What i noticed

Colbhoy

Might be controversial but does anyone else think Oki Burke is over rated, poor control, poor vision & miss times his jumps.
On a better note what about Hayes for a new contract for cover for JT, or just on left wing.

Might be controversial but does anyone else think Oki Burke is over rated, poor control, poor vision & miss times his jumps.
On a better note what about Hayes for a new contract for cover for JT, or just on left wing.
Agree with you on both points. Burke has a first touch like an elephant. But to his credit, Rodgers has been playing him out of position.as for Johnny Hayes, I've been saying for a long time now that all he needed was a run in the team. He was goin well when he broke his leg. He didn't go from top three best players in Scotland to being shite, he just needed a chance. Similar to Ryan Christie!

I’ve been quite happy with his performances on the whole.He’s not a striker but has filled in pretty well and has to be given credit for that.He has also shown that he loves Celtic so not a bad start,we’ve got to give the boy a chance before slating him.We are still on for a treble treble and marching on to 10IAR.HH

I couldn't see the point of him occupying a jersey for six months and then beating it back to WBA.

But to his credit he's applied himself really well and given his all for the cause. Or maybe just to get himself match-fit again... Either way, Celtic have benefitted.

I reckon he's gotten to where he is in his career by being blessed with strength, pace and a good all-round physical presence; he looks a big unit for defenders to deal with.

Those are his strong attributes.

Where I am scratching my head, and maybe understanding why he's not in Germany any more is when it comes to his technical ability. A bit rough around the edges. Prone to clumsy touches, indecision, poor choices.

Impressions from his couple of months with us is that he's just short of being top-class but still more positives than negatives about him. Perhaps the right club, and the right manager could refine him.

Would I like him in a Celtic jersey permanently?

At a price. No more than £5 million, because that's what I think he's worth to us, top-line.

Oli is being played out of position, he always gives 100% for the cause and chases back to regain possession
I'd like to see Celtic keep him, his power, pace & physicality will be needed till the end of the season, especially against the hammer throwing teams
Jonny Hayes, same thing as far as giving 100% no matter where he's asked to play
Here's to a big 'bounce back' against Motherwell, should be a good game with both teams going for it from the ko
HH

Oli is being played out of position, he always gives 100% for the cause and chases back to regain possession
I'd like to see Celtic keep him, his power, pace & physicality will be needed till the end of the season, especially against the hammer throwing teams
Jonny Hayes, same thing as far as giving 100% no matter where he's asked to play
Here's to a big 'bounce back' against Motherwell, should be a good game with both teams going for it from the ko
HH

I can’t see us spending £10m+ on him. He gives his all and I like him, but can’t see it.

Burke is big,fast,fit,works hard but clueless. All that energy and no idea how to use it. Jonny Hayes is definitely worth another contract. Also lets get big Kris tied down till he's forty.

I couldn't see the point of him occupying a jersey for six months and then beating it back to WBA.

But to his credit he's applied himself really well and given his all for the cause. Or maybe just to get himself match-fit again... Either way, Celtic have benefitted.

I reckon he's gotten to where he is in his career by being blessed with strength, pace and a good all-round physical presence; he looks a big unit for defenders to deal with.

Those are his strong attributes.

Where I am scratching my head, and maybe understanding why he's not in Germany any more is when it comes to his technical ability. A bit rough around the edges. Prone to clumsy touches, indecision, poor choices.

Impressions from his couple of months with us is that he's just short of being top-class but still more positives than negatives about him. Perhaps the right club, and the right manager could refine him.

Would I like him in a Celtic jersey permanently?

At a price. No more than £5 million, because that's what I think he's worth to us, top-line.
This guy was bought as an expensive ornament by previous clubs ,but the coaching and deveolpment part has failed him
Brendan see's something different to his game ,something he may be able to develope futher ,last night he had 2 great runs but the end product lacked a bit

Most EPL clubs stockpile players the don't havea clue how to develope or man manage

We've got a manager that can spot talent and help develope it

Members online

Latest posts

Back