When our players return to training, I want them to do this too.

We should show our anti racist credentials by taking the knee in support of black people in America. Send out a message to that Nazi bastard Trump.View attachment 9735
It just doesn't go away. It keeps happening and is the sickness of mankind . This is the latest to draw media attention.

I fully expect us to show support. We will.
It would be an obvious and honest gesture. I hope that more sporting groups/teams/sportspeople do it.

This is an American horror story that steadily bubbles under the surface continually.

I won't differentiate between this case or previous. President current or previous.

Over here we have stop and search figures that are disproportionately weighted.
Add guns to that mix, extreme political views, poverty and the result is too many black men being shot or roughed up till the point of death.
It exists and is real.

On a side note
I'm an hip-hop music fan 80s 90s and early 00s. Set aside your music taste these men and women tell tales of thier struggles, personal struggles and many have tales. They are a limited few that have earned a voice. If you are not a fan of the music then the stories and lyrics paint a eerie picture.
Outwith this case of creed and colour it happens everywhere and always has.
Us humans ain't a good bunch collectively. Collectively I'll stress.

Over 4000 arrests so far. I'm not sure if anyone else has died.
It's a feverish melting point over there. Ammo and gun sell out. Mass unemployment with linked health benefits lost.
It was simply a dry forrest waiting to be lit.
A man has lost his life and the match ignited.
With candidates running and certain news channel affiliations there may be leanings and I'm sure there are in the reports.
Doesn't really matter how much. From what I've seen even if it was a few streets per city it's too much.

How do they fix it? They can't. We have our politicians that push agendas. We have police that have leanings.
I'd heard shouts for police to be ran through psychoanalysis every 6 months.
Try getting fair results on that...
The only way I think it could be handled is an independent inquiry...again who can't be got to?
Polygraph tests? Jeez there aren't many people from any walk that would pass any imaginary 30pt test if it existed. Not that it would it ever be passed.
Not till we are all microchipped 🤔...
(Stage 5 of lockdown release before vaccine. Sorry shite joke couldn't help it)

This tragic event has America and everyone under a microscope.
Trump running the show ...
His quote to "dominate" protesters made my blood run cold.
Trump running the show...backing out of China? Try kickstarting an economy without cheap consumables and concrete?

With monies owed and western crashes we will forever be in China's back pocket. We borrow they build and run the show.
Not a racist comment just a fact. If an angry old man decides to bury a generation from his ivory tower then he should be classed as a criminal of war (not many leaders dodge that elite group)

Don't think China are blameless but the scary thing is that Trump is one of the boys that views his land as his and his people seperate.
He would go without out of spite rather than do the right thing.
More to follow on this as I can't see these riots being defused without that cop being executed on live tv by family members of the victim.
That's morbid Hollywood.
What i do expect is extra bits of news fake or otherwise.
It will take something horrific Or a monumental further loss of life.

Scary.

Last edited:
It just doesn't go away. It keeps happening and is the sickness of mankind . This is the latest to draw media attention.

I fully expect us to show support. We will.
It would be an obvious and honest gesture. I hope that more sporting groups/teams/sportspeople do it.

This is an American horror story that steadily bubbles under the surface continually.

I won't differentiate between this case or previous. President current or previous.

Over here we have stop and search figures that are disproportionately weighted.
Add guns to that mix, extreme political views, poverty and the result is too many black men being shot or roughed up till the point of death.
It exists and is real.

On a side note
I'm an hip-hop music fan 80s 90s and early 00s. Set aside your music taste these men and women tell tales of thier struggles, personal struggles. They are a limited few that have earned a voice. If you are not a fan of the music then the stories and lyrics paint a eerie picture.
Outwith this case of creed and colour it happens everywhere and always has.
Us humans ain't a good bunch collectively. Collectively I'll stress.

Over 4000 arrests so far. I'm not sure if anyone else has died.
It's a feverish melting point over there. Ammo and gun sell out. Mass unemployment with linked health benefits lost.
It was simply a dry forrest waiting to be lit.
A man has lost his life and the match ignited.
With candidates running and certain news channel affiliations there may be leanings and I'm sure there are in the reports.
Doesn't really matter how much. From what I've seen even if it was a few streets per city it's too much.

How do they fix it? They can't. We have our politicians that push agendas. We have police that have leanings.
I'd heard shouts for police to be ran through psychoanalyst every 6 months.
Try getting fair results on that.
The only way I think it could be handled is an independent inquiry...again who can't be got to?
Polygraph tests? Jeez there aren't many people from any walk that would pass any imaginary 30pt test if it existed. Not would it ever be passed.

This tragic event has America and everyone under a microscope.
Trump running the show ...jeez.
His quote to "dominate" protesters made my blood run cold.
Trump running the show...backing out of China? Try kickstarting an economy without cheap consumables and concrete?

