the player, I mentioned it to my son at the time, Lustig tried his best but unfortunately he couldn't continue

Brendan's 1st tactical mistake, Ajer is not a RB, also he's been injured for a few week's so lacked the fitness required for the role, KT over to RB & Izzy on.

I know Sinky would have been happy with Izzy overlapping & Wee Jamesy would have been able to work with KT. Brendan's 2nd tactical mistake, should have been Rogic hooked instead of Sinky. Salzburgs pace & ability to pull our CB out of position, thus continually allowing runner's space to work in.

1st goal FFS daydreaming & ball watching cost us big time.

2nd goal, Klanger or Whit? FFS Gordon put the fvckin ball back the way it came or am I just being picky?

RB, CD & Striker in January please Santa.
☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️HAIL HAIL☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️
spot on TT,but i'm goin furra glass half full. (ah know zoom) aye we got mollicated in the first half,but we went in 0-0,ajer disnae touch the ba' goal! gordon disnae dae a karrius,no goal, penalty-goal, we win 2-1 (stop laughin in the cheap seats yooz!!!) HH we're thru though and those phux aint!!!!

A ragtag and bobtail outfit ???? peach

Members online

Latest posts

Back