We must change the midfield

Our midfield are pedestrian and negative. We play side-side or backwards and we’re far, far too slow in making the killer forward pass. Case in point was our goal when we released Frimpong early.
The huns are much more mobile and Lennon seems to have learned nothing since December when they tore us apart.
Give Turnbull a go and let’s see what Soro’s all about.
Been saying turnbull shud get a game for broony but many on said NO CANNY DROP BROONY!!! I say why not hes slowing the play down too much wee turnbull can play his role and burst forward way the ball way some purpose wee callum canny do it awe himself

Been saying turnbull shud get a game for broony but many on said NO CANNY DROP BROONY!!! I say why not hes slowing the play down too much wee turnbull can play his role and burst forward way the ball way some purpose wee callum canny do it awe himself
Sorry Cairnsy but many on here did not shout that we can't drop Broony. The vast majority agree that he should not be playing every game and most agree that Turnbull should be playing.

Never impressed me against the Hibees last week ,bang average in my opinion.Still think we'll be too much for them over the course of the season .Agree about them improving but could they have been any worse?
The problem is that, average as the huns are, they are still getting wins and they will be up for trying to beat us (despite the religious hatred their fans have for a number of their players and manager) and we persist in slowly passing sideways and backwards. Maybe I am wrong though and this sideways passing is a ruse to fool the hun and the thunder will crash around sevco's goal on 17th October.

The problem is that, average as the huns are, they are still getting wins and they will be up for trying to beat us (despite the religious hatred their fans have for a number of their players and manager) and we persist in slowly passing sideways and backwards. Maybe I am wrong though and this sideways passing is a ruse to fool the hun and the thunder will crash around sevco's goal on 17th October.
Been thinking that myself just hoping for a warm up beforehand starting tomorrow with the hibbes

This biggest worry is that 'the Rangers' have started well, the first game at ibrox last season they had a lot of the ball and on a different day could have beaten us. The cup final we got lucky with a 1-0 win. The final game at celtic park they finally beat us, Slippy had Lenny's card marked in two of the games and the way they press against us wears us down. No matter how average they are they will give everything to beat us and with our performances can we expect our players to win the battle before the war?

The midfield is a big issue, people say Broony is a defensive midfielder but I personally disagree the holding midfielder to me is a makelele or Didier Deschamps etc.. Broony still finds himself more often than not far up the park trying to help with the attack, a lot of the time our defence are so far from the midfield when we lose the ball, example being Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros when we have one centre back whilst the rest are pushing over the half way line.

If we are going to play 3-5-2 then we need a proper holding midfielder who can sit in the space and read the game when we don't have the ball, someone to offer support to the CB's

Going forward we do the same thing every time and expect different results, we head down the wings looking for a cross into the box, we don't have a target man who puts a head on it and most of our guys are outside the 6 yard box and are behind a line of 6 defenders, the same for corners and free kicks, until duffy arrived we are largely ineffective at these set pieces and crossing the ball.

On the basis of the way lennon has the team playing and the way he seems to have set it up and also on form of the players right now my team would be :

Barkas
Bitton Duffy Ajer/Jullien
Rwb: Frimpong Cm: Mcgregor Dm Soro Cm: Turnbull LM:Christie
Cam/SS :Elyonoussi
S: Ajeti

What do you guys think about that, surely if we are buying players we need to bed them in asap as there is no reserve league and Brown won't be able to play forever so the midfield needs to be changed now to find out the best personnel for the system.

This biggest worry is that 'the Rangers' have started well, the first game at ibrox last season they had a lot of the ball and on a different day could have beaten us. The cup final we got lucky with a 1-0 win. The final game at celtic park they finally beat us, Slippy had Lenny's card marked in two of the games and the way they press against us wears us down. No matter how average they are they will give everything to beat us and with our performances can we expect our players to win the battle before the war?

