Where do we all stand on Lenny?

DJBHOY

Never mind what any orange b*astards do or have done (skin colour not sash)

Now that Lenny Is here what's everyone's thoughts?

I personally love Lenny and I'm excited to give him a chance again.
I'd love Steve Clarke with Lenny as assistant but I'd still be happy if Lenny was made permanent.

His passion was there for all to see yesterday and there's no political style answers just passionate ones because he genuinely loves our club and knows what it means to represent it.

I love the idea of someone who loves Celtic as much as most of us do, leading us towards the treble and potential 10.

I think we're lucky someone like him could come in like this but I'd genuinely like to hear other people's ideas on it, especially if you disagree.

Who would honestly be better other than maybe Clarke?

Never mind what any orange b*astards do or have done (skin colour not sash)

Now that Lenny Is here what's everyone's thoughts?

I personally love Lenny and I'm excited to give him a chance again.
I'd love Steve Clarke with Lenny as assistant but I'd still be happy if Lenny was made permanent.

His passion was there for all to see yesterday and there's no political style answers just passionate ones because he genuinely loves our club and knows what it means to represent it.

I love the idea of someone who loves Celtic as much as most of us do, leading us towards the treble and potential 10.

I think we're lucky someone like him could come in like this but I'd genuinely like to hear other people's ideas on it, especially if you disagree.

Who would honestly be better other than maybe Clarke?
Think it might depend how well Lenny does until the end of the season ,think it's possible he might get the job full time but am wae you Stevie Clarke all the way ,think he would do well for us ,great man manager ,tonnes of experience and no scared to open his mouth HH

I genuinely think he's the best man as a long term appointment. He'll tell everyone exactly how he sees it and you know the players will be getting that too. Rodgers has left behind a brilliant legacy, certainly in comparison to what Lenny had first time around. Also he seems to get under the skins of some people. I like that too.

I think Lenny is the correct choice to pick up the pieces in the interim. Long term, I'm not so sure. I'm trying to keep personal feelings out of this, but do you think that NL has the same international reputation that Rogers had when it comes to doing business with European teams? Make no mistake Rogers for whatever reason is highly respected in European circles and as such can attract players either on transfer or loan. Lenny doesn't have this and as much as I love and respect him, long term Celtic need to play the game in Europe and need to attract a 'name'. If Celtic are serious about building a European pedigree they are going to have to fork out for a top 'name'. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.

Who else would you have? "Ave started so I'll finish " comes to mind.?
I'll be honest I'm not convinced by Clarke. Good guy but his sides have always been defensively minded and counter attacking based. Perhaps we could borrow him for away ties in Europe! Not sure he could or would have the answers when he faces a wall every week. Could be wrong and I wouldn't be too annoyed if it happened but I'd be sceptical. I like the football Jack Ross plays but he'd probably lack the experience to take a massive job.

Though not originally that keen, I am sold on Lenny now. I think he'll finish the job this season. Depending on how he finishes, he should be given consideration to keep the manager's post.
Couldnae think of anyone better bein in charge when we win 10 in a row but the shit the guy has to go through worries me and i think it gets to him .HH mate

Though not originally that keen, I am sold on Lenny now. I think he'll finish the job this season. Depending on how he finishes, he should be given consideration to keep the manager's post.
No offence but he's not here for 3mths no chance.if am wrong I'll put my hands. Rolling contract minimum.?

I think Lenny is the correct choice to pick up the pieces in the interim. Long term, I'm not so sure. I'm trying to keep personal feelings out of this, but do you think that NL has the same international reputation that Rogers had when it comes to doing business with European teams? Make no mistake Rogers for whatever reason is highly respected in European circles and as such can attract players either on transfer or loan. Lenny doesn't have this and as much as I love and respect him, long term Celtic need to play the game in Europe and need to attract a 'name'. If Celtic are serious about building a European pedigree they are going to have to fork out for a top 'name'. That's just the way it is, unfortunately.
We had a top name his international reputation brought us comperr and eh eh thats about it
Players respected Rodgers yeah maybe ,the ones who came hear weren't even first team selections but saw it as he would be the one who could help get them back in the shop window
Rodgers reputation in europe isn't as big as folk make out if it was why has he never been headhunted by any european club

I am not up on the specifics of the contract -- I may be wrong on my assumption that he's only here for the remainder of the season. My hope is that I am, and that Lenny stays longer.
Am the same mate. Not privvy to his contract. But he's no fool, would Guess it's Rolling 12mh contract he's signed. Again put my hands up if wrong.HH ☘☘

Well whoever it is I think it may be time we looked at restructuring a bit and considered bringing in a DOF.

With respect to Lenny and Stevie Clarke they're not, as has been said above, box office names which may mean the difference in attracting a higher standard of overseas talent to the club or not. Also if we've learned one thing from BR's time it's that a buffer is needed between boardroom and dressing room and Lawell needs to distance himself a bit from transfer negotiations so if it's going to be Lenny or Stevie Clarke then I would like to see a high profile DOF brought in.

Well whoever it is I think it's maybe time we looked at restructuring a bit and consider bringing in a DOF.

With respect to Lenny and Stevie Clarke they're not, as has been said above, box office names which may mean the difference in attracting a higher standard of overseas talent to the club or not. Also if we've learned one thing from BR's time it's that a buffer is needed between boardroom and dressing room and Lawell needs to distance himself a bit from transfer negotiations so if it's going to be Lenny or Stevie Clarke then I would like to see a high profile DOF brought in.
We have a DOF. Sadly a self appointed one

Definitely the best option from now till the seasons end but going forward it could come down to budgets.He took us as far as he could on the budget he had last time around but he’s obviously left on good terms because he was asked back.One things for sure he won’t be Stevie Clark’s number 2.I think Stevie Clark could be a good manager away from home in Europe but I think he’s a man of his word and will honour his contract then head back south.I do love Lenny’s passion but he needs to just tone it down a wee bit so as not to give SMSM any leeway.It could also come down to how he gets on with the foreign players,some of these bhoys might be a bit more laid back.Not so sure about starting a Lenny thread with with orange b*#<¥€< especially when he’s against all that.HH

Members online

No members online now.

Back