What do you think Celtic could do better?

Imatim

Whether it be the Board, the Team, the Support, et al......how do you think we could improve things at Celtic?

I know it is sometimes difficult to just come out and say things but I believe there should be better dialogue between the Board and the support. Res 12 anyone. Regular quarterly meetings between elected supporter groups and the Club for instance with a proper agenda and feedback.

I think CelticTV needs to be of a better quality too as it is seldom I get an uninterrupted stream.

I also think we are missing out by not having a global scheme in place whereby those who cannot attend Celtic Park can contribute weekly by direct debit to the Celtic Lottery, or the like. With the proper marketing this could be huge imo.

I'm sure there's lots more can be added to this.

What do you reckon?

Whether it be the Board, the Team, the Support, et al......how do you think we could improve things at Celtic?

I know it is sometimes difficult to just come out and say things but I believe there should be better dialogue between the Board and the support. Res 12 anyone. Regular quarterly meetings between elected supporter groups and the Club for instance with a proper agenda and feedback.

I think CelticTV needs to be of a better quality too as it is seldom I get an uninterrupted stream.

I also think we are missing out by not having a global scheme in place whereby those who cannot attend Celtic Park can contribute weekly by direct debit to the Celtic Lottery, or the like. With the proper marketing this could be huge imo.

What do you reckon?
"Celtic Park can contribute weekly by direct debit to the Celtic Lottery"
Should we be encouraging more gambling, we already have William Hill (SC) Ladbrokes (SPFL) Dafabet (Celtic Sponsor), basically the question should be, should Celtic not be doing more with the investments to cater for the loyalty.
Celtic Park should be open for away games, tours, followed by meal, followed by game live and let youngsters get a feel for the matchday experience in comfort and safety and build their confidence for been fans of the future.

We need to build a team that isn’t kamikaze away in Europe. Our performances away show clearly how weak our defence is. Benkovic and Boyata will be gone, one possibly in January, with Benkovic in the summer. That means two CB’s in January as well as a right back.

We also have to prepare in January for Ntcham going in the summer. We have lost real quality and replaced them with stop gaps.

A midfielder who can take a man on is a must as well as an additional striker.

We go into next weeks game in Germany needing to win but I can’t see us getting anything other than soundly beaten. Total incompetence has us where we are. By the time January comes we will be out of Europe unless we really step up

January is a worry with Disco Pete holding the tin. I have zero faith in him and hold him as the main guilty party why we have lost £60m and are weaker than last year.

I’ve given up hoping he will do what’s required. He us more concerned with the balance sheet guaranteeing his bonus. In January he needs to earn it, because up until now for me he has done fuck all but hinder us.

I think Celtic should make more use of the Celtic Family around the world. What a partnership that would be. But in return we (the Celtic Family) ought to have a voice on the Board. I know some dismiss the Celtic Family as a myth, but as a Bhoy abroad, I can say it is very real. The talent within the Celtic Family must be incredible... leveraging that could have enormous impact across a range of projects.

I think the scouting and academy should be a priority.

The great Tommy Burns set up Lennoxtown, and when he saw the end result he was absolutely raging.

There wasn’t even 1 full size indoor pitch.

Lawwell being Lawwell said there would be a phase 2 which would include this as well as sleeping quarters etc, - basically meaning the kids could train longer, get rest, it would also mean less hotel trips etc etc.

10 years later it’s still not even started.

Use some of the bloody money in the bank to do this - it’s not a gamble, - the 5 year old in the street knows it’s an investment.

We’re about to get another brutal winter and all the different age groups/first team will be training outside.

I’ve played 5 a sides in the tiny bit they have indoors at Lennoxtown, and it’s like a school gym hall.

Clubs like Ajax have been doing this for a long long time.

Once again they have another couple of players they are about to sell for around the £30 - £50 million pound mark(Frenkie De Jong and Matthijs De Ligt)

Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez and Christian Eriksen - there’s another £250 million of talent in the spurs team that all came through the Ajax Academy/or where scouted young by Ajax.

The set-ups at some of the teams in France are also brilliant.

Lyon have a team full of kids worth up to £50 million each also.

Benfica have made something like a £300 million profit in the transfer market in the last 10 years.

It’s not luck.

Our academy has been decent, but Tommy Burns spent time at Ajax and wanted ours to be similar.

The last striker that came through our academy(from a kid) and played for Scotland was Charlie Nicholas more than 30 years ago.

Shaun Maloney is the only other, he joined us at around 18.

I was hoping Brendan would have insisted on improving this area because he has experience from Chelsea.

Even they are bringing through guys valued at £50 million(Nathan Ake) that can’t even get a game.

What do you reckon?

If they banned all the snake media from CP and were more transparent in keeping fans in the loop through Celtic media?

We need to be faster upon identification of targets at getting deals finalised. This seems slow to backwards at times, imatim.

Fans need to know who is responsible for actions taken as we need to know who is adding value to their roles and who is lacking.

If they banned all the snake media from CP and were more transparent in keeping fans in the loop through Celtic media?

We need to be faster upon identification of targets at getting deals finalised. This seems slow to backwards at times, imatim.

Fans need to know who is responsible for actions taken as we need to know who is adding value to their roles and who is lacking.

