Well Being

I'm glad Marky started this thread
It's a measure of who we are, in terms of being there for others
Got a few things on the go healthwise, but a a positive, and healthy attitude, helps
I believe that when you are in a 'negative' frame of mind, we've all been there at one point or another, you open the door for bad stuff to enter your life, so I try to be as positive as I can
I go for a coffee with some buddies, and it's good to sit down and have a bloody good laugh, the banter helps everyone, and takes your mind, off your troubles for a wee bit
I'm doing OK, and today, I had a couple of mates drop over for a cuppa and a good laugh about the years we worked together, stories are always good
The one guy is from Prestwick, and the other is from Cym, in Wales, both genuine guys
Of course, Georgia was giving the Cujo barking treatment when the doorbell rang, but as soon as they came in the house, she was all over them, seeking their attention
If I ever would give advice, when someone is feeling a bit down, give some old mates a shout, or if you haven't talked to someone in a while, give them a call, and spend a few hours reminiscing
Anyway, sending positive thoughts, and my best, to all and sundry, to everyone going through some 'challenges'
You will Never Walk Alone, as long as there's a Celtic Noise
HH
*EDIT: Forgot to add, my mate from Ayrshire has Parkinson's and still has a great sense of humour, he's not angry with having to go through this, he just accepts every day as it comes, and he said him and his wife, have never been happier, as they spend all their time together
And my Welsh mate, has gone through chemo for Cancer, he is doing great, and again, he loves a good laugh
It's easy to feel sorry for yourself at times, but it serves no purpose, other than to bring you down
And there's no shame in asking for help
Bless each and every one of you
YNWA

Last edited:
I'm glad Marky started this thread
It's a measure of who we are, in terms of being there for others
Got a few things on the go healthwise, but a a positive, and healthy attitude, helps
I believe that when you are in a 'negative' frame of mind, we've all been there at one point or another, you open the door for bad stuff to enter your life, so I try to be as positive as I can
I go for a coffee with some buddies, and it's good to sit down and have a bloody good laugh, the banter helps everyone, and takes your mind, off your troubles for a wee bit
I'm doing OK, and today, I had a couple of mates drop over for a cuppa and a good laugh about the years we worked together, stories are always good
The one guy is from Prestwick, and the other is from Cym, in Wales, both genuine guys
Of course, Georgia was giving the Cujo barking treatment when the doorbell rang, but as soon as they came in the house, she was all over them, seeking their attention
If I ever would give advice, when someone is feeling a bit down, give some old mates a shout, or if you haven't talked to someone in a while, give them a call, and spend a few hours reminiscing
Anyway, sending positive thoughts, and my best, to all and sundry, to everyone going through some 'challenges'
You will Never Walk Alone, as long as there's a Celtic Noise
HH
*EDIT: Forgot to add, my mate from Ayrshire has Parkinson's and still has a great sense of humour, he's not angry with having to go through this, he just accepts every day as it comes, and he said him and his wife, have never been happier, as they spend all their time together
And my Welsh mate, has gone through chemo for Cancer, he is doing great, and again, he loves a good laugh
It's easy to feel sorry for yourself at times, but it serves no purpose, other than to bring you down
And there's no shame in asking for help
Bless each and every one of you
YNWA
It's great when you can catch up with your mates , I have one mate that I first met when I moved to a new school ( my dad chased the big money) and we have been pals for over 55 years and meet up once a month and reminisce and it helps that our wives get on really well.
As if anything else couldn't go wrong health wise I had a growth in my head removed at the end of April. Everyone should be finished their yes so I'll post a wee photo of the wound.

