What was your first arrest?

17 years old and got lifted by the dicey bunnets, at 1 in the morning, on a Monday, as I was walking home from my mates
We took turns every second weekend, staying at his place, Friday night to Sunday, our house the next
It worked, as we would go for a few pints on the Friday, match Saturday, then it would be driving up to the city, or down to Largs, in search of a lumber, or six
Panda car pulls up
"What's in the bag ?"
"Claes"
"Where did you get them ?"
"Ma hoose"
Where are you taking them ?"
"Ma hoose"
"Get in the car"
"Naw yer awrite, I'll walk"
I turn to leave, and the big polis gets out and grabs me arm, twists my suit sleeve and tries to get my arm up my back
The sergeant gets out to help him, and they bundle me into the back of the wee Panda car
As we set off for what I believe was the cop shop, the passenger looks around and then cracks me in the face
I tried to get on the floor and shouted "Thanks"
This did not go down too well and he started punching me on the arms and body
They didn't take me to jail, they took me home and all the while, the one cop kept pulling my long hair and bouncing my head against the wall
My Mother nearly fainted as they asked if I lived there...
Then the cop banged my head once too many times and I kneed him in the balls
Upshot was, I was left with my folks to be dealt with
I think the charge was going to be 'Drunk & Uncatchable, & refusing to fight wi' the polis'
My Dad wasn't best pleased (he was boxer in his time and always told me never to bring the police to our door)
He chinned me after the door was shut
So, a nice big shiner from the polis, and a sore jaw from my Dad
Lesson learned, in those days, if the polis' stop you...take to your heels
As previously stated...I was a good boy

Last edited:
17 years old and got lifted by the dicey bunnets, at 1 in the morning, on a Monday, as I was walking home from my mates
We took turns every second weekend, staying at his place, Friday night to Sunday, our house the next
It worked, as we would go for a few pints on the Friday, match Saturday, then it would be driving up to the city, or down to Largs, in search of a lumber, or six
Panda car pulls up
"What's in the bag ?"
"Claes"
"Where did you get them ?"
"Ma hoose"
Where are you taking them ?"
"Machoose"
"Get in the car"
"Naw yer awrite, I'll walk"
I turn to leave, and the big polis gets out and grabs me arm, twists my suit sleeve and tries to get my arm up my back
The sergeant gets out to help him, and they bundle me into the back of the wee Panda car
As we set off for what I believe was the cop shop, the passenger looks around and then cracks me in the face
I tried to get on the floor and shouted "Thanks"
This did not go down too well and he started punching me on the arms and body
They didn't take me to jail, they took me home and all the while, the one cop kept pullingmy long hair and bouncing my head against the wall
My Mother nearly fainted as they asked if I lived there...
Then the cop banged my head once too many times and I kneed him in the balls
Upshot was, I was left with my folks to be dealt with
I think the charge was going to be 'Drunk & Uncatchable, & refusing to fight wi' the polis'
My Dad wasn't best pleased ( he was boxer in his time and always told me never to bring the police to our door)
He chinned me after the door was shut
So, a nice big shiner from the polis and a sore jaw from my Dad
Lesson learned, in those days, if the polis' stop you...take to your heels
As previously stated...I was a good boy
Everydays a learnin day D!

Coming out of Celtic park after a midweek game against the huns I nearly got lifted, bottom of Janefield street there was a wee mound with a few dozen Celtic fans on it a cop van was getting pelted with bricks etc when suddenly the back door flew open 2 of Scotland's finest jump out grab the nearest to the van saying you'll do ya wee c### , well that wee c### was me. Fortunately my dad's mate was right behind me and shouted to my dad that I was getting arrested, most of the rest of my dad's mate the surrounded the van and got me out after a few scuffles, I remember him threatening one of the c#### with the scrambled egg hats that if I wasn't released immediately he was getting it.

The bastards just wanted an arrest and escape because they were getting pelted from up the wee mound.

I didn't trust the c#### before that and I never have since.

One thing always remembered by the Mining family was the support we got from all walks of life in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 it was truely humbling to realise we were not on our own. We got support that we didn’t expect from areas around the country and the world which kept us going when we were at our lowest.
And for that Thank you

HH 👏🙏
A van, a crossbow and a drive round darkest ayrshire used to result in a few sheep to be butchered and handed around the pit communities.

