We Are All James Mc Clean and Neil Lennon

I strongly disagree with the current habit of making football teams wear jerseys with poppy emblems at this time of the year. Wearing a poppy or not should be entirely optional for the individual player; as a result of enforced poppy-wearing on jerseys, as a principled objector James McClean (and his family) is subjected to vile abuse year after year. The way he is treated is a disgrace.

I strongly disagree with the current habit of making football teams wear jerseys with poppy emblems at this time of the year. Wearing a poppy or not should be entirely optional for the individual player; as a result of enforced poppy-wearing on jerseys, as a principled objector James McClean (and his family) is subjected to vile abuse year after year. The way he is treated is a disgrace.

That is the issue, not the deflection and simplistic argument of why can't we all just respect just a minutes silence, extremely simplistic when it has been the very silence of the majority that have enabled past wars!

This was not Celtic fans doing, this is a modern issue created by cynical governments and the SFA who had no moral authority to force the emblem, stitched into shirts bringing politics into sport.

This is not a minutes silence anymore, this is now part of something that has little resemblance of what once was and for decades prior a credible enough few minutes a year mark of remembrance and respect generally attended by those who chose to! Once generally respected and accepted.
This now is and was a modern 21st century politically convenient creation, an event cynically used for deflection away from unpopular political wars.
This is now an autumn long loyalist like vulgar perversion in extremes, a charade that has promoted intolerance and hate of those who dare not conform.

The SFA have made it a charade, allowed and encouraged the most perverse displays
noun
noun: charade; plural noun: charades

• an absurd pretence intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance. "talk of unity was nothing more than a charade"
    synonyms: farce, pantomime, travesty, mockery, parody, pretence, act, masquerade, sham, fake, false display, show, front, façade;

Last edited:
I listened to an interview this morning on LBC that left me gobsmacked...they were discussing the Man United player, Matic, and his refusal to wear the poppy. They had, on the phone a former Major who was in the army during the conflict in Kosovo. Matics reason for not wearing the poppy is that when he was 12 years old, NATO bombed his village. For this reason he doesn't want to wear it. Now what the former Major said left me so angry, he said, and I'm paraphrasing here "I understand why he won't wear it, but I don't agree with him. At the time we (NATO) bombed his village we were pushing back the Serbs who were, at the time committing war crimes against the Albanians. I would like to ask Matic does he not agree with what we were doing...if he doesn't I'd like to ask him why he choses to stay in the UK taking tax payers money"....so basically a Major in the British army is telling a 12 year old boy, who knows fuck all about what's going on around him, that the Brits along with NATO carpet bombed his village and he should be grateful for it. It's unbelievable.

Its interesting to think that it was Gavrilo Princip the Serb Nationalist who Killed the Austro-Hungarian Empires Archduke Franz Ferdinand that kicked off the world war 1. Next Matic will be asked to apologise for his Country starting the WW1. The poppy thing is getting sinister in my opinion if they are bringing Army men onto TV and radio to encourage people to wear the friggin thing.

Exactly how does wearing a badge commemorate the dead anyway?

Whats next wave a Union jack day. Everybody must wave a Union jack for 10 minutes once a year in honour of all the people we killed for no good reason. Its starting to sound like something out of monty python.

In todays news..... and now for something completely different, Major Tom says if you dont wave the union flag for all the people we killed for no good reason then your a very very bad person.

Its interesting to think that it was Gavrilo Princip the Serb Nationalist who Killed the Austro-Hungarian Empires Archduke Franz Ferdinand that kicked off the world war 1. Next Matic will be asked to apologise for his Country starting the WW1. The poppy thing is getting sinister in my opinion if they are bringing Army men onto TV and radio to encourage people to wear the friggin thing.

Exactly how does wearing a badge commemorate the dead anyway?

Whats next wave a Union jack day. Everybody must wave a Union jack for 10 minutes once a year in honour of all the people we killed for no good reason. Its starting to sound like something out of monty python.

In todays news..... and now for something completely different, Major Tom says if you dont wave the union flag for all the people we killed for no good reason then your a very very bad person.
That's exactly how the interview went. "I agree that people shouldn't be forced to wear a poppy but if they don't then they must be terrorist sympathizers and should fuck off out my country"

With James McLean being cited by the English FA over his recent comments things are moving in to uncharted territory.

