What’s your take on taking a knee?

I have heard several folk say he was a bad yin anyway but the point is it could have been any black man and it isn't the cops jobs to mete out justice where only they see fit.
So my 35 year old Peace breach is hanging offence.
Not posted as joke.
Nobody knows one way or other what anyone did in past, either way nobody should die under a policeman's knee.

Cops- Guilty until proven innocent?
Bit contradictory there?

In this instance not really, regardless of the tag they put on the crime 1st 2nd 3rd or even a not guilty cover up, the fact remains, they will never be innocent in the eyes of the witnesses who seen what happened and the witnesses will be correct and they will be forever guilty of murder. That will be their justice forever murderers.

I agree, the people who witnessed this traumatic experience know exactly what happened. However that's not my point. In order for progress to be made here due process must be followed and justice must be seen to be served. Confidence in the U S justice system will slowly be gained if going forward EVERYONE is dealt with fairly and transparently. Faith in the system is the bedrock.

I agree, the people who witnessed this traumatic experience know exactly what happened. However that's not my point. In order for progress to be made here due process must be followed and justice must be seen to be served. Confidence in the U S justice system will slowly be gained if going forward EVERYONE is dealt with fairly and transparently. Faith in the system is the bedrock.
I believe the cops should take a deal and do the time for the crime they committed for if they go forward to trial a fair DA will pull out previous racial incidents. I would rather they sweated listening to their character been given them, but i think the deal will be done and right or wrong thats the system all Americans are given, their system is built on plea bargaining and getting incidents over the line regardless of the true nature of the crime.

I believe the cops should take a deal and do the time for the crime they committed for if they go forward to trial a fair DA will pull out previous racial incidents. I would rather they sweated listening to their character been given them, but i think the deal will be done and right or wrong thats the system all Americans are given, their system is built on plea bargaining and getting incidents over the line regardless of the true nature of the crime.
And there the problem lies. Money affords better lawyers. The black population in the US are generally poorer , with less access to good representation. A big cause of inequality . As I said these fundamental flaws in the system need changed to restore confidence. The UK system is susceptible to this too as can be seen by the rich cunts that refuse to pay tax by paying rich lawyers to abuse the law.
As I keep saying, justice needs to be SEEN to be done to these cops, prosecuted to the full letter of the law leaving no ambiguity. If not then things will never change.

And there the problem lies. Money affords better lawyers. The black population in the US are generally poorer , with less access to good representation. A big cause of inequality . As I said these fundamental flaws in the system need changed to restore confidence. The UK system is susceptible to this too as can be seen by the rich cunts that refuse to pay tax by paying rich lawyers to abuse the law.
As I keep saying, justice needs to be SEEN to be done to these cops, prosecuted to the full letter of the law leaving no ambiguity. If not then things will never change.

Lawyers abusing the system is a different issue as it only demonstrates, in the elite world, no life matters to them, only money. Does not matter one jot black or white, money talks and thats a different issue, thats a greed issue and a different system. That system works both ways, a rich accused pays for evidence to be scrutinised to the minute detail, knowing the result will be the same but buys time and the DA knows that time is state money, so the deal cut is both a time saving factor and a money saved factor, the crime is reduced and the sentence reduced, thats life in the US courts.

When racism is at play.....how hard do you think it is it going to be.....to put a jury together.....that will convict the cop(s) that murdered this man?

All though not on the same scale.....we’ve seen with our own eyes closer to home.....how a jury can fail to convict a person who assaulted Neil Lennon at Tynecastle.....witnessed in front of a world wide television audience.....Why?

I know what I think

When racism is at play.....how hard do you think it is it going to be.....to put a jury together.....that will convict the cop(s) that murdered this man?

All though not on the same scale.....we’ve seen with our own eyes closer to home.....how a jury can fail to convict a person who assaulted Neil Lennon at Tynecastle.....witnessed in front of a world wide television audience.....Why?

