What Message Would You Like to Send to Peter Lawwell and the Celtic Board

Ok lets re frame it

McGinn shafts Celtic on principle

Blames Lawell for not jumping through hoops to sign a potential bench warmer who didn't add value to first team from his track record at smaller clubs

He was a free agent in matter of weeks but Celtic are skinflints for not offering wage that was unjustifiable for the role offered to player.

Players loved celtic so much he waited till he had got a much better offer before frantically trying to get a tug of war wage increase

But he loves celtic

And lawell doesnt

I dont believe a word of the recent hearsay around Mcginn

unless he said it himself
OK let's reframe it. As always you are pushing your opinions as facts and every other person that doesn't think exactly the same way as you is wrong. I'm sure McGinn is losing sleep that you don't believe him.

His signings were mostly good and some bad and I've yet to see any manager who isnt the same. Leicester have budget conditions compared to the Manchester clubs chelsea etc and yet he is doing extremely well with a provisional club. Thanks to sky cash thevmost hes spent on a player is 40million for teilemans , a great signing btw. The rest are you're average 20-30 million EPL transfers. Nothing like the 100 million , 90 million type of the big clubs and still hes made them a top 6 club and has a great chance of making that a top 4 club again this season.i know you hate rodgers for sneaking out when everyone was sleeping but to question his abilities is ludicrous. I hate sevco but cant deny that theyve racked up some decent results in Europe. I also dont hate Rodgers, just the way he left, lifes to short for me anyway to run around hating him for the successes he brought then leaving. To say that hes not an astute manager is nothing more than the hatred that you have for him surfacing TET you should let it go and focus on what he gave us which has sadly been let to drift away
I dont agree and im out

you like rodgers

I thought he was terrible manager

good coach useless for celtic long term

im not gonna say anymore on it

OK let's reframe it. As always you are pushing your opinions as facts and every other person that doesn't think exactly the same way as you is wrong. I'm sure McGinn is losing sleep that you don't believe him.
I haven't pushed any opinions as facts

thats a lie

you have hit out with a pile of conjecture based on second had hearsay and your calling it factual

not me buddy

look im out

im no interested in the debate anymore

I hope celtic fix their problems

ive laid out best defence I can for food for thought

At no point have I said my opinion is factual

all my opinions are tempered with caution

you want lawell sacked im happy

you want lenny sacked im happy

you want bigger wages im happy

im out

god bless

I dont agree and im out

you like rodgers

I thought he was terrible manager

good coach useless for celtic long term

im not gonna say anymore on it
A terrible manager?? wouldnt have delivered what he did and it can only be the hatred of his leaving. I'll bet you thought otherwise when he was delivering hunskelkping so regularly the likes of which weve never seen before.

A terrible manager?? wouldnt have delivered what he did and it can only be the hatred of his leaving. I'll bet you thought otherwise when he was delivering hunskelkping so regularly the likes of which weve never seen before.
worst manager celtic have ever had

advocaat was more astute and he killed rangers

got a good cv from killing them though

and really that it im not gonna debate the rat anymore

Fred the shred was greatest ceo in scotland till it turned out he was actually overspending at rapid rate.

im sure there are still some people who remember the short term love in as good management though

the only time I mention rodgers is in reply to his hero status and when people suggest the next dude should be in his mold

thats part of the failed way imo

Lawell is evil
rodgers is hero to too many people

lawell might well be rat

but the evidence presented against him is usually not quite balanced

im all for sacking Jim and building a better future with better coaches and better training and better players and lower costs

magic lets get it done

sack lenny for his massive screw ups
sack lawell for his stewardship over last couple seasons and failures

But gonna bring in somebody better and cheaper please

better most important
I'm glad tet you have finally agreed that a better structure can be done and within budget and can still keep the club financially sound and back to winning ways again.
Will never agree with you on your vision and opinions on Rodgers mind you.
I will maintain given the vision of what Rodgers wanted and becoming competitive in Europe again would have depended on investment from CL money available, which in turn would have given us the players to have strolled to 10iar and beyond, will always maintain that was not in the plans of PL traitor where the survival of the scum was seen as more important

I'm glad tet you have finally agreed that a better structure can be done and within budget and can still keep the club financially sound and back to winning ways again.
Will never agree with you on your vision and opinions on Rodgers mind you.
I will maintain given the vision of what Rodgers wanted and becoming competitive in Europe again would have depended on investment from CL money available, which in turn would have given us the players to have strolled to 10iar and beyond, will always maintain that was not in the plans of PL traitor where the survival of the scum was seen as more important
I have always said it can be done.

hahahahaha

It can be done by taking operational costs above operational income in short term but that is where we are now.

