Want away players careers post Celtic

I did. Because it's a very relevant point. The guy played his ass off for Celtic in a position he had to grow into, and people need to cut him some slack.
Overall Larry, he has received far more positive reports than negative ones. Still faults in his game that need addressing and if not will he found out in a very unforgiven league.
Still think he can succeed regardless

I totally get the money thing but what pisses me off is when they are on something like 20 or 30 grand a week with celtic ( as a certain player was) then moves to engerlund for “life changing money” Whitt!!! Where they struggling to live and make ends meet on the wages they where getting?
It’s all relative, whats a fortune to us fans is far from the best that they can earn elsewhere while it seems greedy to us peasants there isn’t one of us that would turn down a better job offer that tripled or more your wages for doing the same job I don’t blame any for going elsewhere to earn an early retirement in comfort every one of us would do the same given the chance,all we have the right to expect is 100% while those players are at Celtic

If true IMO a decent offer considering B.R. pulled the plug at £15m.
I am sure A.P. could do decent business with that sort of money..

HH.

It’s all relative, whats a fortune to us fans is far from the best that they can earn elsewhere while it seems greedy to us peasants there isn’t one of us that would turn down a better job offer that tripled or more your wages for doing the same job I don’t blame any for going elsewhere to earn an early retirement in comfort every one of us would do the same given the chance,all we have the right to expect is 100% while those players are at Celtic

Suppose it depends on your motivation for getting into football. I'm sure Scott Brown could have made more cash in his career with a move down south but he chose glory and title over a bigger bank balance...maybe the same could be said about forrest.

If true IMO a decent offer considering B.R. pulled the plug at £15m.
I am sure A.P. could do decent business with that sort of money..

HH.
It’s good money for a guy that mostly plays walking football 😂

Big Forster knocked back Southampton contract offer because they have offered him £30,000 + less than he is earning now.
He is in the last year of his contract with a present wage of £100,000,cant see him at Parkhead when he is on this sort of money..

HH
Wouldn't buy into them figures GS, 5M a season for a no 2 goalkeeper?
Regardless, he didn't want to come back last season, wouldn't fit in with what Ange is looking for from a keeper, so fuck him and we'll move on imo.

Suppose it depends on your motivation for getting into football. I'm sure Scott Brown could have made more cash in his career with a move down south but he chose glory and title over a bigger bank balance...maybe the same could be said about forrest.
Exactly Lubos, even a relatively low wage in football terms of 20k is still a million a season.
How many millions does a footballer need to earn?
Over the long run, players still become very wealthy men with us regardless and a trophy haul many could never match during a career. So a lot will come down to individual preferences, and its a shame, greed still exists so highly within the football world.

Overall Larry, he has received far more positive reports than negative ones. Still faults in his game that need addressing and if not will he found out in a very unforgiven league.
Still think he can succeed regardless
Agreed. Interestingly I thought he'd go elsewhere -- I know Bayer Leverkusen had an interest in him -- but he'll just have to make do where he is and I agree he'll succeed regardless.

Not a fair comparison in my opinion. Doing an every day job and having your wages trebled is not the same as playing football every day and making 20 odd grand a week. He's already a millionaire. And as lubo pointed out, he left a team like Celtic who have an opportunity to win trophies every season and a chance to play in Europe, to play for a team who are favourites to be relegated. That's not ambition, that's greed. I couldn't really care where he went as I think people on here have him way overrated. I know he was a midfielder, but he's a defender long enough now to be called a defender. One who turns like a forty foot lorry and can't head the ball.
Cash the fuckin cheque quick before they realise we've ripped them off.......

Members online

Back