What’s your take on taking a knee?

Colin Kapernick is owed a massive apology in the states...there's a guy who took a knee 4 years ago and was shunned by a nation mostly....a top sportsman shut down in his prime because he stood up (took a knee) for what he believed in.....now all the hypocrites in his profession are agreeing with and siding with him...where were his fellow colleagues when he needed them...joke man

For me I think what the Liverpool players done in solidarity with George Floyd is commendable.....and I would like us to do something along the same lines.....what do you all think and any ideas as to what we can do?

Could we perhaps incorporate taking a knee in to the huddle?
Well for me that's the thing, go to huddle, turn to face front, on the knee, then up, Celtic huddle and on to game. But the Take the knee should be in the huddle in some way.

Colin Kapernick is owed a massive apology in the states...there's a guy who took a knee 4 years ago and was shunned by a nation mostly....a top sportsman shut down in his prime because he stood up (took a knee) for what he believed in.....now all the hypocrites in his profession are agreeing with and siding with him...where were his fellow colleagues when he needed them...joke man
Yeah but it's taking a knee during the American anthem; not standing for their shit. Excellent effort but the significance is lost outside of that context. Much rather see Celtic players raise a fist.

1968,The year i got edumacated!,the ruling classes did'nt give a phuq about ordinary folk,especially if you were minority ordinary folk,
Stupid phuqin ,redneck, white trash,in the states,the uk,norn iron, think their governments give a phuq about them,feed them their diet of ,entitlement,supremacy,racism and sectarianism, and the stupid orcs are happy,because it makes them think they are 'the peepul' they're too feckin stupid,to see their lords and masters don't give a phuq about them!, 10 in a row will be so phuqin sweet! 🍺 🥳🧀

I'd approve of taking the knee. For a man being murdered. For the reasons of one man of a race that did that to a man of another in an act of racism.

That's where it stops for me.

It's sad that colour ,creed or religion are used as weapons.

What i can't cheerlead completely is a man that did what he did before he died.

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with any person that walks this earth. Not under George Lloyds name.
He was murdered yes. I cannot chant a name and link him to a cause ...because of what he was. A bad guy.

I want everyone involved to be charged,convicted and sentenced. For what they did.
I will support black rights as it is something that is close to my heart.
But
Not under a George Lloyd banner

I'd approve of taking the knee. For a man being murdered. For the reasons of one man of a race that did that to a man of another in an act of racism.

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with any person that walks this earth. Not under George Lloyds name.
He was murdered yes. I cannot chant a name and link him to a cause ...because of what he was. A bad guy.

I want everyone involved to be charged,convicted and sentenced. For what they did.
But
Floyd.

That type of post isn't my usual. I'd read he had robbed and put a gun to a woman's belly, possibly pregnant? Other convictions inc.

That's why I'm not backing the name.

The disgusting treatment of African Americans? I could talk for pages but this isn't the platform.

I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea regarding my statement above.

IMO any man that does that to a woman should be locked up.
He served I assume. He was then murdered.
The focus for me is his life and the value of life itself. Ultimately the reason the cop used the force he did. Racist despicable cop.
George
typed in haste. ...
Regrettably Duffy
It's my brothers name
No excuse

But
Yes, he was a lowly criminal who was a petty criminal and sold drugs on the street. Not a nice person we would agree. But he didn't deserve to be murdered by a cop who forced his knee into his neck/throat so he died slowly and painfully face down on concrete in piss-filled breeks pleading for help and crying for his mum.

Bystanders - including medically trained witnesses - were pleading with the cop (who has a terrible track record with racism and death on his watch) to give him relief were ignored and threatened.

Then his limp corpse was humiliated further by getting instructed to get up and into the cop car.

Maybe he isn't the victim that is deserving of a global movement demanding peace, tolerance and equality but his cold-blooded murder is maybe the straw that broke the camel's neck.

Last edited:
Your right.
Yes, he was a lowly criminal who was a petty criminal and sold drugs on the street. Not a nice person we would agree. But he didn't deserve to be murdered by a cop who forced his knee into his neck/throat so he died slowly and painfully face down on concrete in piss-filled breeks pleading for help and crying for his mum.

Bystanders - including medically trained witnesses - were pleading with the cop (who has a terrible track record with racism and death on his watch) to give him relief were ignored and threatened.

Then his limp corpse was humiliated further by getting instructed to get up and into the cop car.

Maybe he isn't the victim that is deserving of a global movement demanding peace, tolerance and equality but his cold-blooded murder is maybe the straw that broke the camel's neck.
It's a reset and repeat it's the powers way.
Once this calms. It will crop up again with another murder. I watched a similar shooting happen before covid with a lass in her car with her boyfriend.
It doest seem to matter if it's recorded or not over there. Or anywhere.
Older I get the more it sets in .
I wrote an essay back at school titled "The axis of evil" got an A for it. You can guess I wasn't talking about anyone east of the landmass

Yeah but it's taking a knee during the American anthem; not standing for their shit. Excellent effort but the significance is lost outside of that context. Much rather see Celtic players raise a fist.

