Well Being

What does it involve Marky ?
Hi Miktim , its a 12 week (13 if you count registration). exercise programme run by Prostate Scotland in conjunction with the SFA and Glasgow University who devised the programme ,last week was registration -height, weight ,blood pressure and medical history etc, the programme is aimed at men who have or have had Prostate cancer and hormone treatment and the aim is to help build up core fitness , there is training and nutrition and mental well being ,each week there is 1/2 hour classroom session talking about diet nutrition etc etc and 1 hour exercise ,the exercise is taking place in the stadium .

Hi Miktim , its a 12 week (13 if you count registration). exercise programme run by Prostate Scotland in conjunction with the SFA and Glasgow University who devised the programme ,last week was registration -height, weight ,blood pressure and medical history etc, the programme is aimed at men who have or have had Prostate cancer and hormone treatment and the aim is to help build up core fitness , there is training and nutrition and mental well being ,each week there is 1/2 hour classroom session talking about diet nutrition etc etc and 1 hour exercise ,the exercise is taking place in the stadium .
That sounds like a great programme
We're with you in spirit Marky
I remember going through a 'Healthy Heart' 'programme after my surgery, and it amazed me to see how many participants were 'just going through the motions' not getting the full benefit from it, and you could tell who was going to backslide again
They had to tell me to slow down, as I went hard at it on the treadmill, stretching, exercises, etc
Listen to what they say mate, and look after yourself
Best to You and Yours
YNWA

Last edited:
Great to see you are putting everything into giving yourself every opportunity of some kind of normal life after what you have been through and continue to go through. You are an inspiration Marky. Keep on keeping on. HH !!

Members online

Latest posts

Back