What about this?

Imatim

In the spirit of good will and in support for the victims of child abuse Celtic play a benefit game for these victims with all monies raised deposited in to a special fund (or one in existence) set up for this purpose.

No liability entered in to. Simply undertaken in the spirit of common decency and good grace that we are renowned for the world over.

No! That then implys guilt of something that was completely outwith our control we as a club did nothing wrong. We do nothing that will give them a stick to try and hurt us with. I really do feel sorry for what those children were put through by that evil piece of shit. But after that lawyer threatened to sue the club we have to keep our distance from that way of thinking. Hail! Hail!

I understand the spirit intended in the original post, but I agree with the subsequent posts - it's slippery slope and the horrible rats in the media would take it as an admission of guilt. It's terrible that we have to think that way.

I have limitless sympathy for the victims of abuse but any victim who has their heart set on "revenge" against Celtic is not thinking clearly or fairly.

I understand the spirit intended in the original post, but I agree with the subsequent posts - it's slippery slope and the horrible rats in the media would take it as an admission of guilt. It's terrible that we have to think that way.

I have limitless sympathy for the victims of abuse but any victim who has their heart set on "revenge" against Celtic is not thinking clearly or fairly.
I think we can understand that victims need some redress about the matter but the lawyers' gravy train will roll into action on this one and I wouldn't bet against them bringing all sorts of lawsuits against the club. Holding benefit games might be seen as admitting culpability and would be pounced upon by the legal profession, media and even the huns to blacken Celtic's good name.
I'd like to think that Celtic are working behind the scenes to help the victims find closure without the need for charity.

I think we can understand that victims need some redress about the matter but the lawyers' gravy train will roll into action on this one and I wouldn't bet against them bringing all sorts of lawsuits against the club. Holding benefit games might be seen as admitting culpability and would be pounced upon by the legal profession, media and even the huns to blacken Celtic's good name.
I'd like to think that Celtic are working behind the scenes to help the victims find closure without the need for charity.
https://goodnessandharmony.wordpress.com/tag/celtic-boys-club/

In the spirit of good will and in support for the victims of child abuse Celtic play a benefit game for these victims with all monies raised deposited in to a special fund (or one in existence) set up for this purpose.

No liability entered in to. Simply undertaken in the spirit of common decency and good grace that we are renowned for the world over.

Its really decent of you imatim to think of contstructive ways to help and i ? you for that pal.

For me look at who liked your post.

Someone i suspect is wetting themselves at the prospect that guilt would be attached.

Because of the nature of what the children went through i personally dont think its in keeping with the fun or indeed family element of a football game.

I think it would cheapen what those wee souls were put through.

I think this requires the culprit jailed, its not long enough i would personally hang him, there needs to be work done in the interim for proven details about the case to be made public knowledge and that the correct culprits are dealt with accordingly.

Then its about these brave souls been given the support they need for a better future.

I do applaud you in your earnest wish to help them.

We need to find out whats what then come up with a way to help thats both beneficial and fitting.

I think a charity match for this could be tacky

HH imatim ☘️

I would imagine that lawyers will be heavily involved with phrases like " vicarious liability" and other legalese. The victims, and there are many, will undoubtedly seek some form of retribution. Its very difficult to adequately express our feelings both as a club and as a fanbase. Godbless these children whose innocence was taken away and whose lives have been blighted.

Its really decent of you imatim to think of contstructive ways to help and i ? you for that pal.

For me look at who liked your post.

Someone i suspect is wetting themselves at the prospect that guilt would be attached.

Because of the nature of what the children went through i personally dont think its in keeping with the fun or indeed family element of a football game.

I think it would cheapen what those wee souls were put through.

I think this requires the culprit jailed, its not long enough i would personally hang him, there needs to be work done in the interim for proven details about the case to be made public knowledge and that the correct culprits are dealt with accordingly.

Then its about these brave souls been given the support they need for a better future.

I do applaud you in your earnest wish to help them.

We need to find out whats what then come up with a way to help thats both beneficial and fitting.

I think a charity match for this could be tacky

HH imatim ☘️
I take it you don't think someone is a Tim?

I have a slightly different view on this. For me, Celtic is all about the fans. Those running the club and even the players mostly come and go, but the fans endure. So instead of Celtic F.C. setting up some charitable event, I would throw in the idea that fans groups (and yes I mean the Green Brigade too) continue in the charitable manner for which they have a well earned reputation. The club was founded on serving a need, and I have no issue with the fans continuing in that direction.

So while I agree that Celtic FC may be wise to pass up the opportunity to participate in some charitable action, I would imagine that most fans would feel that doing something would really help the victims and so they may hold some desire to arrange some fund-raising activity.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sure the Peepul will be creaming their pants, that the club would have to pay millions in compensation, to the victims. But the club are not liable, the ambulance chasing lawyers are wasting peoples time & money. My heart goes out to the victims, but it wasn't Celtic fault.

I truly have sympathy for the kids who were abused but surely they must realise it was absolutely nothing to do with celtic an the lawyers are themselves trying to abuse them by playing on their emotions, wake up and get rid of them take control of your life if anyone is to be sued it should be Torbett himself,he must have some worth even if its his house and pension pot.

Back