When will we recognize these guys properly?

We won 9iar , 4 trebles in a row ( never been done worldwide) set the longest unbeaten run in British football history surpassing our own record and then covid19 hit. Queue empty stadiums and only an aborted treble treble bus run from hampden to show for it. The club owe it to the fans to get everyone of them that was involved through the years back in Glasgow and a bus parade (that was stopped by police) I was one of a few hundered lucky enough to see the bus pass the brazen head before it was diverted from saltmarket because people wouldnt clear the road , a nonsense as everyone would have let the bus through or be crushed by it. The parade should be reorganised by the club weve never celebrated the achievements we set and we should , were just not like them and no memorial benches or laws will be broken just a celebration that's overdue HH ☘
Think it's a solid idea Winter, but don't think it would ever happen. What we could do quite easily is have some kind of celebration in Paradise. For sure we should mark those historical achievements appropriately. Probably goin' to take a number of years before we look back and say, bloody hell, did that actually happen ?

Winter
Me and my fellow tim mates were at glasgow cross that day eagerly awaiting the bus to show our appreciation to the team. When the news came through that the bus wouldn't be coming due to safety concerns .
They said it was because the jubilant celtic fans were encroaching on the road .
I think it was more that half of Glasgow's peelers would have thrown themselves under the bus
Anyhow the news was spread from fans phones and telling those round about .
REACTION
They hate the thought of us celebrating
Some expletives and the crowd dispersed to local hostelries.
No cracking bottles over each others heads ,no rioting, no wrecking of the city centre

I think there is more chance of a celebration at the ground than a bus parade. A large family day-out at the end of the season with an all star charity football match too, similar to Stan Petrov's match. It should celebrate the quadrofenian treble and the 9 in a row achievements too.

I would certainly hope that Rodgers and Lennon would both be welcome to participate in the festivities. Both their managerial terms ended badly at Parkhead, but they also both contributed greatly to some of the best moments I've enjoyed as a Celtic fan. Personally I have moved on and I hope most fans are mature enough to thank them even if they will struggle to ever forgive one (or both) of them.

Think it's a solid idea Winter, but don't think it would ever happen. What we could do quite easily is have some kind of celebration in Paradise. For sure we should mark those historical achievements appropriately. Probably goin' to take a number of years before we look back and say, bloody hell, did that actually happen ?
In the stadium fair enough frank but no admission charges unless the lot not 60p in the £ goes to good causes of the foundation.

Heads up his arse ..another player who wasted his career.
Very very few players who leave Celtic are going to have an upwards trajectory in their career , exceptions of course Larsson, van dijk, wanyama to a certain extent, Armstrong again to a certain extent , KT finding out that arsenal are called Arse- nal for a reason more egos in that side than supporters in the ground. And look at paddy Robert's amongst a million others who have made that mistake in fact big Ramon Vega was talking about this very subject during the week when mcgree(dy) choose boro he saidci he could only go back in time ( aye you send me both mate,) Fraser forster list is endless Andy Walker 😂 fitba hero to pundit Express style

Tough question to answer winter and maybe you could answer it for us.
What do we do about BR and lenny?
On the parade bus or under it? 🤔😂
Actually got to see lenny holding the cup on the top deck going through the gorbals , taking a chance there I hear silvers worth 10 bob a kilo at the scrappy that's a bottle of EL'D and a pouch of cheap baccy ( or shag for those of a certain vintage) 😛

I think there is more chance of a celebration at the ground than a bus parade. A large family day-out at the end of the season with an all star charity football match too, similar to Stan Petrov's match. It should celebrate the quadrofenian treble and the 9 in a row achievements too.

I would certainly hope that Rodgers and Lennon would both be welcome to participate in the festivities. Both their managerial terms ended badly at Parkhead, but they also both contributed greatly to some of the best moments I've enjoyed as a Celtic fan. Personally I have moved on and I hope most fans are mature enough to thank them even if they will struggle to ever forgive one (or both) of them.
Diela too

Cracking open an alcohol free beer as I speak 🤣🤣
Hmm aye ok enjoy (if you can , guessing it is a can? If not careful with the cracked pretendy beer bottle ) actually they fukn things should come in plastic cans 😂 or plastic bottles I'm fkn sick of thinking good deal oan that koppenburg tae I'm hame disappointed (,should've just got irn bru , more of a kick nah I'm kidding it's a brutal kick in the baws when that happens for not the first time 🤬 DRINK !!🤬

Last edited:
Back