Whit a cannae get ma heid roon JamSam,we knew MacGregor wiz importin and stockpiling coal,then Scargill called the strike...........in the summer,feckin Culloden moment
We voted year prior any colliery threatened with Economic closure we strike they knew this and started the ball rolling and the Media started calling for a vote and for months that’s all that was heard we were in a poor place MD
Normally you see it coming so you start O/t and work to rule get the stockpiles of coal down The real thing that lost the Strike was NACODS the deputy’s and Oversmen who kept the pits open if they backed the NUM with the in place safety and no production
Maggie would have lost but they didn’t they ramped up the production But it Started in March 84 And we had a great summer
They planned everything and got the weather
Bastards
Ps Maggie spent Billions to beat the Miners

HH 😱

Last edited:
Aye, don't have much time for the Polis, but the wan my daughter going wae seems a decent bloke, apparently he had popped up tae check I was ok on Saturday, unfortunately I was drunk & stoned oot ma box. He told my daughter, "yer da was asleep".

I found out tae night, but I had already been rumbled apparently an unopened bottle of Malt Whisky was found under the couch, Aye I've been rumbled sent Mrs & Daughter away for weekend break, bashed the bookies for a good few huner & got purefuckinmadwae, now I'm getting Kinged(cold shoulder) Convicted by a Kangaroo Court & jury, personally I think the judge influenced the juror. The next time they want a wee break they can fund it Thur fuckin selfs 🤔😂😂😂
🥃🥃Sláinte

The times I've been face to face with the plod. Should of been lifted and wasn't is a few. Mostly daft stuff.
They have been happy just to move you on if they are convinced that you will go home. Or you can at least say sorry.

Best one me and my brothers should of all got lifted was a local dancing.

We pumped the Huns. Went out right after full time. Same cunts in the dancing that were over the other side of the pub earlier.

The bouncers caught wind of it. We didn't notice. All the Huns left at 1:45.
We were all juiced up ready to take them on.
It had been brewing all day.
The evacuated all of the staunch and threw them in cabs.
We missed that part. Mid party
It was just us left.
True to fame me and my brothers started arguing because there was no one left.
Embarrassment of our name.
Argued over the honour of something...ffs
Scrapped the middle one. Rolled about on the deck and got up. Scrapped the wee one and threw him on top of the middle one.
Middle one got up and tried to shake my hand and nutted me.
Punches flew.
The three of us battered each other.

The shout "filth"

We stood together. Black eyes, burst lips and bloody nosed.

Copper said "I watched you head but that man, watched him punch you"

The youngest brother was the worst (on the camera) picking us off with shots lol.

The copper said " your getting jailed" to me

I'm standing with both brothers arm round each all of us busted up.
Both of them started kicking off.
"Naw he is paying the taxi and has the only key for our maws"

Copper looked at us ...." brothers?...get to fuck ya bunch of fuckin idiots"

The only other point of note was a scuffle my mate was in. Involving a bird I was mates with and he was a whitness.
I was on day two of a arches, sub club flip.
The middle brother had a missing persons report as they had fucked off to Edinburgh for a radiohead gig the day before and missed school. (Met cunts and decided to sleep rough and get wasted)
My wee proddy gran decided to go to lunch at my maws that same day.
I had a warrant due to a failed court appearance. Woke up in a state I wouldn't want to repeat.
Love the lads they had a suit in a car ready to drive it to me.
Lucky the assault lad pled guilty or my warrant would of been real.
Middle brother and Dave showed up at 6pm fresh from catching 40winks at Edinburghs bus station.

My poor wee granny tried to be shocked.
Wasn't till I got older that I realised she had seen that stupid shit ...at least once ...probably twice..mibi trice

Got myself & Wee brother lifted on his 18th Birthday, went tae Dunoon for a pub crawl a barman got wide wae him, about his age, Big roidboy chap in the bar grabbed Wee bro, I dropped the Big Tit, Wee barman shat it phoned Police, Wee Bro hooked the barman offski oot the door right in tae the filth, Ma Mum & Da(God rest them) had tae come & get us, we got an Inspectors caution. Never been back tae Dunoon since. 😂 😂 😂

Got myself & Wee brother lifted on his 18th Birthday, went tae Dunoon for a pub crawl a barman got wide wae him, about his age, Big roidboy chap in the bar grabbed Wee bro, I dropped the Big Tit, Wee barman shat it phoned Police, Wee Bro hooked the barman offski oot the door right in tae the filth, Ma Mum & Da(God rest them) had tae come & get us, we got an Inspectors caution. Never been back tae Dunoon since. 😂 😂 😂
Dunoon...a shitehole

Members online

No members online now.

Back