Attachments

• 1683310686122-399423822.jpg
    1683310686122-399423822.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 9
It's great when you can catch up with your mates , I have one mate that I first met when I moved to a new school ( my dad chased the big money) and we have been pals for over 55 years and meet up once a month and reminisce and it helps that our wives get on really well.
As if anything else couldn't go wrong health wise I had a growth in my head removed at the end of April. Everyone should be finished their yes so I'll post a wee photo of the wound.
Marky, you haven't had far to look for your troubles but you have a great spirit and you meet everything 'head on'
Pardon the obvious pun
Yeah, it's all how you deal with whatever comes along eh
I have had 3 heart attacks, 3 TIA's (mini strokes) I have Aphasia (annoying as fuck when trying to communicate and the words won't come, it's apparently what Bruce Willis is dealing with right now, but I was never in Die Hard, oh and I have something going wrong in the brain...(no comments please) my balance is all screwed up and I tend to fall down the stairs if I don't keep hold of the bannister
Georgia keeps me on the straight and narrow when I walk her, she'll lean into me, if she 'senses' I'm about to do the happy riverdance, and go off to the left
Funny as fuck to watch no doubt, and my family are used to it by now, but waiting to see another Neurologist as the first guy was lax in communicating that there was an issue, I found out, when I called my doctor to renew my prescription, and he asked what they were doing about the arteries in my brain...News to me...
Anyway, you look after yourself, and great to hear you and your mate are still in touch
As bad as facebook is, at times, I am in touch with a couple of school mates I met in Primary school, and a former work colleague that I met in 1970...amazing, after all these years
YNWA

Last edited:
There's a better image,it wasn't as bad as it looks (liar) my son asked me what the exit wound looked like 😏 ,it started as a wee spot and just kept growing so they decided to cut it out ,don't get the biopsy results back for a few weeks , the wife is packing it and dressing it every night so there should be no dent .
Felt like a rangers supporter after their lobotomy😂

Attachments

• IMG_20230505_192410_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230505_192410_hdr.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 8
There's a better image,it wasn't as bad as it looks (liar) my son asked me what the exit wound looked like 😏 ,it started as a wee spot and just kept growing so they decided to cut it out ,don't get the biopsy results back for a few weeks , the wife is packing it and dressing it every night so there should be no dent .
Thinking of you Marky. Great spirit. 👍

All the best Marky. yon looks sore.

oh that looks sore Marky

Bloody hell Marky. That looks bloody sore - I'm glad they got it before it caused any major problems. Take care and wishing you all the best. YNWA 💚

Ffs Markey who shot you?

the wean comes in the other day from school

Daddy, if you were offered a billion pounds right now would you take it....
If only.....

So Daddy, if you could only get that billion quid for today and you wouldnt wake up tomorrow, would you still take it

Eh, naw

Well, if waking up tomorrow is worth more than a billion quid, why are you always grumpy and moaning about spending money....

A kid in Primary 2 puts well being into perspective

theres no amount of money you'd put before tomorrow.....so why is money that important

Answers on a postcard

Last edited:
the wean comes in the other day from school

Daddy, if you were offered a billion pounds right now would you take it....
If only.....

So Daddy, if you could only get that billion quid for today and you wouldnt wake up tomorrow, would you still take it

Eh, naw

Well, if waking up tomorrow is worth more than a billion quid, why are you always grumpy and moaning about spending money....

My 6 year olds figured out life 39 years before me

A kid in Primary 2 puts well being into perspective

theres no amount of money you'd put before tomorrow.....so why is money that important

Answers on a postcard
Gie that wean a hug
She has indeed, figured out what is important, at a young age
You are doing a great job with them
The young yins are our future, and our Liliana knows what it means to be loved, and to love everyone else
She shares everything, and at times, she cracks me up
Like the time we had a family dinner at our place
She was about to sit down at the table, and her Daddy said "Go wash your hands"
He looks like the SAS instructor guy, and if he told me to go wash my hands, I would ;-)
So, off she goes and I hear her stomping up towards the bathroom...
Being her Papa, she can do no wrong in my eyes, so I knock on the door as the water is running, and she opens it
I said "You ok honey ?"
She had a scowl on her face...as she replied..."He's always telling me what to do..."
I said "He's your daddy, that's his job toots"
Took all I had not to laugh, as she stomped back down the hall
She arrives at her place and shows her hands..."See ?"
Few minutes later she was climbing on his lap and saying sorry, and how much she loved him
Being a Dad, in fact, being a Grandfather, is a privelege denied to so many
But, if you can put a smile on a kid's face, make sure they know they are safe and protected, you reap the benefits when they grow up, and contribute to the world
*soapbox put away
See what you made me do there, Smelly
HH

Last edited:
Markey keep a positive attitude cancer is no longer a death sentence like the past.
I just got the all clear after 4.5 years last week cancer free, not saying I have beaten it but in remission is all I can wish for, after chemo & 8 weeks of daily radiation :) HH
Wonderful news scotcel. So happy for you. This terrible illness has visited two of my immediate family who are bravely battling it with great courage.
A reminder that there are things more important things than football.
Wishing you all the very best.

Back