Where do we all sit in paradise?

Sands81

1995/2017 I sat with my grandad & dad in north west upper(some great memories)Since heath reasons stopped both going I now have seat in cafe 1888 north stand.

I started watching from the ''Jungle'' - and like the real jungle it was very wet , especially as games progressed . As a wee boy , being short , I was in danger of being drenched as beer cans were filled , then emptied on to the terracing .
Still , can't complain as I like so many others at that time I got in to the match for nothing . To those who are too young to remember , ask your granda about getting a ''lift over '' !

I was still getting 'lifted over as a 16 year old ! This set me on the path of being a mean old b***** !

I started watching from the ''Jungle'' - and like the real jungle it was very wet , especially as games progressed . As a wee boy , being short , I was in danger of being drenched as beer cans were filled , then emptied on to the terracing .
Still , can't complain as I like so many others at that time I got in to the match for nothing . To those who are too young to remember , ask your granda about getting a ''lift over '' !

I was

I was still getting 'lifted over as a 16 year old ! This set me on the path of being a mean old b***** !
i would have loved to properly sample the jungle atmosphere! I did go with my granda/dad but was too wee to really remember It tbh!

Last edited:
I was in the old jungle but not a sth at that time as i was a child but thsts the tickets that were always bought for me.

Years later i bought a season ticket from some one else that was on the north stand upper front row, i sat next to a bhoy that made banners snd on one game he made his green white and gold dreads in tribute of henrik, only for henrik to come out in that game wi his head shaved in ????

Then i got my own ST for section 106 lower, due to personsl reasons that real friends know about o now give my ticket to my family as i wish to retain it... i jist can’t use it at the moment.

HH ☘️

Great thread sorts thr men fae the bhoys

Apart from those woth ailments, those in different countries and the very dmsll amount of our fans on the dole.

Again HH to all my brothers and sisters that can and equally HzH to all my brothers and sisters that can’t through life on lofes terms.

If we have green hoops in our hearts it 100% counts whether our brothers n sister can afford it or not.

I salute ALL our brothers n sisters HH ☘️

I was usually behind the goals in Rangers end section 416 jus inside the Ramgers allocation. I preferred watching that particular fixture in the pub. Been in a few different sections over the years. But my favourite section was the 416 for the view of formation from the Gods.

Haven't had a season book for last few years. But when I'm back working Ill be back in 416 near the front of upper. its safe from the weather. great view and close to busstop at forge to get home without massive hike.

Had 416 Jock Stein upper since new Paradise opened but had to give it up in 2015 for financial reasons (they stopped the medical experiments on me) Do miss the old jungle n even the Celtic end with the craic but certainly don't miss the 'toilets' if that's what they were! ?

They make a big thing of 'safe standing' these days but in the old Celtic Park most areas were safe for standing . Standing in the Jungle the biggest risk to health was either Trench Foot ( one for the oldies ) or catching some disease due to your feet being soaked in urine . ( using the toilets was a personal choice ! )
Big crowds were common but crushing did not seem to be a problem as there were strategically placed wooden barriers - plus at the front of the terracing you could spill out onto the pitch in a crush ( though I can never remember that happening - but daft wee boys often ran on to the park , usually at the end of the game )

Got lifted over many a time sounds silly but you felt save all the weans pushed to the front so you could see the men around you keeping an eye out ,I used to travel on the old 62 bus from Blantyre or on the supporters bus if there was space many a time sat in the passage way on bus great times live in Swindon so don't get to games

Last edited:
Area 412. Usualy travel from Fermanagh but i work in London of recent times so I have a choice of plane or train rather than plane and boat these days. Either way its not cheap ? but it’s damn worth it! ?

They make a big thing of 'safe standing' these days but in the old Celtic Park most areas were safe for standing . Standing in the Jungle the biggest risk to health was either Trench Foot ( one for the oldies ) or catching some disease due to your feet being soaked in urine . ( using the toilets was a personal choice ! )
Big crowds were common but crushing did not seem to be a problem as there were strategically placed wooden barriers - plus at the front of the terracing you could spill out onto the pitch in a crush ( though I can never remember that happening - but daft wee boys often ran on to the park , usually at the end of the game )
I remember those days fondly Millsy aye my maw wanting to know how my socks were always soaking wet when i came hame fa the match,oh nostalgia, happy days. h.h

Members online

Back