With monies owed and western crashes we will forever be in China's back pocket. We borrow they build and run the show.
Not a racist comment just a fact. If an angry old man decides to bury a generation from his ivory tower then he should be classed as a criminal of war (not many leaders dodge that elite group)

Don't think China are blameless but the scary thing is that Trump is one of the boys that views his land as his and his people seperate.
He would go without out of spite rather than do the right thing.
More to follow on this as I can't see these riots being defused without that cop being executed on live tv by family members of the victim.
That's morbid Hollywood.
What i do expect is extra bits of news fake or otherwise.
It will take something horrific Or a monumental further loss of life.

Scary.
Think the night could be the night Bobo,that's the army being deployed in Washington,this will not end well. I remember 1968,when events like this were almost worldwide,and we still have'nt learned anything. HH stay safe.

I saw a political commentator on tv yesterday saying that America isn't just dealing with one crisis at the moment but a perfect storm of multiple crises running concurrently. It is like the 1919 Spanish Flu pandemic, the mass unemployment of the 1930s and the race riots of 1968 after the murder of Martin Luther King. Unfortunately they are being run by a vain, greedy bully who's only tactics are using fear, divide to conquer and creating hostility against mainly imagined enemies (often people within his own country), which will only lead to more chaos & strife.

Unfortunately this will impact the rest of the world. Meanwhile China is fast-tracking it's way to become a super-power.

I can't see this ending quietly.
It was only a matter if time till the army was brought in.
Everybody has guns.
I'll honestly admit I took part in careless chat with people I know regarding how america would cope with this.
Now it's happening and the worst case scenarios are panning out.
China always were the super power from the moment they became that mass producers of the world's consumables and also the bank of all debts.
I've never hidden from that view and I think it's foolish to battle that opinion.

I'm not in fear of any land based war.
Economically if trump goes cold war trading tactics it will hurt his own country and also the rest of his trading partners.

Last edited:
Every player should take a knee in the huddle for all games played this season to show support against racism, I’m a big fan of American football, I played for years, Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterbackthat started the “taking a knee” thing during the USA national anthem, was blacklisted from all nfl teams, went from being a superstar to a zero in one season, hasn’t found a team to take him on in 3 years, the blatant racism is unbelievable in America, the kkk, don’t wear white hoods and gowns in America now....it’s police uniforms

Not just the Irish-American Diaspora that should know better, Scots-Diaspora should too as many fled to the States after the Highland clearances.

That video is brilliant.

I was saying the other day how depressing it is that so many of the Irish came to emulate the bosses and the screws of home by joining the police, while *some* Presbyterian Scots formed the KKK. I suppose socio-economic conditions might excuse one - though, did they have to do it with so much vigour? - but not the other at all.

N.B. I edited this post so that Theverdict11 can get back to posting negative stuff about Celtic without worrying about white, non-Anglo Saxon Protestants being racially abused on a football forum.

Last edited:
It's a principle of our nation that combat troops cannot be deployed on our streets. Our government found a work around and now deploys the National Guard (including my little sister) to combat. These now combat experienced troops are only ever going to make things worse. Every peaceful protest that is met with violence breaks us a little more. In a nation that treats guns as appliances we are in for a storm. My little armalite is in the closet and I hope to use the ballot box instead.

That video is brilliant.

I was saying the other day how depressing it is that so many of the Irish came to emulate the bosses and the screws of home by joining the police, while the Presbyterian Scots formed the KKK. I suppose socio-economic conditions might excuse one - though, did they have to do it with so much vigour? - but not the other at all.

To be fair, it was a group of Confederate officers who were Scottish descent. Hardly all Presbyterians. Nobody likes anybody tarring an ethnic group with the one brush. That's not fair and no worse than a racist saying all black people are criminals.

It was founded by, I think, three ethnic Scots.

That's not fair and no worse than a racist saying all black people are criminals.

Oh aye, it's a very similar statement 🤨

Perhaps my use of the definite article in place of "some Presbyterians" clouded the meaning beyond all understanding and the original point was lost entirely. Or perhaps you're just being obtuse.

I'll tweak the post now, lest any more Presbyterians have to endure this racial abuse.

It's a principle of our nation that combat troops cannot be deployed on our streets.
It's more than a principle: It's the law. It's called the Posse Comitatus Act of 1877 and it forbids the armed forces from doing law enforcement. You are right that the workaround is using the National Guard (not part of the "armed forces" per se), which has been used in the past (Kent State, Jackson State) with fatal circumstances.
Every peaceful protest that is met with violence breaks us a little more. In a nation that treats guns as appliances we are in for a storm.
True. Already we are seeing vigilantes taking up posts on buildings. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Back