We Are All James Mc Clean and Neil Lennon

Derry Bhoy

Great respect for James McClean, he is abused at every ground in England for his principle not to wear a poppy. Its disgraceful that the English F.A. are doing nothing to protect him from the bigots in the stands. If he was coloured, gay or Muslim there would be up roar about his treatment, but he is only an Irish Catholic they don't count.
James like myself has seen the British Army in Derry when they murdered many citizens of that city on Bloody Sunday. A British Prime Minister apologized for their actions, but James still receives the awful abuse from these savages.
We are all James and Neil. Keep the faith !!!!!!

Great respect for James McClean, he is abused at every ground in England for his principle not to wear a poppy. Its disgraceful that the English F.A. are doing nothing to protect him from the bigots in the stands. If he was coloured, gay or Muslim there would be up roar about his treatment, but he is only an Irish Catholic they don't count.
James like myself has seen the British Army in Derry when they murdered many citizens of that city on Bloody Sunday. A British Prime Minister apologized for their actions, but James still receives the awful abuse from these savages.
We are all James and Neil. Keep the faith !!!!!!
A great point, brilliantly presented, Derry Bhoy!

We remain the punchline in many anecdotal stories and jokes which would have been deemed racist if they featured another national, cultural or ethnic group.

Let's not even start about the religious connotations.

JMc has put his head above the parapet both figuratively and metaphorically. He has eloquently explained his reasoning and rationale for his decision and should be applauded byALL for taking such a moral stance on the matter.

Yet as you explain DB - he is abused and castigated for following his, and our, moral compass.

Thank you DB (as well as Boab1916) for raising this matter and for continuing to bring it to our attention.

I am James McClean

How can we moan when McLean gets booed for what he believes, then boo a silence that others believe in? Many catholic families in Scotland and Indeed Ireland had members who fought the Nazis and Japanese. My own great uncle spent three years in a Japanese death camp. Are we to say to them, you can’t show respect to them? WW2 to me was the only war in 150 years I could say needed and had to be fought.

Isn’t it a two way street? Isn’t that what freedom of speech is all about? Respecting other people’s right to have a belief no matter how much you might disagree with it?

Or have I missed something?

McLean takes ownership of his position. He doesn’t hide in a crowd. He has balls of steel.

Hi Theverdict you haven't missed something ,no one is saying that a silence should not be respected,It isn't a two way street when the abuse is being hurled at an easy target like JAMES who is not being protected by anyone and is a lone voice expressing his freedom of speech.There isnt any authority protecting his rights

I agree with that, but we have to remember, if those who fought the Nazis hadn’t won and they took over and an SS Division had carried out atrocities all over these islands, as they did everywhere they went, no one would be able to make any protest unless they accepted being shot.

I know he takes dogs abuse, you say the government aren’t protecting him enough and that may be absolutely true, but had guys like my great uncle not prevailed the government would be killing him. Nazis and facists had to be stopped, we wouldn’t even be able to argue about stuff if they had won.

That’s why I take my hat off to they old guys, most are now dead. We can never fully know what their fighting saved us from Nazi and fascist rule. . A look at history doesn’t paint a good picture though, does it?

McLean has the right to make his stand because soldiers in WW2 made it possible by defeating Hitler. That I do know. We see a Nazi in the Whitehouse right now, one in Brazil and others across Europe and here at home, crawling out of the woodwork. We may well have to fight them again, and if anybody does, they will be my side regardless of nationality.

How can we moan when McLean gets booed for what he believes, then boo a silence that others believe in? Many catholic families in Scotland and Indeed Ireland had members who fought the Nazis and Japanese. My own great uncle spent three years in a Japanese death camp. Are we to say to them, you can’t show respect to them? WW2 to me was the only war in 150 years I could say needed and had to be fought.

Isn’t it a two way street? Isn’t that what freedom of speech is all about? Respecting other people’s right to have a belief no matter how much you might disagree with it?

