Well Being

I'm not coping to well at the moment Marky....right this second, my dad is in the hospital having his prostate removed. The cancer was spreading to fast, and unfortunately due to several cancellations to his appointments over the last 2 years...the only option was to remove the prostate and hopefully remove all the cancer...we have to wait 6 weeks before finding out if surgeons got it all. He's, at the moment, 2 hours into a 4 hour op.....im tearing my hair out. The end of last year coming into this year has been utter hell for my family. I've never wanted to be back home so much. Just waiting for the call from my mum to tell me all went well......my dad's biggest worry was that he would miss the match tomorrow!!!! 😂
Oh no Lubo - your family is suffering bad just now. I hope the op goes well and your Dad makes a recovery. Best wishes, pal.

I'm not coping to well at the moment Marky....right this second, my dad is in the hospital having his prostate removed. The cancer was spreading to fast, and unfortunately due to several cancellations to his appointments over the last 2 years...the only option was to remove the prostate and hopefully remove all the cancer...we have to wait 6 weeks before finding out if surgeons got it all. He's, at the moment, 2 hours into a 4 hour op.....im tearing my hair out. The end of last year coming into this year has been utter hell for my family. I've never wanted to be back home so much. Just waiting for the call from my mum to tell me all went well......my dad's biggest worry was that he would miss the match tomorrow!!!! 😂
Look after yourself Lubo and hope all goes well with your Dad. Deffo in my thoughts bud. 🙏

HH 🙏

After all the positive feed back and Good wishes about my Cancer ,
I thought it might be a Good idea to have a well being thread that Bhoys and Ghirls can talk about any health issues
That may be worrying them or get reassurance by someone who maybe had gone through something similar .
I will kick off.
As some of you may know I was diagnosed with prostate Cancer 4 years ago and have undergone chemotherapy, radiotherapy ,
Radioactive implants and hormone treatment because I wasn't diagnosed quick enough
I would advise men over 50 to see their doctor and get a test ,initially it is a blood test then if the PSA number is High
Its a digital examination (nothing to do with technology )a Good old fashioned finger .
Don't be shy guys even if you have no symptoms its only 5 minutes .
Good thread idea Marky so get checking Noisers You take care and look after yourself hope everything goes well 🙏

HH 🙏

Just a wee update....First of all, thank you all for your kind words. My dad's surgery went well. He was back up in the ward by 9 o'clock last night. Spoke to him this morning and he was a bit groggy but doing well....he could see the scum pitch from his bed window....and in the far distance, from the ward window he could see paradise!!! With this in mind, and the doctors words of "once you're up and about we can think about getting you home to start your recovery"....he dragged his arse out of bed, away from the sight of the scum and shuffled to the end of the ward to take a picture of paradise. He sent me that photo.....he actually made himself walk up and down the ward today so that the doctor would sign his release papers so that he can get home tonight for the match!!! 🤣🤣 6 small holes in his stomach after having his prostate removed, a catheter and a shit load a pain killers will not stop him seeing the bhoys in green.....please Celtic....do it for my old man tonight 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Just a wee update....First of all, thank you all for your kind words. My dad's surgery went well. He was back up in the ward by 9 o'clock last night. Spoke to him this morning and he was a bit groggy but doing well....he could see the scum pitch from his bed window....and in the far distance, from the ward window he could see paradise!!! With this in mind, and the doctors words of "once you're up and about we can think about getting you home to start your recovery"....he dragged his arse out of bed, away from the sight of the scum and shuffled to the end of the ward to take a picture of paradise. He sent me that photo.....he actually made himself walk up and down the ward today so that the doctor would sign his release papers so that he can get home tonight for the match!!! 🤣🤣 6 small holes in his stomach after having his prostate removed, a catheter and a shit load a pain killers will not stop him seeing the bhoys in green.....please Celtic....do it for my old man tonight 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
That is excellent news Lubo. The bhoys will make sure we win tonight. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for him.

Last edited:
Brilliant news lubos, delighted for yourself and all the family
HH and YNWA

Cheers Lubo that just made Ma day

HH 💚💚🍀

Great news, just as Celtic Park comes into view from my bus.

H.H Lubo.

This is a great idea Marky, I recently lost my mother, I'm at that age, thing is my father has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, which is what my mum died of. His has been spotted early so I'm hopeful, but trying to deal with this shit is exhausting, and hold down a job? I'm struggling man. I'm sure everyone else has equal problems but it's nice to have somewhere like this to vent, no?

Brilliant news Lubo , a small step but a step in the right direction

Members online

Latest posts

Back