I know what I think

The case will play out a case of blame ,,,did the cop kneeling on his neck exert enough pressure to kill him ,,,or did the cop kneeling on his ribcage putting pressure on his lungs cause his death ?

or was his death indetermanent

As for the jury ,,,,,they would have to all african americans to get justice

Serving on a jury is normally compulsory for individuals who are qualified for jury service. A jury is intended to be an impartial panel capable of reaching a verdict. Procedures and requirements may include a fluent understanding of the language and the opportunity to test jurors' neutrality or otherwise exclude jurors who are perceived as likely to be less than neutral or partial to one side. Juries are initially chosen randomly, usually from the eligible population of adult citizens residing in the court's jurisdictional area. Jury selection in the United States usually includes organized questioning of the prospective jurors (jury pool) by the lawyers for the plaintiff and the defendant and by the judge—voir dire—as well as rejecting some jurors because of bias or inability to properly serve ("challenge for cause"), and the discretionary right of each side to reject a specified number of jurors without having to prove a proper cause for the rejection ("peremptory challenge"), before the jury is impaneled. (From Wikipedia)

the policeman’s lawyers can have a say in the jury’s selection, what’s the chance of having more black people on it than white? Personally I think he’ll wriggle out of it, see the Rodney King case in the 90’s 4 officers were charged, 3 acquitted, jury failed to agree on the 4th, the jury was composed of ten whites, one bi-racial male, one Latino, and one Asian American, 63 people died and 2500 injured in the resulting race riots that followed, although 2 of officers were jailed in a subsequent civil rights case.

History has shown that they will escape justice......

Serving on a jury is normally compulsory for individuals who are qualified for jury service. A jury is intended to be an impartial panel capable of reaching a verdict. Procedures and requirements may include a fluent understanding of the language and the opportunity to test jurors' neutrality or otherwise exclude jurors who are perceived as likely to be less than neutral or partial to one side. Juries are initially chosen randomly, usually from the eligible population of adult citizens residing in the court's jurisdictional area. Jury selection in the United States usually includes organized questioning of the prospective jurors (jury pool) by the lawyers for the plaintiff and the defendant and by the judge—voir dire—as well as rejecting some jurors because of bias or inability to properly serve ("challenge for cause"), and the discretionary right of each side to reject a specified number of jurors without having to prove a proper cause for the rejection ("peremptory challenge"), before the jury is impaneled. (From Wikipedia)

the policeman’s lawyers can have a say in the jury’s selection, what’s the chance of having more black people on it than white? Personally I think he’ll wriggle out of it, see the Rodney King case in the 90’s 4 officers were charged, 3 acquitted, jury failed to agree on the 4th, the jury was composed of ten whites, one bi-racial male, one Latino, and one Asian American, 63 people died and 2500 injured in the resulting race riots that followed, although 2 of officers were jailed in a subsequent civil rights case.

History has shown that they will escape justice......
The OJ Simpson trial showed how open to abuse the system is . Check the scenes of celebration when the verdict was called. Now the vast majority of the black community knew OJ did it, but rejoiced in a system that freed him. I understand why, at that time and subsequently they were pissed off by the bias in the system that saved racist cops. However that 'victory' has turned out to be hollow as nothing has changed.

As a club with, A club like no other take a knee
Highlight Racism of all kinds. Mr George Floyd
Let’s hope he is the Last. Like the elderly man pushed to the ground get a grip Donald ya fucking Zoomer.

HH 🙏

The amount of cops who just stormed past the old guy after throwing him to the ground and seeing the blood gush from his head was truly staggering and shocking.
Take the knee Celtic. 🍀

Not much shocks me the older I get, but to see them walk past that man was shocking. The first guy seems to have a moral moment of duty cross his mind before being pushed forward by a colleague saying they were calling a medic. calling a medic doesn't excuse being a public servant and not taking immediate care of someone who has a head injury and needs immediate attention. What next 'he's having a stroke boss'. 'It's OK pal, I've called an ambulance, let's get donuts'

Any1 know d oldmans name?

Members online

Back