Weve all known tha Ralston has something about him for years . Now hes bulked up will he keep the no1 RB position?

Will Ralston keep juranovic out of the team?

• No juranovic is too good

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Yes Ralston has bided his time and we are reaping the rewards he'll be no1 RB

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
A wee poll. Juranovic is obviously a good player to play for Croatia and at the same time Ralston is playing out of his skin. I personally think Ralston will keep the place til juranovic settles. Thoughts noisers?
We will have to look out for Everton making a bid for Ralston. If they are bidding £5m for Patterson who has played about 11 games, what will they think of Ralston on his current form? £9m.
Juranovis can play right mid as well, could see the 2 of them in the same team if we are up against a good team.

Real hard one cause young ralston has been superb and tbh he disnae deserve to be dropped he's playing out his skin but I've chosen no juranovic is too good....but I'm same as u I don't see him taking ralstons place rite away I think the gaffer will give young ralston the respect he deserves but we've not brought new guy to sit on bench either at this time granted it's based on reports and odd bit of footage but this new boy looks alot better at this stage of his career and wee ralston will bide his time on the bench and I'm more than sure he will be a reliable back up this year for us.....the bhoys saved us a fortune only needed the one right back cause he's been so good canny wait to see this juranovic HH

Patterson been called up to the Scotland squad , even though he has been a bench warmer so far this season, with his only game time in the league Cup.
I don't know if the guy is any good as he has only had 4 starts in the league for sevco last Season but surely Ralston should have got the nod instead of him

Last edited:
The way way we play Ange all we need 2 players of equal ability to play in all positions. I voted for AR to keep the position for now though, he's earned it, it's up to JJ to prove he's the better option.
Another thing is cover for Hart if he gets injured. We could do with another goalie.

A wee poll for a laugh . Juranovic is obviously a good player to play for Croatia and at the same time Ralston is playing out of his skin. I personally think Ralston will keep the place til juranovic settles. Thoughts noisers?
Two good full backs,wouldn't be the first time that a team discovers a player who can play left or right.I personally can see Ralston playing as a centre back eventually

I'm a big fan of what Ralston has become, but I think Juranovic is a step above him just now.

Ralston will still see plenty game time this season with the tempo we're playing at and he'll continue to improve.

His attitude alone should get him a new and improved deal.

Two good full backs,wouldn't be the first time that a team discovers a player who can play left or right.I personally can see Ralston playing as a centre back eventually
Not sure Ralston can play in the CB position hopefully I'd love to be proved wrong. Hes been awesome though as our only RB I cant see Ange dropping him so soon I think juranovic will have to bide his time HH

Good question winter.
I can see potentially this situation panning out with josip soon becoming the no1 for the European games with Ralston for the league games.
That extra quality and experience could be vital in European games, even with Ralston growing with every game he is playing in.
However, can't see Ralston losing his place this week as currently done more than enough to warrant keeping hold of the Jersey

If juranovic is 2 footed could possibly cover both fullbacks, this would allow young monty to cover midfield especially going forward, as we've seen so far it looks like the hammer throwers will be out in force this season. HH

The shirt is Ralston's for just now and Juranovic will have to fight for it. This is an excellent situation for us as it allows Juranovic to settle as we integrate him into the speed and physicality of the Scottish game (plus the "whims" of our beloved referees). It means that we have a quality back-up to push Ralston onto greater heights due to the competition and also to bring in when AR's form takes the inevitable downdip or he needs rested or takes a knock.

As I said previously, there may well be some scenarios (particularly away in Europe against bigger teams) where we could even play the attack minded Juranovic in front of Ralston to bolster our defence but without completely giving up our attacking options as both like to bomb forward and swing in crosses.

Latest posts

Back