Wee bit of Rat bashing

Good article, a few paragraphs that particularly resonate with me;

“At one point Celtic played more passes than any other team in Europe. Fans became infuriated because most were pointless square passes between centre backs or holding midfielders, boring the opposition into submission.”

Really hated the way he made the defence play 5 a side in our own penalty box, hoof it clear, let the midfield/attack scrap for it.....

“If Rodgers does achieve success at Leicester against all these odds, he’ll be down the M1 to the first London club that shows some cleavage.“

“Then in February 2019, Rodgers did a moonlight flit from Celtic on the eve of a tough away match against Hearts. He tried to take every member of the coaching and sports science staff with him. As a consequence, the third most successful Celtic manager of this century is now widely referred to by supporters as The Rat.”

when we do 10IAR wonder if he’ll have the balls to come up here and stand along with Lennon and Ronny Deila and take the “adulation“ of the fans.....

Was ragin at the time that he couldnt stay and finish the season but i wouldnt change a thing now.Think our football under Brendan became far too predictable and the passing out from the back just wasnt working anymore,teams had sussed us out.Say what you want but he was a great coach no doubt about that ,just ask our current manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was ragin at the time that he couldnt stay and finish the season but i wouldnt change a thing now.Think our football under Brendan became far too predictable and the passing out from the back just wasnt working anymore,teams had sussed us out.Say what you want but the was a great coach no doubt about that ,judt ask our current manager.
Totally agree with that post, see you can do "sensible" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Was ragin at the time that he couldnt stay and finish the season but i wouldnt change a thing now.Think our football under Brendan became far too predictable and the passing out from the back just wasnt working anymore,teams had sussed us out.Say what you want but he was a great coach no doubt about that ,just ask our current manager.

At least the club got a bag of money for him and the rest of the deserters

Lenny's team are a lot better to watch and you always have the feeling we at least have a chance in Europe.

Rodgers is a good coach. People rise to their level of incompetence, though, and he has too much ego not to be the top man wherever he goes.

If and when we do the 10, I'd have absolutely no issues with him coming to stand alongside Ronny and Lenny...sure it was underhanded what he did but you can't forget the success he brought bar our 2 worst defeats in Europe

If and when we do the 10, I'd have absolutely no issues with him coming to stand alongside Ronny and Lenny...sure it was underhanded what he did but you can't forget the success he brought bar our 2 worst defeats in Europe

father-ted-careful-now.gif

Unfortunately, you have to include him in the lineup of managers who brought us the 10, because he did contribute much, despite leaving under questionable circumstances. By the same token, if he is met with silence or disapproval by the fans -- frankly I hope he is deluged by the latter -- it is something he earned and deserves.

Back