Not some Del Boy land

We are over the operational budget already

And its gonna take some short term pain to rebalance the club both on off the pitch

But if they make the mistake of bringing in another rodgers type we will go backwards long term just like we did when he hiked up wages above safe operating income and created a wage structure that depends on CL just to break even/minimal profit.

Thats the whole point ive always made.
it can be done but I dont think it cant be done by being even less tight with wages.

if anything we need to get tighter with wages and cut the crud overpaid dross from the team and buying specifically targeted players who fit the missing balance in our squad

of course it can be done.

im just no sure the people who want change want the change that involves cutting our cloth

if they think our board is frugal then they will be shocked imo if next dude is a wee fergus, wee fergus was frugal but he saved club by being like that.

this board are far from frugal

wasteful yes very wasteful

inefficient yes inefficient

biscuit tin

no

Most ridiculous and untrue thing I think I've ever seen you post TET
It is true

He had the worst opposition we ever had
He had the highest wage bill we ever had
He quite possibly was a glib and shameless liar
He connived
He brought torpor and hubris
He brought mediocre players mostly all overpaid

And he doesnt fit the historical idealism of what Celtic are about.

IMO

by far the worst thing celtic ever did.

Not a patch on
any of the other managers up to Mcniel

He is not a Celtic man

He is everything thats rank about humanity

but he is a good coach

but he a multi millionaire being a rat and people love it

weird

here's how astute he was at adding value before we signed him

Shocking recriutment,yes,a few diamonds but 33 players signed,in just over 2 years,if he stayed, he would;ve set them back for years, came up here,succesful yes,but could have bankrupted us!seems we havent learned our lesson, instead of targetting,3 or 4 quality players,we go scattergun,signing loads of dross,useless,for around 3 million a pop plus wages

Shocking recriutment,yes,a few diamonds but 33 players signed,in just over 2 years,if he stayed, he would;ve set them back for years, came up here,succesful yes,but could have bankrupted us!seems we havent learned our lesson, instead of targetting,3 or 4 quality players,we go scattergun,signing loads of dross,useless,for around 3 million a pop plus wages
Add that to the shite he signed for us

I have always said it can be done.

hahahahaha

It can be done by taking operational costs above operational income in short term but that is where we are now.

Not some Del Boy land

We are over the operational budget already

And its gonna take some short term pain to rebalance the club both on off the pitch

But if they make the mistake of bringing in another rodgers type we will go backwards long term just like we did when he hiked up wages above safe operating income and created a wage structure that depends on CL just to break even/minimal profit.

Thats the whole point ive always made.
it can be done but I dont think it cant be done by being even less tight with wages.

if anything we need to get tighter with wages and cut the crud overpaid dross from the team and buying specifically targeted players who fit the missing balance in our squad

of course it can be done.

im just no sure the people who want change want the change that involves cutting our cloth

if they think our board is frugal then they will be shocked imo if next dude is a wee fergus, wee fergus was frugal but he saved club by being like that.

this board are far from frugal

wasteful yes very wasteful

inefficient yes inefficient

biscuit tin

no
You just answered your own question there and the whole points we have been trying to make for days now.
Wasteful very
Inefficient very
These are all the points we have been trying to make.
You have tended to complicate things by making claims that are just unjustified.
So take the waste of current on signings during the summer.
Turnbull, great value for money.
Duffy been a total waste with a possible loss of 4m
Moi another loss of 3m
Ajeti so far another loss of about 6m and climbing
Barkas again not shown value either again about 6m

So at a rough guess we have wasted 20m plus as I would be sure we could still be paying wages on sum we have currently got out on loan.
If you top that up with wages that are currently been paid for fuck all in return, I am sure blows your argument out of the water on waste and ineffective.
I will maintain that a budget is available if used far far better than the two clowns lenny and Lawell have used it thus far.
It also confirms what lubo claimed on waste on the scouting missions which has been very hit and miss, yet the hits have been under Rodgers watch more so than lennys.
We seen last night how short we still remain at getting the younger players up to standard of becoming of 1st team standards, which still remains a possibility only if a manager with good foresight and judgement backed with a far superior coaching staff than of present.
We are still currently in a position where we can't afford the ready made player with the budget available but still can be used far better than has been since Rodgers left imo

But this is the whole thing MD, we are still none the wiser on who is having the final say on player recruitment, as most seem to be bought as projects in the hope of making a profit but not ready to walk into the 1st team squad.
So who is responsible for this as a vision as it still maintains

