What to do with Ntcham?

Prague67Bhoy

I like the big fella and he is clearly a top notch footballer, but how does he best fit into our midfield given our results of late?
If Leicester City was up for it, I would use him as makeweight to try to tempt Leicester to part with Filip Benković.

Unless Ollie has indicated to Celtic that he wants away then I would keep him, the guy is a class act who is just out of form imho, Cant see Leicester wanting a deal for Fil in January anyway. Also I think they would be more interested in Dedryck B incase McGuire does go.

Ntcham is the type of player we need to retain. The issue just now is that Calmac and Christie are playing so well that we simply can't drop them. But it's the knowledge that Ntcham, Brown, etc are desperate to play that should ensure that the current first picks maintain their high standards.

I like the big fella and he is clearly a top notch footballer, but how does he best fit into our midfield given our results of late?
If Leicester City was up for it, I would use him as makeweight to try to tempt Leicester to part with Filip Benković.

Hmmm it would depend on Harry Maguire leaving the Foxes and heading to Man U

If it were possible to achieve this though it would be a terrific call

Leicester paid £13 million for the Croatian and we paid Man City £4.5 million for the Frenchman How much does our bringing through their CB increase his value by and how does N'tcham's bench warming activities affect his?

I reckon we'd need to offer N'tcham PLUS at least another £10million

If CALMAC were to leave the Club we'd be scuttling around for a replacement when N'tcham would fit the bill so let's not be too hasty and let's see what the next transfer window achieves

HH

Unless Ollie has indicated to Celtic that he wants away then I would keep him, the guy is a class act who is just out of form imho, Cant see Leicester wanting a deal for Fil in January anyway. Also I think they would be more interested in Dedryck B incase McGuire does go.

That is a good shout. If I had the decision to make I would do just about anything to land Filip Benković on a permanent deal. If Leicester were interested in Boyata that would be a win-win.

Hmmm Michel would depend on Harry Maguire leaving the Foxes and heading to Man U

If it were possible to achieve this though it would be a terrific call

Leicester paid £13 million for the Croatian and we paid Man City £4.5 million for the Frenchman How much does our bringing through their CB increase his price and how does N'tcham's bench warming activities affect his?

I reckon we'd need to offer N'tcham PLUS at least another £10million

If CALMAC were to leave the Club we'd be scuttling around for a replacement when N'tcham would fit the bill so let's not be too hasty and let's see what the next transfer window achieves

HH

I would not want to think about Calmac leaving.

I would not want to think about Calmac leaving.

But it's something that may need dealing with

And not just CALMAC either What Celtic should do is get him on an extended contract like Rogic KT and Forrest and cover their bases so that if he does leave them we have increased bargaining powers

HH ?

ffs, we've only being playing with this new mid personnel for a handful of games.

Sam Jackson is a Hunskelper. Of course he's vital to the team.

In fact, I'd start with him and Broon as first names on the teamsheet for the 29th. Build the Mordor massacre around them.
yep defo and big Ncham is in the plans when Celtic won the title in 1966/67 season they had a squad of 24 players.

Why would we want to get rid of a quality midfield player - we sold Armstrong so we are not massively over burdened with talent . Lots of games to play , injuries will happen , loss of from too , as has been mentioned above .... No ! Plenty of time come next summer to discuss midfield options .

As for a trade/part exchange deal for Benkovic , we are talking funny money with the EPL - and could we convince the young man to stay in Scotland ?

keep what we have,everyone has to step to the plate when picked,brendan was disappointed with the stand ins against motherwell, n'tcham and broony will have their parts to play and no chance of keeping big benko! HH

Ntcham is a class player! So glad he signed a new deal. He could be away in summer at earliest but hope not.
First time seen him play it was obvious this lad has great talent and will eventually leave for high end champions league teammuch the same as Eddy will be too in coupla years.

Calmac is bit different, been here all his career n can't see him going for a while. He'll be a Celtic legend n will definitely be here for the 10

The only thing I'd say about big Olivier is he seems like the type of player who needs a run of games to really shine. I don't think we'll see the best of him if we just bring him in for the off shift when McPirlo needs a break.

He's still a class player, however, and there's no way we should be selling him any time soon.

Why would we want to get rid of a quality midfield player - we sold Armstrong so we are not massively over burdened with talent . Lots of games to play , injuries will happen , loss of from too , as has been mentioned above .... No ! Plenty of time come next summer to discuss midfield options .

As for a trade/part exchange deal for Benkovic , we are talking funny money with the EPL - and could we convince the young man to stay in Scotland ?

See ! Lots of reasons for keeping Ntcham - look at the team tonight - lightweight in midfield until Brown + Ntcham came on . Plus , sadly , we look like losing Christie for a while .

Was really disappointed in him for the first goal last night. He left KT to mark two guys and just stood 25 yards off the RBS players. Like him but was spitting feathers at that moment.
HH

Ntcham is the type of player we need to retain. The issue just now is that Calmac and Christie are playing so well that we simply can't drop them. But it's the knowledge that Ntcham, Brown, etc are desperate to play that should ensure that the current first picks maintain their high standards.
Christie is out for the next while so it’s up to nitcham to get back in form cos he is top quality

I guess it is time to resurrect this conversation. Given our need for improving our back line, would the trade of Ntcham for cash plus defender be worth considering?

Members online

Latest posts

Back