How is the significance lost? A black American athlete, playing for one of the most iconic American teams...in fact, one of the most iconic teams in world sport...he is taking a stance against injustice and oppression by symbolically opposing the expected and standard faux devotion to a busted flush flag and a nation that is America ... This guy should be given the respect he is due...imo

How is the significance lost? A black American athlete, playing for one of the most iconic American teams...in fact, one of the most iconic teams in world sport...he is taking a stance against injustice and oppression by symbolically opposing the expected and standard faux devotion to a busted flush flag and a nation that is America ... This guy should be given the respect he is due...imo
There are quick fire results if you want to end up in conflict. A pretty dangerous one is to go against the masses, the forefathers and the amendments. The rage that stirs over there is tangible and dangerous.
He done it . Brave guy.

My mate tried it once in a bar ..bastard that he is and a wind up merchant. No cause apart from bother..nearly got done in over there. He was lucky . Told a group of Americans that thier rules could change at any time. Guns will be taken off of you one day
They stated that no "it's the 2nd amendment"
Not sure if he had heard this before
He said
"Amendment means changed or altered"
"Means nothing is certain over here"
"3rd amendment nae guns nae argument"
Smart man not a cautious one...
They went ballistic

Ablack American convicted of a crime,he serves his time?
he moves from Houston to Minnesota,to turn his life around?
Did he?, was he still a bad guy?
Apparantly tried to pass a counterfeit $20,was restrained by 4 cops,handcuffed,forced to the ground,knelt on by 3 officers,one of whom pressed on his neck with his knee,for over 8 minutes,while he cried, for his Momma,said he could not not breath,pissed himself,murdered in broad daylight?,seems a tad wrong to me.

He's owed more than an apology; compensation for loss of earnings after the NFL halted his career.

He went front one of the highest wage earners on the team to zero, still hasn’t found a non-racist team to take him on, hasn’t played for three years, tells you everything you need to know about the NFL and American sport in general, shameful.....to put it terms you all can understand would be about the equivalent of Kylian Mbappé (PSG) making a stand against racism, being blacklisted and never kicking a ball again😡

Important that a man's past dragged out should not be used to justify the murder, the justice system is in place to judge crimes and this only occurs when a man is in front of the system for a crime and it is not the medias job for propaganda to try a man in public.

The man is innocent until proven guilty, however, what we saw from his aggressors is a case that we can we judge for our self, no trial need be required to convince us and the trial will be a mere formality; for what we have witnessed, was a murder, we witnessed the crime in real time and saw the execution of the crime and end result and intention to get a result, no verbal required, no judging bias, we saw it and witnessed an inequality of justice an inequality of justice carried out by officers sworn to uphold the law and administer justice to all the public without bias.

Take the murder out of the equation and George Floyd remains an innocent member of the public and his past and the trials and tribulations of modern life he faces remains his business like any other member of the public. Nothing will take away the crime we witnessed first-hand, and nothing should be allowed to detract from it. George Floyd remains the victim and we have to keep that as the focus in our demands for equality and justice for all.

"The man is innocent until proven guilty, however, what we saw from his aggressors is a case that we can we judge for our self, no trial need be required to convince us and the trial will be a mere formality; for what we have witnessed, was a murder, we witnessed the crime in real time and saw the execution of the crime and end result and intention to get a result, no verbal required, no judging bias, we saw it and witnessed an inequality of justice an inequality of justice carried out by officers sworn to uphold the law and administer justice to all the public without bias."
Victim - Innocent until proven guilty
Cops- Guilty until proven innocent?
Bit contradictory there?
I get that emotions are running high but fundamentally equality is at the core here. Let's see if justice is served on the accused cops here, and more importantly, let's see going forward if justice continues to be served. That for me would show we are one step closer to achieving the equality we all desire. I hope long term reforms are sought in the justice system showing there are genuine efforts to resolve the broken trust in a broken system.

"The man is innocent until proven guilty, however, what we saw from his aggressors is a case that we can we judge for our self, no trial need be required to convince us and the trial will be a mere formality; for what we have witnessed, was a murder, we witnessed the crime in real time and saw the execution of the crime and end result and intention to get a result, no verbal required, no judging bias, we saw it and witnessed an inequality of justice an inequality of justice carried out by officers sworn to uphold the law and administer justice to all the public without bias."
Victim - Innocent until proven guilty
Bit contradictory there?
I get that emotions are running high but fundamentally equality is at the core here. Let's see if justice is served on the accused cops here, and more importantly, let's see going forward if justice continues to be served. That for me would show we are one step closer to achieving the equality we all desire. I hope long term reforms are sought in the justice system showing there are genuine efforts to resolve the broken trust in a broken system.

Apologies, my reply was to Boab1916's post . Dunno what happened there!!!

Apologies, my reply was to Boab1916's post . Dunno what happened there!!!
Bit contradictory there?

In this instance not really, regardless of the tag they put on the crime 1st 2nd 3rd or even a not guilty cover up, the fact remains, they will never be innocent in the eyes of the witnesses who seen what happened and the witnesses will be correct and they will be forever guilty of murder. That will be their justice forever murderers.

1968,The year i got edumacated!,the ruling classes did'nt give a phuq about ordinary folk,especially if you were minority ordinary folk,
Stupid phuqin ,redneck, white trash,in the states,the uk,norn iron, think their governments give a phuq about them,feed them their diet of ,entitlement,supremacy,racism and sectarianism, and the stupid orcs are happy,because it makes them think they are 'the peepul' they're too feckin stupid,to see their lords and masters don't give a phuq about them!, 10 in a row will be so phuqin sweet! 🍺 🥳🧀
1968, I was only 2, sorry I missed your original post.

Back