What to do with Ntcham?

I guess it is time to resurrect this conversation. Given our need for improving our back line, would the trade of Ntcham for cash plus defender be worth considering?

Conflicted over the Ntcham question.

His performances have been erratic at best, going from dominating games to totally abject and I know a lot of the support had him binned after the 29th, although almost to a man we we were rotten on the day.

To me, he's a young player whose inconsistencies can only be improved on by run a team, and with the amount of changes in the midfield week on week (wrongly in my mind) its not unlikely he'll be back in the team soon.

I think accepting a bid just now (although 14m if true would be a steal)
would be cutting our losses without seeing the best of Ntcham, which I don't think we have yet.

The only players who should be leaving this window are those on the fringes of the squad or completely out of the picture. Ntcham should be playing in a midfield three with McGregor and Christie in the post split run of games up to and including Valencia. We keep him then re-assess in the summer when we can have a replacement lined up if we decide to sell. If we are a club that wants to buy in potential, develop and sell at a profit then we need to be better at when we sell. To do that we need to be better at recruitment and have plans in place for replacements.

The only players who should be leaving this window are those on the fringes of the squad or completely out of the picture. Ntcham should be playing in a midfield three with McGregor and Christie in the post split run of games up to and including Valencia. We keep him then re-assess in the summer when we can have a replacement lined up if we decide to sell. If we are a club that wants to buy in potential, develop and sell at a profit then we need to be better at when we sell. To do that we need to be better at recruitment and have plans in place for replacements.

I think that about sums up my feelings too.
Ntcham hasn't been great of late, but perhaps he is carrying an injury. On his game he is brilliant.
We need better scouting to identify top talent. Celtic is still a huge draw, and many players in Central and South Eastern Europe would jump at the chance to join us. Continually selling the family silver will not allows us to make progress.

He's a really good player on his day but has been severely short changing the club toward the end of last year, was an empty shirt on the Huns game, like a lot of them I'll admit. If his heed is at Celtic defo keep, but otherwise I'd take the 15 mill and buy someone who wants to be at Celtic

Like any young player he will be inconsistent, but clearly the talent is there. If he wants away then £14-15m is ok but I'd want a % of any future deals which could be double or more

Back