The midfield is a big issue, people say Broony is a defensive midfielder but I personally disagree the holding midfielder to me is a makelele or Didier Deschamps etc.. Broony still finds himself more often than not far up the park trying to help with the attack, a lot of the time our defence are so far from the midfield when we lose the ball, example being Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros when we have one centre back whilst the rest are pushing over the half way line.

If we are going to play 3-5-2 then we need a proper holding midfielder who can sit in the space and read the game when we don't have the ball, someone to offer support to the CB's

Going forward we do the same thing every time and expect different results, we head down the wings looking for a cross into the box, we don't have a target man who puts a head on it and most of our guys are outside the 6 yard box and are behind a line of 6 defenders, the same for corners and free kicks, until duffy arrived we are largely ineffective at these set pieces and crossing the ball.

On the basis of the way lennon has the team playing and the way he seems to have set it up and also on form of the players right now my team would be :

Barkas
Bitton Duffy Ajer/Jullien
Rwb: Frimpong Cm: Mcgregor Dm Soro Cm: Turnbull LM:Christie
Cam/SS :Elyonoussi
S: Ajeti

What do you guys think about that, surely if we are buying players we need to bed them in asap as there is no reserve league and Brown won't be able to play forever so the midfield needs to be changed now to find out the best personnel for the system.
We were far to predictable last season as the high press was forcing us to go long which was far to easy for there back 4 to mop up. Now the way we are playing with the 352 and the slow build up will be even easier for them to break down, but if and when we get it right it should allow us to go hard and fast at there back line for which I believe would tear them to pieces. Hope for the practice run tomorrow and give them fucks really something to worry about

I think if we get into their face early on we'll have them
The Sevco back line isn't great under pressure they'll leak goals
Ryan Kent is their best player by a country mile
Big Duffy needs to get him in the first couple of minutes and put him in his place.
Look at the difference when French Eddie stuck the ball at their corner flag from kick off
We pinned them back from the start and worried them.
When we say back at let them come at us it dented our confidence and they thought they could beat us.
They shouldn't worry us problem for us is we've lost to worse teams than them
These days there seems to be 2 Celtics
1 looks like world beaters takes any team on scores goals, plays fast football and passes it about.
2 looks like they've just met on the bus and don't know each other and can't be added.

Problem.is you don't know which will turn up.

IIRC Sevco 2012 started last season looking hungry and fast till Santa came down the chimney .
I have an idea Kent is bursting a gut just now in the hope of a move in this window and we may see a dramatic dip in his form when the window shuts .

All can't be rosy over Ibrokes way despite the LL great attempts to convince the world they are .

The trouble I think we have just now is we cannot seem to find a settled side or shape and for me the team always looks unbalanced .Try and get as many players playing in their natural positions as we can
and I think we may improve the balance .
I don't think Lenny will bring any fringe players into the game today ,think he will continue to rotate from the group of players used so far .

Hope those players are up for today and on their game because I fully expect Hibs to give us a game today
COYBIG

Sorry Cairnsy but many on here did not shout that we can't drop Broony. The vast majority agree that he should not be playing every game and most agree that Turnbull should be playing.
There was enough people saying we canny drop him ur taking my point too literally may have used wrong wording but people on this board said we shud play broony as a midfield sweeper others said he wid prove everyone wrong again hes vital to us I agree hes vital to our squad mindset but he disnae need to be on the pitch to be an influence hes our captain hes vital to us having a winners mindset but I think it's time for change on the pitch I'm sick of buying midfielders and wingers who don't get a chance to show what/if they're any good im not saying broony shud be on scrap heap but the way I just want us to use our squad better heres hoping for a good result today HAIL HAIL

That was better today all round a brighter performance from everyone well chuffed way that today hope the injuries aren't too bad good to see turnbull getting 45 mins wee frompongs bloody brilliant hes so positive its infectious that performance today was needed now hopefully we settle into a rhythm and soldier on into the new year in a good nick AWE THE BEST TROOPS HAIL HAIL

Members online

Latest posts

Back