It is true

He connived

IMO

Not a patch on

He is not a Celtic man

but he is a good coach

weird
IMO was the only sensible thing you said there. So what? Just forget about the Rodgers years as if they never happened ? Not a patch on the rest up to McNeil? Macri, mowbray, barnes, dalglish I could name every Celtic manager going past McNeil and Rodgers achievements wouldnt stand up for you because you hate him, that's fair enough, so are his achievements for Celtic they're irrefutable facts man . I couldn't care less anymore how he left that was seasons ago but hatred weighs heavy

It is true

He connived

IMO

Not a patch on

He is not a Celtic man

but he is a good coach

weird
Idc if hes a Celtic man or not he is a top manager or coach some do both the fact hes working as one in the EPL sort of backs that up , he was here it was brilliant then he left still was brilliant now its shite I care less about his lifestyle or wages he paid or poor signings I am only interested in the success he brought not how much it cost because were rich club and we survive and he brought spectacular success

You just answered your own question there and the whole points we have been trying to make for days now.
Wasteful very
Inefficient very
These are all the points we have been trying to make.
You have tended to complicate things by making claims that are just unjustified.
So take the waste of current on signings during the summer.
Turnbull, great value for money.
Duffy been a total waste with a possible loss of 4m
Moi another loss of 3m
Ajeti so far another loss of about 6m and climbing
Barkas again not shown value either again about 6m

So at a rough guess we have wasted 20m plus as I would be sure we could still be paying wages on sum we have currently got out on loan.
If you top that up with wages that are currently been paid for fuck all in return, I am sure blows your argument out of the water on waste and ineffective.
I will maintain that a budget is available if used far far better than the two clowns lenny and Lawell have used it thus far.
It also confirms what lubo claimed on waste on the scouting missions which has been very hit and miss, yet the hits have been under Rodgers watch more so than lennys.
We seen last night how short we still remain at getting the younger players up to standard of becoming of 1st team standards, which still remains a possibility only if a manager with good foresight and judgement backed with a far superior coaching staff than of present.
We are still currently in a position where we can't afford the ready made player with the budget available but still can be used far better than has been since Rodgers left imo
The arguments ive been hearing are

we aren't wasting enough money

we should be bringing in even more expensive players because the really expensive ones this season are Del Boy biscuit tin stuff

At no point has anyone argued lets cut the waste of money
they have been arguing that rodgers type manager with pedigree is what we really need

And my arguments are they are even more wasteful of resources which we cant afford

Lenny has been shite Sack him
Lawell has been shite because he wasting money Sack him

but dont hit out

he needs to go coz x y z on the p r q site says he is secretly buying players he wants or rodgers is greatest thing in sliced bread

lawell is evil

IMO was the only sensible thing you said there. So what? Just forget about the Rodgers years as if they never happened ? Not a patch on the rest up to McNeil? Macri, mowbray, barnes, dalglish I could name every Celtic manager going past McNeil and Rodgers achievements wouldnt stand up for you because you hate him, that's fair enough, so are his achievements for Celtic they're irrefutable facts man . I couldn't care less anymore how he left that was seasons ago but hatred weighs heavy
after mCNeil

I didn't say anything about forgeting

im all for remembering the damage he did and we are living in

he took wealth burned it ran away

he took talent used it ran away

if you have unlimited resources and most big epl teams have as close as you can get due to the tv bungs then a glib shameless rodgers cn help your team at top end

we are not in the criteria

but part of the damage he did is make people think we are in that boat

and they want competition in signings with those clubs

And thats the fall out we are in

couple of duff(y) signings and we are in big trouble

the safety net is gone its time to rebalance club

just like it was after Oniel

think you got mixed up with McNeil

Key point is you dont care if our club collapses coz its just success that interests you?

cause another rodgers money burner and we are goose

I dont hate rodgers

I just dont rate him

I get offended when people put him as worthy which he was not

Oh and I suspect he more of a tory than our entire board

McNeil Hay McNiel Stein Mcgrory Maley were all legends in my book

Look at my teeth is a fraud

but sometimes the superficial charm rubs off on some people especially if they get to outspend their rivals by at least 50 to 1 and have a team that started as champions before he kicked a ball

and a huge bank balance to spend and a huge operational budget to treble

under those conditions the spending spree alone can raise lots of players motivation short term

but when they get that as normal then the new guys want those mega wages or they will rock the boat.

thats the fall out

but you just want wins

dont care how he managed it

he is your hero

good

Back