Well Being

This is a great idea Marky, I recently lost my mother, I'm at that age, thing is my father has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, which is what my mum died of. His has been spotted early so I'm hopeful, but trying to deal with this shit is exhausting, and hold down a job? I'm struggling man. I'm sure everyone else has equal problems but it's nice to have somewhere like this to vent, no?
Oh man TS, that is tough news, especially so soon after going through such a hard time with your Dad. Hopefully they have caught it early enough and she will get through it. Best wishes.

Just a wee update....First of all, thank you all for your kind words. My dad's surgery went well. He was back up in the ward by 9 o'clock last night. Spoke to him this morning and he was a bit groggy but doing well....he could see the scum pitch from his bed window....and in the far distance, from the ward window he could see paradise!!! With this in mind, and the doctors words of "once you're up and about we can think about getting you home to start your recovery"....he dragged his arse out of bed, away from the sight of the scum and shuffled to the end of the ward to take a picture of paradise. He sent me that photo.....he actually made himself walk up and down the ward today so that the doctor would sign his release papers so that he can get home tonight for the match!!! 🤣🤣 6 small holes in his stomach after having his prostate removed, a catheter and a shit load a pain killers will not stop him seeing the bhoys in green.....please Celtic....do it for my old man tonight 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
I'm just home after the game Lubo, I'm even happier after reading your post. Hope your dad enjoyed it as much as I did. Wishing him and all of your family the very best of luck.

Like a bad penny I keep turning up , was away seeing the consultant at the start of the month and the news wasn't what me and the wife had expected , my last coarse of chemotherapy hadn't worked as well as had been expected so this Tuesday I start Radium therapy which is radio active Radium injected into the body through a canula and because most of my tumours are on the bone the Radium is attracted to the bone and the radiation fights the cancer .
Wasn't in a Good place last week but have come to terms with it now ,the fight goes on onward and upward

Like a bad penny I keep turning up , was away seeing the consultant at the start of the month and the news wasn't what me and the wife had expected , my last coarse of chemotherapy hadn't worked as well as had been expected so this Tuesday I start Radium therapy which is radio active Radium injected into the body through a canula and because most of my tumours are on the bone the Radium is attracted to the bone and the radiation fights the cancer .
Wasn't in a Good place last week but have come to terms with it now ,the fight goes on onward and upward
Very sorry to read that Marky. We're all rooting for you, keep being as positive as you can be .

Good to see you post Marky, sorry the news isn't better for you and your family.

Keep fighting mate and remember on here.....

YNWA.

Sorry to hear that Marky hope all goes well with the next treatment bud all hear on the noise are and will be hear for you.
🙏

HH 🙏

At least I've still got options , what really knocked the wind out my sails was the consultant saying "if you die during this treatment you can't get cremated " dying hadn't even crossed my mind and him saying this (they have to tell you everything )really upset the Good lady and her mind went into overtime , and me telling her I wasn't going to die took ages for her to calm down

So sorry your going thru this marky I hope this radium can keep it at bay if not kill it totally off I feel for ur wife aswell all the best to u mate 🙏

At least I've still got options , what really knocked the wind out my sails was the consultant saying "if you die during this treatment you can't get cremated " dying hadn't even crossed my mind and him saying this (they have to tell you everything )really upset the Good lady and her mind went into overtime , and me telling her I wasn't going to die took ages for her to calm down
Jeezo marky you've been through the mill some , wouldn't pay much attention to your consultant nowadays they get the bad news out early just in the off chance ,some without even giving it any thought of your feelings ,some have only read your case files 15mins before seeing you and it's the junior Doctors and medical staff beneath him who know more about you than him ,your only a case file discussed after clinic and in most cases in a hurry

Hope all goes well for you i hope your pain relief is giving you some comfort

Back