What's our best 11?

CelticForever

I'd like a 4-1-3-2
Gordon - but surely we need to be looking at someone else for next season

Ralston, Ajer, Benkovic, Tierney - they are the only 4 defenders of note that we really have...where's our depth?

McGregor - We still have Broonie. I still believe in him but for how long?

Forest, Rogic, Christie - again, who else of any quality do we really have (Ntcham if he gets his hunger back but I'm not sure he wants to stay)

Eddie, Griff - we need more options here too but Mikey Johnson is coming through well so surely we need to stop loan signings to let him flourish

What do you guys think?

Gordon.
Ralston, Boyata, Bencovic Tierney.
Mcg, Christie, Rogic.
Forrest, Eddy, Sinclair.

For me that's the strongest team when fit. Ones a loan, ones out of contract in the summer, ones not quite ready and two are so inconsistent it's ridiculous.

Edouard Griffiths Forrest

Ntcham Mcgregor Brown

Tierney Boyata Benkovic RB Priority Signing

Gordon

I think we need a a real powerful classy dynamic Centre forward of age approx 28
Ralston would be good understudy for a proper powerful dynamic Right back again ideally 28 but hungry.
I dont see edouard as out and out striker more like an inside left to me.

I think its problematic to have young guys in first team ahead of older guys. And if the young guy is the best option the older more experienced player should be cut from the wage bill and sold to someone who sees him as first team regular.

With that in mind, I think Lustig should be punted along with sinclair, Biton, Compper, hayes, izzy (unless he quite happy to get very little game time) Mulumbo and dare i say it Rogic. I Like rogic but he isnt quite a midfielder or a forward and well his poor stamina make him a luxury for home games only.

Needa couple of high quality midfielders with proven histroy but most importantly great deal of hunger for titles.

And i think we need a better option in goal. Gordon is very good at certain things but overall i think we need someone bit younger and better distribution and leadership skills.

We need striker probably two
We need Right back
And we probably still need 2 powerful expereinced quality CBs

But Right back is the first signing that is needed in my book.

Love Lustig passion but he just ait good enough anymore and if Gamboa cant get ahead of Lustig in pecking order he must be gash.

Any passengers who cant be arsed if we win title or not must be punted asap, even if it means taking hit on them to get the squad numbers down.

I realise what i wrote is highly controvertial to some. But I think half the problem with motivation is when you have a senior player getting little to no game-time, and therefore, down pecking order behind wee boys. When experienced players are down the pecking order i think it causes off field problems, so if you are older than the managers first team choice then its time to ship that player out unless he is so professional he doesnt mind getting rare game time.

It is Not healthy to have expereinced fit players sitting on bench behind youngsters. So if they are over 26 and not first choice or not good enough to nail a place for whatever reason, then its time to ship him out and find a first team player who is experienced and good enough to strengthen the first team.

I think the young players would develop better if they have better players than them at club older than them and more reliable and hungry.

I dont think ralston can learn from Lustig because I dont think he has been good enough for a long time. Therefore, it is time to let him go, he is now a liability all too often.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the team.

Think our best formation with our players is 433 or variation on 433

I persoanlly prefer 442 but we dont have the players to play that system.

In my heart of hearts I also kind of think Rodgers isnt the right man for Celtic. He is great coach but i think he too much a luxury aesthetic dude and well his lack of fixing the obvious issues are making me trust him less and less without much improvement, if any.

I genuinely think if you could clone our squad and give every single manager in premier league the same cloned players to chose from, I dont think rodgers would be the most effiicient manager, and I also dont think he would win the league or any cups very often. Very controversial I know, but I dont think he gets the best out of the players very often and if anything I think he too stubborn with dire system without any real idea how to change the system.

Thats just my guy feeling. I havent been that impressed with his overall signing quality or the value for money side of stuff.

He just dosent inspire me with confidence.
I think there are better managers to be had for his massive wages.
He has great record for winning in Scotland but tbh I think we should be stronger for the money we are shelling out on wages currently, and we carry too much dead weight which cant be good for the players not getting gametime or generally value for money or entertainment.

Also, I blame rodgers for deliberalty picking weird selections to put board in hard place by showing them the quality of our younger inexperienced players isnt quite high enough to win regularly, especially away from home against hardened profeesionals.

But again thats bad management in my mind.

Last edited:

Ntcham Mcgregor Brown

Gordon

I think we need a a real powerful classy dynamic Centre forward of age approx 28
Ralston would be good understudy for a proper powerful dynamic Right back again ideally 28 but hungry.

I think its problematic to have young guys in first team ahead of older guys. And if the young guy is the best option the older more experienced player should be cut from the wage bill and sold to someone who sees him as first team regular.

With that in mind, I think Lustig should be punted along with sinclair, Biton, Compper, hayes, izzy (unless he quite happy to get very little game time) Mulumbo and dare i say it Rogic. I Like rogic but he isnt quite a midfielder or a forward and well his poor stamina make him a luxury for home games only.

Needa couple of high quality midfielders with proven histroy but most importantly great deal of hunger for titles.

And i think we need a better option in goal. Gordon is very good at certain things but overall i think we need someone bit younger and better distribution and leadership skills.

We need Right back

Love Lustig passion but he just ait good enough anymore and if Gamboa cant get ahead of Lustig in pecking order he must be gash.

Any passengers who cant be arsed if we win title or not must be punted asap, even if it means taking hit on them to get the squad numbers down.

