We should take no tickets for Ibrox: some reasons why

James had an article on this either today or yesterday. Had my own thoughts before then which amounted to the same gut instinct: we shouldn’t go. I know the reasons for going don’t get me wrong. Supporting the team is vital, however, I see trouble at that particular fixture and one of the key benefits of not going would be that our fans would escape blame for any of the aforementioned trouble.

Now the game may pass without incident. It’s possible. It’s also possible it won’t and how will that impact upon 800 celebrating hoops fans? I think we can all speculate on that. One thing it will not involve is maximum safety, nor fair scrutiny of the events in any aftermath. I get people want to go and why, in fact in a safe venue I would love to go and be the small band of Celtic sanity in that place. But nowadays? I don’t think so, plus Celtic’s reputation is paramount to me. If it’s only the cream buns there it means ALL shame lands (rightly) at their door. That would not only be justified it would also be long overdue.

What do people think? No right answer here but comments welcome.

BHH

No way should we go, this season the huns are behaving worse than ever in football stadiums with thrown objects etc and fighting around Ibrokes before and after games.

Beat them on the pitch, the zombies will do walking away long before the final whistle and no trouble .

And for goodness sake do not go out in colours that night, if your watching in the pub get home safe and changed if out for the night

It's not the same for us as it is for them in paradise, got knuckledraggers above
on both sides! If our players can't take corners n throw-ins without coins n batteries being rained down on them, it's obvious what's going to happen! Stay safe everone that goes!!!

800 huns (its not an offensive term) at Parkhead know the stewarding is tight, you can't fart green gas bar there's a cop's camera recording. But at Ipox different matter. We watched the last two seasons as all sorts have been thrown on the pitch at players. Can you imagine 800 fans celebrating in the poxy corner. Other teams have had safety problems over the last few years, being attacked on way out and outside. Police seem to be non existent at Ipox cause they cant afford them so you are left at the mercy of their fans with glow in the dark jackets. Fuck that.

Entry and egress is dangerously limited.

Will police be able to maintain segregation while keeping the Govan west corner ticket office available for home fans?

Is the egress route going to force celtic fans down broom loan road through indsutraila estate towards the clyde.

Are the urine samples from the Govan upper gantry going to be effectively policed?

Its a no go zone for me.

Avoid avoid avoid.

Its the worst place in the stadium for away fans to safely enter/exit.

The stewarding is done by blue noses sympathetic to Same club mantra.
The policing will be done with men sympathetic to Same club mantra.

And that industrial estate that I suspect egress will be directed is the hunting ground for casuals when Aberdeen Hibs Falkirk etc casuals meet up for square goes.

On top of that these said Casuals usually have no reason to be on the broom loan road when celtic come, 1 they normally are housed in broom loan. 2 the safety of numbers plus the coordinated police presence and deployment limit any threats.

The MSM will also fail to highlight the truth with objectivity if chaos happens and the whataboutery machine will make Celtic fans the problem.

Just don't go. Too much hassles all round and no guarantee of security or protection from the urine rain.

No way should we go, this season the huns are behaving worse than ever in football stadiums with thrown objects etc and fighting around Ibrokes before and after games.

Beat them on the pitch, the zombies will do walking away long before the final whistle and no trouble .

And for goodness sake do not go out in colours that night, if your watching in the pub get home safe and changed if out for the night

I realise that there are Celtic fans who Never miss a game home or away but going to Ibrokes as part of a reduced Celtic contingent would be a Seriously dangerous
situation

Sometimes we have to resist from doing what we want to do for the greater good
800 jubilant celibrating Celtic fans surrounded by 50000 rabid thugs is a nightmare scenario and a disaster in the making and paying these cheats £50 a head to make it a possibility is totally irrisponsible

I can't urge fellow Celtic fans not to buy tickets We can beat these cheats without a support 800 will make no difference

HH?

I think we all know the Celtic support will be there.

Therefore what I would like to see is a dedicated independent camera crew (or 2) commissioned by the Celtic Board at the game and also at large outwith the stadium with a roaming commission to record any violence and or sectarian/racist bile that emanates from the forces of darkness and for this initiative to be made public prior to the game.

It's time the world seen these people at their undignified, sectarian and violent best.

Entry and egress is dangerously limited.

Will police be able to maintain segregation while keeping the Govan west corner ticket office available for home fans?

Is the egress route going to force celtic fans down broom loan road through indsutraila estate towards the clyde.

Are the urine samples from the Govan upper gantry going to be effectively policed?

Its a no go zone for me.

Avoid avoid avoid.

Its the worst place in the stadium for away fans to safely enter/exit.

The stewarding is done by blue noses sympathetic to Same club mantra.
The policing will be done with men sympathetic to Same club mantra.

And that industrial estate that I suspect egress will be directed is the hunting ground for casuals when Aberdeen Hibs Falkirk etc casuals meet up for square goes.

On top of that these said Casuals usually have no reason to be on the broom loan road when celtic come, 1 they normally are housed in broom loan. 2 the safety of numbers plus the coordinated police presence and deployment limit any threats.

The MSM will also fail to highlight the truth with objectivity if chaos happens and the whataboutery machine will make Celtic fans the problem.

Just don't go. Too much hassles all round and no guarantee of security or protection from the urine rain.
Surely them that run ourClub , should tell Sevco,give the 800 tickets to there own supporters,it's to dangerous,and if any our supporters are seriously hurt ,God forbid,then as parents or a individual,then they could sue both clubs, anyway it's not all about money,it wouldn't bother me,if they scrapped the fixture,but there would be a lot of supporters unhappy,and think back when Sevco were in the lower divisions, Celtic shut the upper Lisbon lion's stand,with them not around,gave a lot of Celtic Supporters the excuse to ditch there season tickets,but I don't think all of the Celtic Supporters Association are doing much regarding this serious matter.

I would agree with this but you have to mindful of guys like Paul the Tim who want to go to every game. Who are we to deny them, but their safety is a huge concern for the game in December. D9CC9196-2089-4483-9B04-C7F168C516F6.jpeg

It seems strange these days when you can’t go to the toilet without a hard hat high viz jacket risk and method statement that this potential life threatening situation is being allowed Celtic should in my opinion take the decision out of the fans hands and tell sevco to ram the tickets

The board just commissioned high class sports safety consultants to independently review the recent debacle., hopefully to pinpoint precisely all that went wrong and then get fixes to ensure it never happens again .. a proper post Mortem if you will.
Quality businesses these days often carry out Pre Mortems .. before big events to model all worst case scenarios and put fixes in place in advance
If I were on the board , given the set up at Ibrox ie CFC fans surrounded before ,during and after , I would ask TRFC and the SFA for an independent review to be carried out in advance .
King will tell them to F off and the SFA will run for cover .. but at least put the ball firmly in their court.

If I got a ticket I would go. 800 sticking together as a unit leaving will be able to handle it. What are we saying, we are scared to go? Fuck that. Imagine us out singing them as we do them again. 800 will go. And we will win.

Members online

Latest posts

Back