We must change the midfield

CelticForever

Our midfield are pedestrian and negative. We play side-side or backwards and we’re far, far too slow in making the killer forward pass. Case in point was our goal when we released Frimpong early.
The huns are much more mobile and Lennon seems to have learned nothing since December when they tore us apart.
Give Turnbull a go and let’s see what Soro’s all about.

We don't need a defensive midfielder when we play 3 at the back in domestic games or in European games when we will dominate possession. Last night we had three centre halves and Brown passing the ball side to side, occasionally backwards, and pointing a lot. With a back 3 we need a playmaker sitting deep to take the ball and quickly move it forward and/or wide, or if the space opens up drive forward. He should have six players ahead of him, six options to pass to and shouldn't be turning back and playing tippy happy sideways passes with the centre halves.
McGregor is the obvious choice to play there with any two from Ntcham, Christie, Turnbull and Elyounoussi ahead of him.
We have very good, at domestic level at least, midfielders who should be far better than they currently are. The problem is obvious but the manager won't address it.

We don't need a defensive midfielder when we play 3 at the back in domestic games or in European games when we will dominate possession. Last night we had three centre halves and Brown passing the ball side to side, occasionally backwards, and pointing a lot. With a back 3 we need a playmaker sitting deep to take the ball and quickly move it forward and/or wide, or if the space opens up drive forward. He should have six players ahead of him, six options to pass to and shouldn't be turning back and playing tippy happy sideways passes with the centre halves.
McGregor is the obvious choice to play there with any two from Ntcham, Christie, Turnbull and Elyounoussi ahead of him.
We have very good, at domestic level at least, midfielders who should be far better than they currently are. The problem is obvious but the manager won't address it.
Yep - can’t argue with any of that

Chill mofos.....we were in the very same predicament as last year then we caught fire

I'm gonna dig out a thread
Last year is history. This year, we are predictable and slow, whereas the huns have improved and are quick and hungry. Our manager is about to be challenged properly domestically, since 2012 and let’s all hope he’s up to it

Last year is history. This year, we are predictable and slow, whereas the huns have improved and are quick and hungry. Our manager is about to be challenged properly domestically, since 2012 and let’s all hope he’s up to it
Never impressed me against the Hibees last week ,bang average in my opinion.Still think we'll be too much for them over the course of the season .Agree about them improving but could they have been any worse?

I agree with most of wots being said
We are slow,predictable,and dont have a
midfielder who takes responsibility to make things happen.the ball must move forward quicker from defence to forwards if you watch teams that sit back against us are happy to let our defence and Broonie have the ball as
they know 9/10 nothing comes from it.Also wingback Taylor and Forrest offer nothing going forward and are happy to pass square or back rather than make things happen,we must have more movement from forwards to
make space and allow midfield to be more positive in attack,when Frimpong and Ajeti came on there movement and urgency caused problems for defence
Let's give Connel chance as left wingback Frimpong on right side both attacking to byeline cutting ball back and Turnbull who goes from box to box and Soro sitting in front of back three
Also these 4 players will bring much needed Hunger and aggression back into team

Calmac needs to be further up the pitch, not wasted sitting back, he can play killer balls around the box but not if hes getting it in midfield.

We still need a defensive midfielder, but one who is technically better at passing forward. Step forward wee Soro, who can also dribble. Turnbull also needs a chance. He is strong and technically excellent. Calmac needs pushed up a bit to create havoc. I would also put in Luca at LB, strong, fast and can cross the ball, missing the defender more often than Taylor's 1 in 478. With him on one side, the Mighty Frimpong on the other, Eddy and Griff leading the line, Turnbull Soro, Calmac and Christie, Duffy and Julien. Thats the fucking team. Bring on subs, from Ntcham, Brown, Rogic, Ajeiti, Dembelle, Forres, Ajer, Mickey when fit. Also introduce them with ample time to make an impact, and depending on who lifts their game, they stay in or park their arse again. The team I picked there would be under the same rules. you have your chance, show I was right, or your'e back on the bench, with no cunt to blame but yourself. Everyone of our subs would walk into any team in the league, including they overhyped wankers. Use them for fuck sake Lenny and drop those who aren't up to speed. Your neck and our season are too important for the old fucking pals act.

Midfield of rogic calmac and Christie. Easy. Why is it not obvious to everyone else 🙂
The same line up that tore the league to shreds a couple of years ago when Broony was out. Fantastic slick passing at a high tempo! Unfortunately Rogic has barely kicked a ball for us since he got injured yet again playing for Australia. Plus it seems to take him so much longer to get fit again after injury, compared to every other player. I hope he gets fit soon as he is a true match winner and has the ability to unlock stubborn defences.

Guys we're not a happy bunch regarding recent displays but having slept on it I've become more relaxed.
Our team has players who have won many trophies. "sevco zero". Our squad is awesome other than LB. Look at our bench on any match day. Class. All we have to do is find our best 11. The filth can only dream about a squad like ours. We will prevail 🍀

Best news I've seen all week is that Brown and Forrest are injured
I like both players but it'll free up the midfield
I think O.N. will be better with out Brown and the midfield will be faster with the ball.
Big Bonner hit the nail on the head the other night on the BBC
Brown speed has gone he's getting caught more often and can't make the ground up so has to foul
As much as it pains me to say it I think Ryan Kent will outpace him this time round.

Best news I've seen all week is that Brown and Forrest are injured
I like both players but it'll free up the midfield
I think O.N. will be better with out Brown and the midfield will be faster with the ball.
Big Bonner hit the nail on the head the other night on the BBC
Brown speed has gone he's getting caught more often and can't make the ground up so has to foul
As much as it pains me to say it I think Ryan Kent will outpace him this time round.
Big chance for other players to stake a place for permanent inclusion, season might hinge on who comes in, turnbull or Soro and how well they/the team do, frimpong should always start, the difference in attacking is unbelievable.....

Members online

Latest posts

Back