Wee fun thread

StevieS

To try and make us smile again bhoys and Ghirls pick your best Celtic 11 in your lifetim (lifetim is so much better lol).

Mine IS 4/3/3..... BORUC.... MCGRAIN, TEIRNEY, ELLIOTT, MCNEILL (CAPTAIN) .... MCSTAY, AITKEN, DALGLISH.... MORAVCIK, JINKY, LARSSON.

Bonner, McGrain Van Dijk Elliot Tierney, Burns McStay McLeod Lennox, Moravcik, Larsson (4-4-1-1)

a couple of sentimental picks from my youth admittedly though Bonners clean sheet % is actually slightly better than Boruc. Lennox just in ahead of Dalglish for his pace as Larsson is my main striker of course plus Lennox was hugely committed to the club and Dalglish broke my heart and the transfer record as I recall £440k. (Although McNeill was still in the 1975 SCF I don't really remember him or Jinky at their best hence their omission)

To try and make us smile again bhoys and Ghirls pick your best Celtic 11 in your lifetim (lifetim is so much better lol).

Mine IS 4/3/3..... BORUC.... MCGRAIN, TEIRNEY, ELLIOTT, MCNEILL (CAPTAIN) .... MCSTAY, AITKEN, DALGLISH.... MORAVCIK, JINKY, LARSSON.
Bonner, McGrain Van Dijk Elliot Tierney, Burns McStay McLeod Lennox, Moravcik, Larsson (4-4-1-1)

a couple of sentimental picks from my youth admittedly though Bonners clean sheet % is actually slightly better than Boruc. Lennox just in ahead of Dalglish for his pace as Larsson is my main striker of course plus Lennox was hugely committed to the club and Dalglish broke my heart and the transfer record as I recall £440k. (Although McNeill was still in the 1975 SCF I don't really remember him or Jinky at their best hence their omission)

I’ve gone with the current formation for fun.

Boruc; McNamara, Elliott, Van Djik, Tierney; Lambert, Lennon; Forrest, McStay, Di Canio; Larsson

I’ve had to leave out Dalglish cos he was gone just before I can remember and McGrain because I don’t really remember him playing very well, I’m just a wee bit too young for them. Honourable mention for Bonner, and McAvennie who was by far my first Celtic heroes because of the Centenery season, but he’s just no Larsson.

Last edited:
I've gone with MON's 3-5-2 as a formation and picked only players I've seen live:

Bonner; Valgaeren, Van Dijk, Rieper; McNamara, Brown, Wanyama, Collins, Tierney; Larsson, Sutton.

Foster McGrain A. Thompson Van Dijk Aitken Collins Burns Lubo Dalglish Frances Albert McGarvey and Larsson (4 3 1 2 ish)....width comes from the full backs

Boruc , McGrain , Elliot , McNeil ,Van Dyke , Tierney , Dalgliesh , McStay , Lennox , Moravcik , Larrson. ( 5,3,1,1 ).

Members online

Latest posts

Back