What are your memories of the Four Amigos?

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Andy Thom was a godsend, especially since McStay had played hibs one time too many and had to retire. A very important player for us with his technical ability plus could strike the ball like a cannon.
Big Pierre certainly knew how to score, great striker but not too interested in doing much else but strike balls towards the goal, frustrated me at times especially in the air where a guy that size was unbelievably lazy but thank feck for his goals!
Only one Jorge Cadete, an incredible striker who had the talent for putting the ball in the net from anywhere it seemed. A little bit crazy in the noggin tho lol
Paulo I would pay just to watch him anywhere near a football! I loved the guy, absolutely sublime skill n god given talent! It was clear as soon as Tommy was shabbily sacked that he'd work his ticket.

Its a shame we couldn't get the deals done for these guys, a normal chairman would probably have done that quite easily but Fergus didn't understand how to handle players n thought they were cheating Celtic and himself. Not one thin dime, indeed!

Thom didn't like a tackle but when in the mood could hit a screamer (ibrox 3-3 game ) a belter , Remember his face as him and his wife agent pulled up to celtic park the day the tickets for the newcastle opener went on sale ,he was mobbed and must have been thinking wtf

PVH on his debut at hampden cracking free kick and we were all relieved after the months of misery that was hampden that we had at last found a player but who then became a billy big bollox remember him having a go at king kenny during mike galloways testimonial he later became a mercenerycnt

Cadete on his debut a cold pissin rain night and the roar from the crowd blew radio scotland off air this guy had the goals in him evry game you were confident he would grab a goal

Dicanio what a gifted nut job he was ,had everything in his locker but a greedy player it was all about paulo , Hearts at Tyncastle we were strugglin at at 1-1 and he stops while the plays still on and goes over to TB screaming at him and pointing at mark mcnally as if to say get him off take him off now had some skill though at home think it was falkirk or dundee and he took a pass flicked it up with his heel and let it run up his league over his shoulder and passed the player wondering what had just went on

$ talented players who at the time were in a team of not so talented players

Thom didn't like a tackle but when in the mood could hit a screamer (ibrox 3-3 game ) a belter , Remember his face as him and his wife agent pulled up to celtic park the day the tickets for the newcastle opener went on sale ,he was mobbed and must have been thinking wtf

PVH on his debut at hampden cracking free kick and we were all relieved after the months of misery that was hampden that we had at last found a player but who then became a billy big bollox remember him having a go at king kenny during mike galloways testimonial he later became a mercenerycnt

Cadete on his debut a cold pissin rain night and the roar from the crowd blew radio scotland off air this guy had the goals in him evry game you were confident he would grab a goal

Dicanio what a gifted nut job he was ,had everything in his locker but a greedy player it was all about paulo , Hearts at Tyncastle we were strugglin at at 1-1 and he stops while the plays still on and goes over to TB screaming at him and pointing at mark mcnally as if to say get him off take him off now had some skill though at home think it was falkirk or dundee and he took a pass flicked it up with his heel and let it run up his league over his shoulder and passed the player wondering what had just went on

$ talented players who at the time were in a team of not so talented players
The goal against Aberdeen in the golden boots simply outrageous!😮

Jorge cadette getting booked and arguing with the officials , my mate shouts at the top of his voice.."For fucksake referee what's the matter?do you no speak Spanish.??? "

😬

Pierre for his heeder against Airdrie in the cup final and that miss against the huns when that UDA lovin cunt somehow saved it.
Di Canio scorin against Aberdeen then saying the light from the floodlights shone off his boots and blinded Leighton 😂Also for his leg breaking hand sign to Ian Ferguson😂
Remember watchin Cadetes debut against Aberdeen were he dinked it over the keeper,knew he was gony be class and who could forget his perfectly good goal chopped off against the monkeys😑
Andy Thom for his screamer against the huns and i remember a game we were 2-1 down and am sure he got 2 goals to win us the game.
Never won much back then but thought we played some great football under Tommy.

I always thought it was a shame that Thom was never included in with the Three Amigos. Cadette was always going to be a great goal scorer (I think he scored twice as Portugal humiliated Scotland 5-0, and I think McCoist broke his leg in this game), that's exactly why Farry illegally delayed his registration.

Di Canio's goal against the Sheepies was amaxing. Thom's goal against Diedco and Big Pierre's winner against Airdrie.

Sadly, there should have been a 5th Amigo who would have surpassed the rest. Ginola was the big one that got away. Ready to sign for us then stopped off in Newcastle, told them we were going to pay him £15K a week so they said they pay him £16K. Just another mercenary like the rest of them!

See the article linked below for some other players we missed out on and who we signed instead.

Link to 9 missed Celtic signings

Last edited:
I alwsyd thought it was a shame that Thom was never included in the Three Amigos. Cadette was always going to be a great goal scorer (I think he scored twice as Portugal humiliated Scotland 5-0, and I think McCoist broke his leg in this game), that's exactly why Farry illegally delayed his registration.

Di Canio's goal against the Sheepies was amaxing. Thom's goal against Diedco and BiForgot to throw in the line wee fergus said to hime g Pierre's winner against Airdrie.

Sadly, there should have been a 5th Amigo who would have surpassed the rest. Ginola was the big one that got away. Ready to sign for us then stopped off in Newcastle, told them we were going to pay him £15K a week so they said they pay him £16K. Just another mercenary like the rest of them!

See the article linked below for some other players we missed out on and who we signed instead.

Link to 9 missed Celtic signings
According to W Haughey wee Fergus blew that deal by mentioning the cold nights at inverness to come ,Ginola would have the same impact as Henrik up here

Pierre for his heeder against Airdrie in the cup final and that miss against the huns when that UDA lovin cunt somehow saved it.
Di Canio scorin against Aberdeen then saying the light from the floodlights shone off his boots and blinded Leighton 😂Also for his leg breaking hand sign to Ian Ferguson😂
Remember watchin Cadetes debut against Aberdeen were he dinked it over the keeper,knew he was gony be class and who could forget his perfectly good goal chopped off against the monkeys😑
Andy Thom for his screamer against the huns and i remember a game we were 2-1 down and am sure he got 2 goals to win us the game.
Never won much back then but thought we played some great football under Tommy.
Was the Andy Thom game against Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup at Paradise? I remember him scoring late on and the crowd going nuts.

Back