When Celtic sold our best player, Kenny Dalglish to Liverpool for just £440,000

When Celtic sold our best player, Kenny Dalglish to Liverpool for just £440,000...

View attachment 10118
King Kenny is still may favourite player ever. An excellent article (I think I have read it before somewhere, but definitely worth reading again) as it gets across the gut-wrenching feeling of loss that many felt.

I see just this week Dalglish was voted the number one Scottish player of all time on a BBC poll - I'd say that was right. And no doubt either that McGrain was also world class too.

Excellent article, enjoyed reading it, love the bit about Walter Ingles, was my music teacher in high school, loved the hoops, played the organ in Holy Family chapel in mossend, 400k was a fair price at the time, remember it was 1977, Trevor Francis, was Britain’s 1st £1 million transfer and that didn’t happen till 1979, Kenny wanted to leave, had done it all here, auld board in it‘s heyday, biscuit tin mentality, players were getting paid peanuts, going to Liverpool to replace Kevin Keegan, it was a good fit, interesting fact...Kenny sold for 400k, Larson bought for 440k......who would you rather have?

Strange seeing him on the opposing side at jock steins testimonial he was a great player for us and for Liverpool he was right to go when he did a brilliant player , was funny watching Liverpool parade round the track with the european cup to the sounds of

''we won it first ''

Excellent article, enjoyed reading it, love the bit about Walter Ingles, was my music teacher in high school, loved the hoops, played the organ in Holy Family chapel in mossend, 400k was a fair price at the time, remember it was 1977, Trevor Francis, was Britain’s 1st £1 million transfer and that didn’t happen till 1979, Kenny wanted to leave, had done it all here, auld board in it‘s heyday, biscuit tin mentality, players were getting paid peanuts, going to Liverpool to replace Kevin Keegan, it was a good fit, interesting fact...Kenny sold for 400k, Larson bought for 440k......who would you rather have?
Good question Bellshill Bhoy, The King of Kings or King Kenny?
Henrik for me. Dalglish just afore my time.
The 6-2 game and Henriks lob over Klos....I will never forget that.

Can you imagine King Kenny feeding the King of Kings from midfield
I saw an interview with Ian Rush who was told by him just run into the box I'll hit you.
First game he sees Kenny surrounded by three defenders with his back to goal so doesn't run.
The ball landed exactly where he should be and Kenny does his nut
Reckoned most of his goals came from Kenny bouncing the ball off him into the net

Can you imagine King Kenny feeding the King of Kings from midfield
I saw an interview with Ian Rush who was told by him just run into the box I'll hit you.
First game he sees Kenny surrounded by three defenders with his back to goal so doesn't run.
The ball landed exactly where he should be and Kenny does his nut
Reckoned most of his goals came from Kenny bouncing the ball off him into the net
Love that!

Members online

Latest posts

Back