Well Being

Best to you Marky, if it's not thing, it's another
Hope you're feeling better
Best to you and your family
D
Things are looking more positive the cancer is in my bones and they do a blood count thing that's called ALP which measures Alkaline Phosphate in the bones (who knew). when I started the treatment my ALP was 375 my blood counts yesterday had it at 124 and the normal range is between 40-120 so not far off , the consultant was happy with the way things are going ,so if he's happy so am I

Things are looking more positive the cancer is in my bones and they do a blood count thing that's called ALP which measures Alkaline Phosphate in the bones (who knew). when I started the treatment my ALP was 375 my blood counts yesterday had it at 124 and the normal range is between 40-120 so not far off , the consultant was happy with the way things are going ,so if he's happy so am I
Good news (y)

A good bit of news is a great medicine 👍

It seems like several of our friends on here are going through a very tough time at the moment. There are far more important things in life than football, but it is the love of Celtic that is the glue that binds us together on here even though we come from very differing backgrounds, have different beliefs and have very different life experiences. Please don't let petty squabbles get out of hand as we don't know what hardship or heartache another poster may be currently experiencing.

I wish there were some magic words that could make everything well again but sadly there are not. Please remember that you are not on your own and there are plenty of people who are happy to help and support you when you feel at your lowest.

Send you my love and best wishes, particularly Stevie, Digger, Marky, etc, who are having a hard time of it just now. Remember the great memories. YNWA 💚

It seems like several of our friends on here are going through a very tough time at the moment. There are far more important things in life than football, but it is the love of Celtic that is the glue that binds us together on here even though we come from very differing backgrounds, have different beliefs and have very different life experiences. Please don't let petty squabbles get out of hand as we don't know what hardship or heartache another poster may be currently experiencing.

I wish there were some magic words that could make everything well again but sadly there are not. Please remember that you are not on your own and there are plenty of people who are happy to help and support you when you feel at your lowest.

Send you my love and best wishes, particularly Stevie, Digger, Marky, etc, who are having a hard time of it just now. Remember the great memories. YNWA 💚
Well said, and very true BBhoy
Life is indeed too short, and you never know what's round the corner

HH

Well said, and very true BBhoy
Life is indeed too short, and you never know what's round the corner

HH
I have just read too about Andy Goram is suffering from that horrible disease cancer. Now we all know of stories about his activities over the years, but I'm sure that the Celtic family will still wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery. Despite what we may think of him as a person I think we can all agree he was a brilliant keeper who broke our hearts on too many occasions. Good luck.

A mate of mine from AYrshire who I've known since 1980 is dealing with Parkinson's disease for the past 10 years or so
He came to visit me out of the blue when I had my open heart surgery in 2017 and we've reconnected and seen each other, quite a bit since
At Christmas, him and his wife were out in out wee town 'dog sitting' for a friend of theirs who took of for a holiday for two weeks
We arranged for Ron and I to grab a coffee in the town, and the day before, Mother nature saw fit to grace us with about 10" of snow
Next morning he phones me to say "Maybe we should cancel..."
I said "Get yer fuckin jaiket on I'm coming to pick you up
I arrive in 'Sporty' and he says "FFS !! I'll need a haun up into my seat !!"
We get to the Mall, the parking lot is empty as most people stayed home...not a bad thing
It was Baltic and windy, minus 17 and the parking lot was a sheet of ice...so, off we went, across the frozen tundra and held onto each other
It reminded me of jack & Victor from Still Game, the episode of the PermaGrip Soles:
What a day we had...auld Jack (him) and auld Victor (me) sitting reminiscing about our wild days, laughing our heads off, and wondering HTF we made it to our late 60's (me) and mid 70's (him)
Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend

HH
D

Last edited:
A mate of mine from AYrshire who I've known since 1980 is dealing with Parkinson's disease for the past 10 years or so
He came to visit me out of the blue when I had my open heart surgery in 2017 and we've reconnected and seen each other, quite a bit since
At Christmas, him and his wife were out in out wee town 'dog sitting' for a friend of theirs who took of for a holiday for two weeks
We arranged for Ron and I to grab a coffee in the town, and the day before, Mother nature saw fit to grace us with about 10" of snow
Next morning he phones me to say "Maybe we should cancel..."
I said "Get yer fuckin jaiket on I'm coming to pick you up
I arrive in 'Sporty' and he says "FFS !! I'll need a haun up into my seat !!"
We get to the Mall, the parking lot is empty as most people stayed home...not a bad thing
It was Baltic and windy, minus 17 and the parking lot was a sheet of ice...so, off we went, across the frozen tundra and held onto each other
It reminded me of jack & Victor from Still Game, the episode of the PermaGrip Soles:
What a day we had...auld Jack (him) and auld Victor (me) sitting reminiscing about our wild days, laughing our heads off, and wondering HTF we made it our late 60's (me) and mid 70's (him)
Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend

HH
D
The ayatollah of craiglang...

Imagine my displeasure. I have gone above and beyond, curtailed my life in order to look after the only father I'll have, and after his operation to remove half of his lung to save his life I find the fucking cunt smoking. Fucking raging with the fucking stupid cunt but he is my father so I, definitely, get to call him a fucking stupid cunt. It's like he doesn't care about my mum dying, he doesn't care about how he nearly lost his fucking life last year. I can't even.

I have calmed down. A lot. Our relationship is sound even if I couldn't feckin believe him! Sorry, anyway, I was thinking that this thread should maybe be pinned? As a lot of folk have really challenging issues arise in their lives and if we really are a family then we should look out for each other no? Your kind messages meant the absolute world to me when I was at my darkest and I think support like that should be on tap in this environment. Any thoughts?

I thought this thread was most appropriate for this post , as most of you know my old mum was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and managed to reach her 92nd birthday on the 11th August , alas mum's health went down hill rapidly after making this landmark and sadly she passed away on Monday morning surrounded by her family .

I thought this thread was most appropriate for this post , as most of you know my old mum was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and managed to reach her 92nd birthday on the 11th August , alas mum's health went down hill rapidly after making this landmark and sadly she passed away on Monday morning surrounded by her family .
Sad news marky and thoughts and prayers for all your family at this sad time
HH and YNWA

That is a shame Mark. It is good that she got one last birthday to share with her loving family. She is at rest now. Sending best wishes to you and the family. 💚

Condolences to you and your Family Marky
My thoughts are with you
You had a great last Birthday with your Mum and she was Surrounded by your love for her. May she rest in Peace

HH 🙏

I have calmed down. A lot. Our relationship is sound even if I couldn't feckin believe him! Sorry, anyway, I was thinking that this thread should maybe be pinned? As a lot of folk have really challenging issues arise in their lives and if we really are a family then we should look out for each other no? Your kind messages meant the absolute world to me when I was at my darkest and I think support like that should be on tap in this environment. Any thoughts?
Theta, I do have some idea what you’re going through having lost my dad to cancer a couple of years ago. I know this is an older post but you asked for thoughts. I think it would be a great idea if this could be a pinned post 💚

Members online

Latest posts

Back