IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Popped up to MDs and no reply at buzzer, neighbour from bottom flat came out and asked if I was needing a hand, said I was friend of the guy in Number and if he knew him and his werabouts if he was home. He said MD is in hospital went in couple of days ago, asked if it was by ambulance or a relative, he said ambulance.

So no idea what the script is and we will have to be patient, asked the neighbour to keep an eye on his door and let him know boab called he would know who it was, so no idea, just need to wait and keep fingers crossed that it maybe just something silly.

Thought everyone should know and I am sure MD will appreciate the genuine concern for him on the Noise HH
On behalf of the Noisey mob, thanks for that Boab, its a great gesture taking the time m8, not sure if its already been said, i've not read through it all yet.

Like the Father of the House, your a legend of this site too mate, a wee bit more cranky right enough but still (or is that Ian :rolleyes:)
Its a comfort to know that its not just a forum of faceless people giving it licks

Michael will be in our thoughts as he has these last few days, i've been mega busy but lurking on this topic as it was noticeable not waking up in the morning to notifications that MD had liked every post you wrote the day before while covering nights. The faither of house reads every word on here. He's feeds of it and i love that. He and one or two others were very kind to me when i joined and was getting the 'Docco' treatment. I'll always be grateful for that kindness. Its brings people round to you when the stalwart puts his arm around you in public.

But anyhow, its not a eulogy, i'm quite sure the father of the house will be back very shortly refereeing the next fight or dishing out the final say. I'm going to pour myself a pint of Stella and do my bit to keep that Brewery somewhere in Belgium ticking over in his abscence.

Football without the fans is nothing
This site without its contributors is nothing
MD like us all, is part of that community we cherish and give life

Popped up to MDs and no reply at buzzer, neighbour from bottom flat came out and asked if I was needing a hand, said I was friend of the guy in Number and if he knew him and his werabouts if he was home. He said MD is in hospital went in couple of days ago, asked if it was by ambulance or a relative, he said ambulance.

So no idea what the script is and we will have to be patient, asked the neighbour to keep an eye on his door and let him know boab called he would know who it was, so no idea, just need to wait and keep fingers crossed that it maybe just something silly.

Thought everyone should know and I am sure MD will appreciate the genuine concern for him on the Noise HH
Hi i’m MDs sister just to let you know MD not doing too well at the moment but will let you know how he gets on. All prayers welcome πŸ€πŸ€

Hi i’m MDs sister just to let you know MD not doing too well at the moment but will let you know how he gets on. All prayers welcome πŸ€πŸ€
Oh that isn't good to hear FED. As you can see there is a lot of love for your brother on here. We are all worried for him and sending love and prayers for Michael and for you and all your family. Hopefully he will be back on here sharing his fun, knowledge, wisdom and nonsense very soon.

Take care. πŸ’š

I thought to myself the other day that's a strange one haven't heard anything from micheal duffy in a day or so just had a feeling something wasn't right I'm sure everyone on the noise had the same feeling. Boab your concerns where we'll founded and it was your heart that bought you to micheals front door what a fantastic thing to do.I know hospitals at this time are a caotic place to be .but they say laughter is the best cure so I can't see them letting our micheal out any time soon.get well soon micheal duffy we need you to.

Thank you Fed for keeping us all updated on MD's condition at this very hard time for you and all your family.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you all and a speedy recovery for the godfather of the noise.
Sending you all best wishes from the celtic family in Ireland
HH and YNWA

Hi Fed, I just sent you a message on here with my e mail address, as I've been in touch via e mail with Michael since joining
He's THE MAN, no doubt about it, and he's kept us all going with his patter, and good humour, plus he knows what he's talking about, when it comes to life and Celtic
It's not often I'm speechless, as everyone knows on here, but what he did for my granddaughter was very, very, much appreciated, and for once, I was stunned into silence
As I said, he's some man, and as you can see with all the posts, he is LOVED on here
Tell him to get his arse back on, as we need him to keep the ship steady
Sending love and best wishes to Michael, and all of you

YNWA

Last edited:

Members online

Back