We need to talk about Broony

Lubo, would probably be Sincy. And go with the Prestwick Flyer as our one out and out winger. Let young Christie push up to support Eddy.

Some midfield pool we're developing now - Broon, Calmac, Christie, Forrest, Rogic, Ntcham; interchangeable qualities in there too.

A lot of people are saying what I was thinking earlier but I shat out of starting a thread about it! Broony has been great and still is great. When we need a boot there's no one better to lift both the team and the crowd. That said, we are demonstrably slower when he plays, so my idea, such as it is, is to rotate him, calmac, Ollie and christie for the rest of this season then for next, if he wants, he could go and earn a life hanging amount of moolah in Oz, states, China, wherever for a season then come back on a semi-retired basis while he gets his coaching badges to take over as general manager while BR moves into a DOF role.
Maybe, I don't know and haven't really thought it through but something along those lines, any thoughts? (other than, you're still pished from last night Theta!)

The season is very long and while it's true we have been surprisingly good and the offence flows better since he went down, let's not forget he's our captain for a reason and he has been a starter for many years now, including the last two seasons in which you might have heard we didn't do too poorly.

Maybe at this point he needs to sit on the bench for a game or two, but when he's fit he'll end up playing and performing well. Guy's a beast and has saved our midfield from a beating countless times now. He probably still has this season and the next one in him (at a starting XI level, I mean. Hope he stays even longer than that and lifts the ten.)

Haha, my fun lovin bhoys love yer work and yeez are well safe. Dipsticks, i love my Celtic family wit are yeez like.

Lots of good comments.

I am broony all the way and i m so excited for the future the way calmac forrest christie tierney et all have been doing lately.

Its easy to see why the comments are arising.

I would defer to the length of a season, the injury lists and the downright dirty teams we play a good few times a year.

Calmac is showing skills like the sandman said and can track back. But we need consistency. Im sure he could bring that in time.

Broony is our backbone.

Another interesting point was broony in the middle of our 2 midfielders which can slow play.

What about broony sitting deeper than say calmac n christie?

Also there is definitley games you need broony.

So many options becoming highlighted, fk me remember the panic we used to have if broony was out or tbf any of our first team because other players development or cover couldnt bring it nor can be expected to right off the bat.

We are strong again, our players are flying in confidence and belief and are playing for fun.

Lets stop worrying about what will be BR’s judgement and enjoy the show our bhoys are giving us.

Oh n weedoc get back to you “thats the way uh huh i like it... uh huh”

Lovin it bhoys ????

Haha, my fun lovin bhoys love yer work and yeez are well safe. Dipsticks, i love my Celtic family wit are yeez like.

Lots of good comments.

I am broony all the way and i m so excited for the future the way calmac forrest christie tierney et all have been doing lately.

Its easy to see why the comments are arising.

I would defer to the length of a season, the injury lists and the downright dirty teams we play a good few times a year.

Calmac is showing skills like the sandman said and can track back. But we need consistency. Im sure he could bring that in time.

Broony is our backbone.

Another interesting point was broony in the middle of our 2 midfielders which can slow play.

What about broony sitting deeper than say calmac n christie?

Also there is definitley games you need broony.

So many options becoming highlighted, fk me remember the panic we used to have if broony was out or tbf any of our first team because other players development or cover couldnt bring it nor can be expected to right off the bat.

We are strong again, our players are flying in confidence and belief and are playing for fun.

Lets stop worrying about what will be BR’s judgement and enjoy the show our bhoys are giving us.

Oh n weedoc get back to you “thats the way uh huh i like it... uh huh”

Lovin it bhoys ????

That wasn't so bad tic!!! I was hiding under my bed waiting on Maria's reply ????

Broony still has plenty in the tank. He's injured, he hasn't suddenly aged a few years over the last couple of weeks! I think he may well find it more difficult fighting for a place in a midfield that's currently purring but I wouldn't count him out or question any decisions to put him straight back in.

I agree Broony will never be the iconic figure big Billy is but he is up there with him in terms of giving his all for us and leading from the front

Is he a Celtic Legend? Abso-fuckin-lutely 100%!

Is he up there with Cesar? In terms of trophies won? No. However he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath, as one of Celtic's Greatest Ever club Captains alongside Billy.

I am not saying he should go now all I am saying is this would be a good starting point for a transition towards less back to back games . I would however still have is name first on the team sheet for our next trip to Ibroke if he is 100% fit his leadership there will be vital

Unfortunately I'm not old enough to have witnessed Billy...I'm not for 1 second saying that both men are equal in their legendary status...of course no one will ever get near McNeil...but i have been lucky enough to witness Brown. And I shall, in 20 years time, talk about Scott brown to my girls in the same way my dad talks about Billy to me. Both legends. In different ways. ??
Im no old enough either
Unfortunately I'm not old enough to have witnessed Billy...I'm not for 1 second saying that both men are equal in their legendary status...of course no one will ever get near McNeil...but i have been lucky enough to witness Brown. And I shall, in 20 years time, talk about Scott brown to my girls in the same way my dad talks about Billy to me. Both legends. In different ways. ??
Do you all think am a hard ass? I think im quite sweet ?
Hard as nails !?

A lot of people are saying what I was thinking earlier but I shat out of starting a thread about it! Broony has been great and still is great. When we need a boot there's no one better to lift both the team and the crowd. That said, we are demonstrably slower when he plays, so my idea, such as it is, is to rotate him, calmac, Ollie and christie for the rest of this season then for next, if he wants, he could go and earn a life hanging amount of moolah in Oz, states, China, wherever for a season then come back on a semi-retired basis while he gets his coaching badges to take over as general manager while BR moves into a DOF role.
Maybe, I don't know and haven't really thought it through but something along those lines, any thoughts? (other than, you're still pished from last night Theta!)
I started a thread when this forum started basically saying I wouldn't give him a new contract. Popular as a shite in a swimming pool.??? I stick by it.....see this contract oot and go and learn management somewhere else or get a big payday in china

Members online

Latest posts

Back