Or have I missed something?

McLean takes ownership of his position. He doesn’t hide in a crowd. He has balls of steel.

It's a sweeping generalisation to infer that Celtic fans boo the beliefs and silences of others.

In my experience as a fan, I have witnessed mass condemnation by the significantly significant majority of supporters when one of our own breaks rank.

I am not detracting from anyone's right to express their views freely......I am expressing mine now and I have expressed them previously.

If you feel those who chant abuse at JMc are justified, then power to your elbow.

I am expressing freely that I believe their acts of condemnation are unwarranted and based on reasons other than not wearing a poppy

I agree with that, but we have to remember, if those who fought the Nazis hadn’t won and they took over and an SS Division had carried out atrocities all over these islands, as they did everywhere they went, no one would be able to make any protest unless they accepted being shot.

I know he takes dogs abuse, you say the government aren’t protecting him enough and that may be absolutely true, but had guys like my great uncle not prevailed the government would be killing him. Nazis and facists had to be stopped, we wouldn’t even be able to argue about stuff if they had won.

That’s why I take my hat off to they old guys, most are now dead. We can never fully know what their fighting saved us from Nazi and fascist rule. . A look at history doesn’t paint a good picture though, does it?

McLean has the right to make his stand because soldiers in WW2 made it possible by defeating Hitler. That I do know. We see a Nazi in the Whitehouse right now, one in Brazil and others across Europe and here at home, crawling out of the woodwork. We may well have to fight them again, and if anybody does, they will be my side regardless of nationality.
If JMc's stance not to wear a poppy was intended to support the rise of the reich.....then he should be, and would have been, unilateraly condemned.

The whole debate of the poppy and it's significance has been argued at length by yourself and others on a separate post.

But let's be brutally honest here......JMc's stance has nothing to do with the rise of the reich and to use that as the basis of your argument undermines your own point.

I have respect for your own stance on the subject matter; however - I cannot agree with your position, as that poppy is not only representative of those who fell in the various theatres of two world wars, but also those who willingly participated in battlegrounds with people who had not threatened to infringe upon british soil.

On a final note TV1, I would gladly stand by your side in any resistance against the rise of facism and nazism

HH

If JMc's stance not to wear a poppy was intended to support the rise of the reich.....then he should be, and would have been, unilateraly condemned.

The whole debate of the poppy and it's significance has been argued at length by yourself and others on a separate post.

But let's be brutally honest here......JMc's stance has nothing to do with the rise of the reich and to use that as the basis of your argument undermines your own point.

I have respect for your own stance on the subject matter; however - I cannot agree with your position, as that poppy is not only representative of those who fell in the various theatres of two world wars, but also those who willingly participated in battlegrounds with people who had not threatened to infringe upon british soil.

On a final note TV1, I would gladly stand by your side in any resistance against the rise of facism and nazism

HH

I know lots of shit has happened. Nobody could deny that. Equally though, not all can be condemned for it.

It's a sweeping generalisation to infer that Celtic fans boo the beliefs and silences of others.

In my experience as a fan, I have witnessed mass condemnation by the significantly significant majority of supporters when one of our own breaks rank.

I am not detracting from anyone's right to express their views freely......I am expressing mine now and I have expressed them previously.

If you feel those who chant abuse at JMc are justified, then power to your elbow.

I am expressing freely that I believe their acts of condemnation are unwarranted and based on reasons other than not wearing a poppy

No I don’t think it’s justified. Go read what I wrote again and don’t include what you think I said.

No I don’t think it’s justified. Go read what I wrote again and don’t include wI hat you think I said.
I'm really pedantic TV1 and i'm going to be even more pedantic than usual by throwing in the caveat that I did say "If".

Sorry man......just got used to trying to cover all bases at all times.

Do British people have a minutes silence for the German and Russian Soldiers who were sent to their death at Stalingrad by their lunatic governments, albeit Russia at time was Allied, but not for long.

