We Live In Special Times

When i was younger (still now even) i wished i was born earlier so that i could've been witness to see the Celtic side of the golden era winning the champions cup, another final few years later, regular semi finalists, real heavyweights of world football. Then came the Larsson era and the run to seville. I never thought I'd get to see us compete for a European final (we should've won). I thought that wouldn't be topped, but this Celtic? Unbelievable what this side have done, invincible season, breaking (our own) British undefeated run. A treble (when at that time we'd only managed two before) followed by a treble(only 2 clubs can claim similar success) and now a third treble in a row (no other club can claim such dominance, man city have only just become the first English club to ever complete a domestic treble..puts it in perspective). I could never have dreamed in my most wildest dreams of the success this Celtic side have delivered. Everything that couldve gone wrong went wrong , BR, dembele leaving on deadline day, AEK, Boyata, Griffiths the list goes on and on, we had 14 senior players out at one stage. It's miraculous and 100% outstanding. Most clubs would be on their knees broken ours just pull diamonds from nowhere Christie Ajer Bain. A club like no other has never been more true than today ?joy HH

When i was younger (still now even) i wished i was born earlier so that i could've been witness to see the Celtic side of the golden era winning the champions cup, another final few years later, regular semi finalists, real heavyweights of world football. Then came the Larsson era and the run to seville. I never thought I'd get to see us compete for a European final (we should've won). I thought that wouldn't be topped, but this Celtic? Unbelievable what this side have done, invincible season, breaking (our own) British undefeated run. A treble (when at that time we'd only managed two before) followed by a treble(only 2 clubs can claim similar success) and now a third treble in a row (no other club can claim such dominance, man city have only just become the first English club to ever complete a domestic treble..puts it in perspective). I could never have dreamed in my most wildest dreams of the success this Celtic side have delivered. Everything that couldve gone wrong went wrong , BR, dembele leaving on deadline day, AEK, Boyata, Griffiths the list goes on and on, we had 14 senior players out at one stage. It's miraculous and 100% outstanding. Most clubs would be on their knees broken ours just pull diamonds from nowhere Christie Ajer Bain. A club like no other has never been more true than today ?joy HH
feckin brilliant Winter Hail Hail!

NL has a way better European Record than BR. He knows how to defend away from home in Europe, we took some hidings in Europe cos o BR and his tactics.
Rich

Let’s not get carried away. The football played by Lenny’s last team was shit to watch also at the end. He needs to step up as much as the board. He also needs to get better tactics and bring in good players. He’s the cheap option as was always going to be the case. He isn’t my first choice or even second, but let’s not start rewriting how things were. He has a lot of convincing to do for a lot of us.

Hopefully more Tony Watt type moments to come now ?We were like lambs to the slaughter under Brendan in Europe.
Tbf that game tony watt scored we hardly touched the ba' all night I'm sure that night Celtic set a new record (someone can correct me if wrong) of the least possession of the ball in a European game and still won. That Barcelona side were as awesome as any side I've seen since.

Tbf that game tony watt scored we hardly touched the ba' all night I'm sure that night Celtic set a new record (someone can correct me if wrong) of the least possession of the ball in a European game and still won. That Barcelona side were as awesome as any side I've seen since.
Winter - there was a lot of nonsense spouted in the media the following day slagging off Celtic for having the lowest % possession ever. I remember 11% being thrown in our face. Yet UEFA's official report has us at 27% possession (see below) which ties in with the stats that periodically flashed up on the big screen in the ground. I'm guessing there was one of these on-screen tv stats of % possession for the last 10 minutes which had Barca at 89% and people have just gone with that without watching the whole game.

The most remarkable thing about that game was we had 4 big players out injured and Barca should have had 2 sent off - a shocking studs up foul into Samaras' upper thigh and a professional foul by Mascharino to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity (glad they never went off or that would have been the only reason for us winning).
20190527_072936.jpg

Winter - there was a lot of nonsense spouted in the media the following day slagging off Celtic for having the lowest % possession ever. I remember 11% being thrown in our face. Yet UEFA's official report has us at 27% possession (see below) which ties in with the stats that periodically flashed up on the big screen in the ground. I'm guessing there was one of these on-screen tv stats of % possession for the last 10 minutes which had Barca at 89% and people have just gone with that without watching the whole game.

The most remarkable thing about that game was we had 4 big players out injured and Barca should have had 2 sent off - a shocking studs up foul into Samaras' upper thigh and a professional foul by Mascharino to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity (glad they never went off or that would have been the only reason for us winning).
View attachment 2929

Big Sammy, Had legs like a cross between baby bambi finding its feet and spaghetti but was lethal more often than not ??

Don't think i've ever seen a side as good as them in my time Winter,remember they had chance after chance ,think xavi called Forster the yellow wall after it ?The guy i work with said he's never experienced a better atmosphere at Parkhead than that night.HH mate

Don't think i've ever seen a side as good as them in my time Winter,remember they had chance after chance ,think xavi called Forster the yellow wall after it ?The guy i work with said he's never experienced a better atmosphere at Parkhead than that night.HH mate
I remember getting on the bus in a daze (and I was sober as had to drive afterwards) and someone said "The greatest team in the world just got beat by the greatest club in the world" - summed it up perfectly!

Let’s not get carried away. The football played by Lenny’s last team was shit to watch also at the end. He needs to step up as much as the board. He also needs to get better tactics and bring in good players. He’s the cheap option as was always going to be the case. He isn’t my first choice or even second, but let’s not start rewriting how things were. He has a lot of convincing to do for a lot of us.

He only needs to convince me for two seasons. Secure the TEN, and he can retire an utter legend.

The Barca victory was his finest moment. He set up a team capable of thwarting Mesis and Xavi, a Barca side unbeaten in every competition until they rolled up to Paradise.

If Rodgers had pulled that off, there would have petitions for statues of him.

The fact so many under-rate NFL may be his greatest advantage going into the hotseat.

He only needs to convince me for two seasons. Secure the TEN, and he can retire an utter legend.

The Barca victory was his finest moment. He set up a team capable of thwarting Mesis and Xavi, a Barca side unbeaten in every competition until they rolled up to Paradise.

If Rodgers had pulled that off, there would have petitions for statues of him.

The fact so many under-rate NFL may be his greatest advantage going into the hotseat.
I don't deal in Maybe's. Maybes if Hendry hadn't been bought we would be in the CL last season.

Its the cheap option by a cheap board who are going cheap yet again. Trying to make it look better by looking back to the Barca game is playing into the boards hands. Why don't we try and resurrect big Jock and we can win the fucking thing. The news coming ut that we are only two or three payers short by Lennon and Lawell should put the fear of Zeus into everyones heart.

I don't deal in Maybe's. Maybes if Hendry hadn't been bought we would be in the CL last season.

Its the cheap option by a cheap board who are going cheap yet again. Trying to make it look better by looking back to the Barca game is playing into the boards hands. Why don't we try and resurrect big Jock and we can win the fucking thing. The news coming ut that we are only two or three payers short by Lennon and Lawell should put the fear of Zeus into everyones heart.
where you reading about the two or three players from

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back