Should James McLean be sanctioned for his beliefs which I think is a definite proposition I can see this issue escalating significantly which may just be the intent of the exercise.

If free speech and free will are to be attacked then we should all beware where things are heading.

Be very aware. This is about a lot more than the wearing or not wearing of a poppy.

I am James McLean

james mcClean outing the the poppy fascists,neil lennon calling like it is, can we get a petition supporting james's stand in this so called fucking democracy of ours,it reminds me of the black power salute at the mexico olympics in 1968,and those two athletes were ostracised, don't let the same thing happen to lenny and james HH

james mcClean outing the the poppy fascists,neil lennon calling like it is, can we get a petition supporting james's stand in this so called fucking democracy of ours,it reminds me of the black power salute at the mexico olympics in 1968,and those two athletes were ostracised, don't let the same thing happen to lenny and james HH[/QUOTE

Let's wait and see where things are going would be my call at present. Let them show their hand

I personally have no problem with anyone wearing a poppy although i never will.

I cant wear a symbol of the killers that killed my ancesters and their people. That would be sick.

Yes my grandfathers fought in ww2. Both came home. Whilst the ones that use the poppy as a burch to whip us with were too yellow bellied to go to war and subsequently their grandchildren have no problem robbing the charity of the soldiers. See the hypocrisy.

For those that wear that symbol purely to commemorate in a dignified way should make them humble to the loss that was great. Not using it to pointscore against people like me who had both grandfathers fighting in the wars.

I have no issue with people wearing their poppy for the right reasons and i won’t ever be beaten into wearing a symbol that caused war on people like me either.
That is the whole thing Maria, folk don't really care about the dead of the two WW's, it's a moronic, game of one-upmanship played by cretins. My old man was in the RN for 35 years, his father was in the merchant navy and his uncle was in both, I myself worked for the MOD for 3 yrs, I don't wear a poppy cos I don't like being dictated to.

Do British people have a minutes silence for the German and Russian Soldiers who were sent to their death at Stalingrad by their lunatic governments, albeit Russia at time was Allied, but not for long.

All souls day could be a better day where all faiths pray for all people who are dead, not just soldiers.

I hadnt read about WW1 since school. I read a book on it recently. I always thought that Britain lost just as many people as thge germans and the french since we all have similar popualtions.

I was really shocked to realise that UK losses in WW1 although far too many was so small in comparison to the german and french people and the Russians lost that many they had a revolution before the war ended.

Im sure poppy day was meant to be about ww1 only.

All death is awful but the way those men in world war 1 were commnaded to walk into modern machine gun and massive artilery over and over by snobbish idiotic high command like it was more brave to walk into certain death is beyond me. These high command and government officials should have been executed after the war was finsihed for gross missconduct.

But like always the real psychos get bigger bank balances and the poor get dead for their nutty games.

I suspect poppy day is there to distract people from ever noticing who benefits from war and who pays the biggest toll.

I have no problem with people who wear the poppy. I dont see why they should have problem with me if I dont. I pray for all dead in my own way in my own style.

I dont even like the flower assuming thats what the poppy is. It means death to me, death in the name of empire.

people being killed in war all war everywhere is awful. I pray for the repose of all souls in my own way. And the poppy means nothing to me except superficial false remembrance. Pharisee remembrance
The French population declined significantly after WWI, the losses suffered by the French and Germans at Verdun were horrific. The Germans really did bleed to white the French army so much some units mutinied.
The Germans lost horrificaly as well in doing so. WWI were a slaughter that were unimaginable beforehand. The war would be over by Xmas 1914 was believed.

Reactions: TET
During the Crimean war the dead on all sides were gathered up and their bodies ground to pulp then used as fertilizer. Not for them the well maintained war cemeteries. The capitalists making even more money from the death of working class people. Now we have poppy 'merchandise'. Teddy bears, scarves, mugs and countless other items of tat. What's the common denominator? Yep, the money men. So, until we go back to the original silent, respectful reflection, they can take all their fucking bling and shove it up their diamond studded arse and fuck right off!

Back