I realise what i wrote is highly controvertial to some. But I think half the problem with motivation is when you have a senior player getting little to no game-time, and therefore, down pecking order behind wee boys. When experienced players are down the pecking order i think it causes off field problems, so if you are older than the managers first team choice then its time to ship that player out unless he is so professional he doesnt mind getting rare game time.

It is Not healthy to have expereinced fit players sitting on bench behind youngsters. So if they are over 26 and not first choice or not good enough to nail a place for whatever reason, then its time to ship him out and find a first team player who is experienced and good enough to strengthen the first team.

I think the young players would develop better if they have better players than them at club older than them and more reliable and hungry.

I dont think ralston can learn from Lustig because I dont think he has been good enough for a long time. Therefore, it is time to let him go, he is now a liability all too often.

In my heart of hearts I also kind of think Rodgers isnt the right man for Celtic. He is great coach but i think he too much a luxury aesthetic dude and well his lack of fixing the obvious issues are making me trust him less and less without much improvement, if any.

I genuinely think if you could clone our squad and give every single manager in premier league the same cloned players to chose from, I dont think rodgers would be the most effiicient manager, and I also dont think he would win the league or any cups very often. Very controversial I know, but I dont think he gets the best out of the players very often and if anything I think he too stubborn with dire system without any real idea how to change the system.

Thats just my guy feeling. I havent been that impressed with his overall signing quality or the value for money side of stuff.

He has great record for winning in Scotland but tbh I think we should be stronger for the money we are shelling out on wages currently, and we carry too much dead weight which cant be good for the players not getting gametime or generally value for money or entertainment.

Also i blame rodgers for deliberalty picking weird selections to put board in hard place by showing them trhe quality of our younger inexpereinced players isnt quite high enough towin regaulrly away from home against hardened profeesionals.

Buit again thats bad management in my mind.

Agree with you on some points, TET, especially with what we need to bring in but I think the GK position needs looking at as well.
As for BR, he may be a top class manager but there are still no signs of training ground work done in trying to exploit corners, free kicks and throw-ins. We never seem to gain an advantage in any dead-ball situation apart from penalties, and we see precious little of them anyway. He talked pre-season about working on all sorts of formations but so far his tactics are being read by every team and as long as the opposition gamble and play the high pressing game then we're humped. We also run out of ideas when the bus gets parked as well, another proof of not learning some creativity in training.
Don't know if the players aren't good enough or BR and his team can't cut it.

Ntcham Mcgregor Brown

Gordon

We need Right back

Also, I blame rodgers for deliberalty picking weird selections to put board in hard place by showing them the quality of our younger inexperienced players isnt quite high enough to win regularly, especially away from home against hardened profeesionals.

But again thats bad management in my mind.

Still writing books fella. Its so good to have you back pal.

Hope all is well and you had a wonderful peaceful christmas and may all your dreams come true in this here 2019. Tet.

HH ☘️

I'd like a 4-1-3-2
Gordon - but surely we need to be looking at someone else for next season

Ralston, Ajer, Benkovic, Tierney - they are the only 4 defenders of note that we really have...where's our depth?

McGregor - We still have Broonie. I still believe in him but for how long?

Forest, Rogic, Christie - again, who else of any quality do we really have (Ntcham if he gets his hunger back but I'm not sure he wants to stay)

Eddie, Griff - we need more options here too but Mikey Johnson is coming through well so surely we need to stop loan signings to let him flourish

What do you guys think?
The only change i would make is Bain in ahead of Gordon ?Ajer ahead of bomscare anyday the guys just not good enough in my opinion.Think we need a RB ,CB and a CF during the widow but what do i know?

Still writing books fella. Its so good to have you back pal.

Hope all is well and you had a wonderful peaceful christmas and may all your dreams come true in this here 2019. Tet.

HH ☘️

Thank you kindly Maria

Hope the season of peace and joy has brought some peace and joy your way.

Gordon in nets - great shot-stopped and no problems with distribution if the players in front of him are making space correctly.

Ralston at R/B - Mick's a legend but we now need more energy in there (though Lustig's experience maybe in Europe depending on opponent); kid's looked good- any raw attributes can be honed with game-time.

KT left back. Obviously.

Ajer Centre Back - commanding, alert.

Benkovic Centre Back - While we have him.

Broon - defensive mid. Captain and enforcer. Does the dirty work, minder to...

Calmac - ...the quarterback in tandem with Broon, gets those extras precious seconds to pick a pass when Broon's beside him doing the spadework.

Rogic - number 10 role, ahead of Calmac and Broon, feed those silky feet.

Forrest - Right wingback, speed and dynamism.

Sincy left wingback - there's still a flyer in there, but let's not ask any more from him other than attack, attack, attack. He needs a functioning midfield to service him properly.

French Eddy - Centre forward - lone frontman role not his favourite but he's the best striker we have and if we use him properly - i.e getting the ball in front of him, facing their goal, he'll run anyone ragged.

Almost man/first-choice sub -

Christie for energy in case Rogic's off form/tired OR if Sincy's in his shell - Rogic can shift wide left and let that wand of a left foot do it's magic and Corpus can go central.

Same rule as latter applies if we sign a target man - Rogic slides left, Sincy drops to bench and duo go two up front.

Notable exceptions - Boyata and Sam Jackson - got a niggling feeling they're for the off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back