All souls day could be a better day where all faiths pray for all people who are dead, not just soldiers.

I hadnt read about WW1 since school. I read a book on it recently. I always thought that Britain lost just as many people as thge germans and the french since we all have similar popualtions.

I was really shocked to realise that UK losses in WW1 although far too many was so small in comparison to the german and french people and the Russians lost that many they had a revolution before the war ended.

Im sure poppy day was meant to be about ww1 only.

All death is awful but the way those men in world war 1 were commnaded to walk into modern machine gun and massive artilery over and over by snobbish idiotic high command like it was more brave to walk into certain death is beyond me. These high command and government officials should have been executed after the war was finsihed for gross missconduct.

But like always the real psychos get bigger bank balances and the poor get dead for their nutty games.

I suspect poppy day is there to distract people from ever noticing who benefits from war and who pays the biggest toll.

I have no problem with people who wear the poppy. I dont see why they should have problem with me if I dont. I pray for all dead in my own way in my own style.

I dont even like the flower assuming thats what the poppy is. It means death to me, death in the name of empire.

people being killed in war all war everywhere is awful. I pray for the repose of all souls in my own way. And the poppy means nothing to me except superficial false remembrance. Pharisee remembrance

I don't wear a poppy & haven't done since I was 16. I donate when I see a poppy box in local shop or the local vetrans group have a stall. My Great Granda's & Grandad fought in wars so we could live in a free society, the Poppy Police can go take a flying fcuk.

Do British people have a minutes silence for the German and Russian Soldiers who were sent to their death at Stalingrad by their lunatic governments, albeit Russia at time was Allied, but not for long.

All souls day could be a better day where all faiths pray for all people who are dead, not just soldiers.

I hadnt read about WW1 since school. I read a book on it recently. I always thought that Britain lost just as many people as thge germans and the french since we all have similar popualtions.

I was really shocked to realise that UK losses in WW1 although far too many was so small in comparison to the german and french people and the Russians lost that many they had a revolution before the war ended.

Im sure poppy day was meant to be about ww1 only.

All death is awful but the way those men in world war 1 were commnaded to walk into modern machine gun and massive artilery over and over by snobbish idiotic high command like it was more brave to walk into certain death is beyond me. These high command and government officials should have been executed after the war was finsihed for gross missconduct.

But like always the real psychos get bigger bank balances and the poor get dead for their nutty games.

I suspect poppy day is there to distract people from ever noticing who benefits from war and who pays the biggest toll.

I have no problem with people who wear the poppy. I dont see why they should have problem with me if I dont. I pray for all dead in my own way in my own style.

I dont even like the flower assuming thats what the poppy is. It means death to me, death in the name of empire.

people being killed in war all war everywhere is awful. I pray for the repose of all souls in my own way. And the poppy means nothing to me except superficial false remembrance. Pharisee remembrance

No tet, the blood red poppy only commemorates british personnel killed in action not those that they killed

The white poppy is inclusive of all who died or are affected by war.

Incidentally the poppy started in america for a different reason but was hijacked by a visiting earl and brought back to london approx 2 decades later

1/10th of all politicians should be drawn from hats and sent to front line every time a war is declared. If any die then a replacement should be drawn from the hat to take thier fallen comrades place. Might actually get genuine politicians that way. And the war cabinet if necessary gets to pick a junior member of his family to take his place at front line should he feel he is needed in the bunker rather than front line.

I think wars would be few and far between if those were the universal rules of war.

I posted on the poppy thread a few days ago that I believe there is ample opportunity to pay respect for those that wish to do so without the players wearing poppies or a minutes silence at a football match.

Without this then we would not be chastised for ‘anti poppy’ behaviour and James MacLean would not be put in the position he finds himself in.

I don’t follow English football but of interest do any Japanese or German players (if there are any) wear a poppy on their strip.?

Back