Banning the snakes who write poison would be an excellent first step

The media side could do with a complete overhaul! You can see little improvements but things like CelticTV are cringworthy at times and far too expensive for the product it is

The German clubs have fan participation - by law they own 50% +1 of the shares ( except for two clubs due to historical reasons ) .
That should be our goal - not to just have a token fan or two on the Board , but control . Yes , pie in the sky stuff but surely a target for us to hit ?

Last edited:
The support is by far the club's greatest asset whatever the balance sheet says.

So much talent and goodwill out there that isn't harnessed.

Social media has brought things to life with diverse examples from the Kano Foundation through to the money raised to pay the Palestine flag fine.

Celtic Media? Lots to improve on, getting the pre-match media conferences up onto You Tube sharpish would help shape the agenda.

So much to improve on.

Anyone else think we should be doing something far more creative with the entrance music as we enter the pitch out the tunnel? I’m a big music fan an feel it would enhance the atmosphere. For example, many years back I felt Welcome to the Jungle (suppose it would be Welcome to the North Stand now! Hehe!) would rally the troops an create a real sense of foreboding in the opposition. Not that it has to unnerve, it could simply push endorphins and make for a better game for both teams. Better game, better we play I think given how pumped up we could be. Not that I’m deriding YNWA alone or the Celtic song or Let The People Sing. I love them. But why not change it up? And I mean LOUD music timed well. I can remember YNWA being timed so poorly Ricksen scored against us during it in 05. A downer. Anyone else see the possibilities here? Any tunes that could create a carnival of noise? Traditional songs can still be used. Euro nights it’s YNWA timed well. Unparalleled and appropriate given these matches are tougher. With the greatest of respect, when it’s Dundee at home, get a “dominant” tune on the go. Again, appropriate I feel. A joy, and always spine tingling. Let’s go for that in every game an make it contextual. Why not? Tune suggestions with reasons welcome.

BHH

This is an old problem but one that still has never been addressed, the transport infrastructure to n from Paradise is weak n antiquated. Still to this day the nearest train station is Brid
geton, still a billy boys adventure playground, Dalmarnock not much better! The forge may be a hub for a few bus routes but it's still the dark ages round Parkhead on matchdays. This crazy ban on parking is nothing short of insane too so its only going to get worse. I know it's more of a GCC responsibility but seeing how we've been advocating a train station at Parkhead all my life, don't see any help from them! Hopefully the land recently purchased with real cash will give fans an area to park safely Lot more needs to be done.

Re the Celtic lottery and halftime draw, there's now a Celtic lottery App, plus you can sign up for 4 or 5 quid a month...got approached outside the ground by a guy with a tablet...AND I.D....and signed up....The catering is poor,think there's been a thread about this. .. poor quality and over priced....Also I want 2 top quality midfielders, a right back, a centre half and if we could ask Messi to come over to make sure we get the Ten...well? you can only ask.

Re entrance music..love the Pouges...Thousands are sailing...see the traditional music thread...brilliant song..and thx to Deadner for putting it on the thread.

Time to remove Congerton. Time to build a defence. Time to get rid of Celtic Song and Let the people sing, and also tome to get some proper commentators on Celtic TV. They are a bit parochial. I almost want (and have tried on occasion) to mute the commentary. Every foul is 'surely a penalty' even near the half way line.

I think the scouting and academy should be a priority.

The great Tommy Burns set up Lennoxtown, and when he saw the end result he was absolutely raging.

There wasn’t even 1 full size indoor pitch.

Lawwell being Lawwell said there would be a phase 2 which would include this as well as sleeping quarters etc, - basically meaning the kids could train longer, get rest, it would also mean less hotel trips etc etc.

10 years later it’s still not even started.

Use some of the bloody money in the bank to do this - it’s not a gamble, - the 5 year old in the street knows it’s an investment.

We’re about to get another brutal winter and all the different age groups/first team will be training outside.

I’ve played 5 a sides in the tiny bit they have indoors at Lennoxtown, and it’s like a school gym hall.

Clubs like Ajax have been doing this for a long long time.

Once again they have another couple of players they are about to sell for around the £30 - £50 million pound mark(Frenkie De Jong and Matthijs De Ligt)

Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez and Christian Eriksen - there’s another £250 million of talent in the spurs team that all came through the Ajax Academy/or where scouted young by Ajax.

The set-ups at some of the teams in France are also brilliant.

Lyon have a team full of kids worth up to £50 million each also.

Benfica have made something like a £300 million profit in the transfer market in the last 10 years.

It’s not luck.

Our academy has been decent, but Tommy Burns spent time at Ajax and wanted ours to be similar.

The last striker that came through our academy(from a kid) and played for Scotland was Charlie Nicholas more than 30 years ago.

Shaun Maloney is the only other, he joined us at around 18.

I was hoping Brendan would have insisted on improving this area because he has experience from Chelsea.

Even they are bringing through guys valued at £50 million(Nathan Ake) that can’t even get a game.

I really like your comments, it’s imperative we invest further in Lennoxtown, I’ve been fortunate enough to have been up there myself and got to play on the Indoor facility a few times.... it’s very far from the standard we should be demanding, especially given Lennoxtowns very exposed location and our terrible winters. Can you imagine running outdoor sessions mid winter when it’s pissing down and the wind howling off the Campsies, surely it’s got to affect the quality of the sessions and ultimately the output. In a European sense we’re a club who can’t/won’t spend big (Edouard’s an exception) , so let’s unvest in a really top class facility to develop the first team, attract the best young talent and give them the best chance of succeeding.

Members online

Latest posts

Back