What Message Would You Like to Send to Peter Lawwell and the Celtic Board

I would ask him something like this. Do you really think that, for the highest CEO salary in British football, you have brought value for money? I ask this because you have sold our best players and exchanged them for inferior players to provide your bonus when a good CEO would be able to cover his or her own salary and merit a bonus based on the constantly and consistently improved strength and success of the company.

I think you have to add the dividend that is paid out by the Club annually to preferential share holders.....guess who that includes?...

To TET

Re some of the points you have alluded to.

Questions I have asked myself in the last wee while Re the Board and the coaching staff are -

Do we need a more tactically aware and modern manager with an insight in to how we can be much more competitive on the European stage?

Yes we do imo and they are out there. Look at the European teams and their managers that have beaten us on far less budgets.

Is our current coaching set up good enough?

I don’t think it is. What do we do on the training ground?
We continually make the same mistakes and are currently defensively and tactically naive and suspect.
Some deficiencies to get on with - (defending crossed balls - continually giving away stupid free kicks around the box - regularly playing players that go missing when the going gets tough - not being able to adjust quickly enough to necessary tactical changes - the questionable fitness level of the team, ala the drop in tempo in the last 20 mins or so - allowing players to play for themselves and not for the team - our failure to produce quality balls from dead ball situations - like for like predictable substitutions made when something more innovative and astute is called for - there’s so many basic mistakes being made and to me it’s not good enough and it shouldn’t be happening.

We need an overhaul, with a new modern and professional approach to the way we operate at every level imo. We are stale and rapidly regressing. We need a new CEO with any bonuses tied in to Champions League Group Stage qualification and a coaching staff with fresh, innovative and modern ideas. And we need it soon.

All in my view of course...
yes I fully agree

what you described is all how I see it.

But here's the obstacles to delivering it.

1. Celtic Fans won't accept a defensively set up team. Imo of course. But can you imagine celtic side setting up like Cluj against hearts? But you say only in europe. Aye but when your European style is vastly different to the way you play week in week out that 1 off switch of style is hard to pull off against a well oiled system.

IMO our players are good enough to beat the non sky teams in europe but the competition they face week in week and the tactics the opposition employ are not good build up for European fixtures against better oiled teams.

Sevco have pretty much same set up in europe as they have in scotland, they are ranked 2 and playing counter set up week in week out has allowed them chance to create a well oiled counter unit. Much like European sides.

I dont think Celtic Fans would wait 4 seasons of counter football winning jack just to get a 1 in 4 chance of title.

so main point 1 is Celtic Fans want a full blown attacking side with flair, since thats historically what celtic offered.

But I agree change in style to a clark style would be better in europe, but it will bore the big crowds imo.

2 Tactically more aware managers who have pedigree will want big wages to come to scotland. Now I dont like lennon style but it has been pretty effective. More so than most big non sky clubs who dont play counter attack.

Would you be happy for a counter attack style against lesser Scottish teams until they master it well enough to win week in week out albeit in a very compact methodical way?

I would love that shit. But majority of Celtic Fans want charge and flair. imo

hard to pull off charge on a budget in europe and if your charging every game in domestic switching to counter in europe is very difficult since you dont play it very often and charge just gets cut open by mediocre but well oiled system.

training

I know nothing about our training set up

I see lot of hearsay on this topic

But the players and managers and coaches all seem to think its good?

But again you want better coaches I want better coaches

How do you fund it and are they better than what we have?

easy to say we aren't very good at set pieces but what teams on our budget level are better?

Do better coaches just pay themselves?

you assume we dont have a modern top set up

And want better to compete with Sevco?

they are using some odd funding and claim they dont pay board and I dont rate their coaches better than our overall.

Which modern club coaching set up would you want?

if its better and affordable I want it too.

Who is the modern model you want implemented?

I think you have to add the dividend that is paid out by the Club annually to preferential share holders.....guess who that includes?...
dunno

why no explain it in plain?

And just out of curiosity what's preferential about these shares?

The horse has bolted so instead of looking for answers to questions we should be more worried who will replace Lawwell ,you can beat they have a ready made replacement working to the same model as lawwell
what kind of ceo would you like?

To TET

Re some of the points you have alluded to.

Questions I have asked myself in the last wee while Re the Board and the coaching staff are -

Do we need a more tactically aware and modern manager with an insight in to how we can be much more competitive on the European stage?

Yes we do imo and they are out there. Look at the European teams and their managers that have beaten us on far less budgets.

Is our current coaching set up good enough?

I don’t think it is. What do we do on the training ground?
We continually make the same mistakes and are currently defensively and tactically naive and suspect.
Some deficiencies to get on with - (defending crossed balls - continually giving away stupid free kicks around the box - regularly playing players that go missing when the going gets tough - not being able to adjust quickly enough to necessary tactical changes - the questionable fitness level of the team, ala the drop in tempo in the last 20 mins or so - allowing players to play for themselves and not for the team - our failure to produce quality balls from dead ball situations - like for like predictable substitutions made when something more innovative and astute is called for - there’s so many basic mistakes being made and to me it’s not good enough and it shouldn’t be happening.

We need an overhaul, with a new modern and professional approach to the way we operate at every level imo. We are stale and rapidly regressing. We need a new CEO with any bonuses tied in to Champions League Group Stage qualification and a coaching staff with fresh, innovative and modern ideas. And we need it soon.

All in my view of course...
Spot on

Bolingoli 3m,Jullien 7/8m,Ajeti 5m,Duffy on crazy wages,Barkas 5m .We can go back to Rodgers if you want Bayo 4m 😂Have any of these players impressed you?I reckon we could signed better players for less money,maybe some of the wasted money could have been spent on a quality manager?
Would add to that a half fit simonovic is a better centre half option than Duffy

what kind of ceo would you like?
One who treats customers like fans and defends the fans instead of attacking them and putting out pathetic meelymouth statements

who stands up and calls out the smears from the press takes action against them , there muted silence on the peter smith tape was an utter disgrace

who takes the sfa /spfl to task and calls out the appointments and actions of biased refs

also have the balls to lead a restructure or even better the dismantling of the sfa and there draconian rules

someone who isn't content to sit at the back of the bus and give up or share there seat so easily

None of that will happen ,,,,not ever

what would be better would be for the absentee landlord to either selll up or take a day to day running of the club ,because so far he's made just as much of a cnt of it as lawwell has

Members online

Latest posts

Back