Where has your best holiday been?

Two week trip around Ireland with two buds. Landed in Dublin. Drank our way through the town then down to a miserable night in Wexford. Wound our way over to Dingle, sat amazed on the cliffs, fell in love in a bar in Galway, flew home from a dreary Shannon. A blur of a time. Constant drink and dancing. Amazing music. Dublin was a treasure with the art and history museums. Missed the boat to the Aran Islands by five minutes. Watched Munster win the Heineken Cup in a pub and sang Fields of Athenry a hundred times. Very memorable trip and I'd like to go back with the wife now that I'd enjoy the sights more than the nightlife.

Two week trip around Ireland with two buds. Landed in Dublin. Drank our way through the town then down to a miserable night in Wexford. Wound our way over to Dingle, sat amazed on the cliffs, fell in love in a bar in Galway, flew home from a dreary Shannon. A blur of a time. Constant drink and dancing. Amazing music. Dublin was a treasure with the art and history museums. Missed the boat to the Aran Islands by five minutes. Watched Munster win the Heineken Cup in a pub and sang Fields of Athenry a hundred times. Very memorable trip and I'd like to go back with the wife now that I'd enjoy the sights more than the nightlife.
Loved the first time a went tae Barcelona , beautiful beautiful place and I thought the locals were fuckin great too.Ma Bhoys were only young at the time and we went tae see the fountain show at night was fuckin magic puts George square at Xmas in its fuckin box were it belongs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Last edited by a moderator:
When we used to dock in fiji we used to jump onto a small schooner that went out to the smaller islands
this one was

https://www.beachcomberfiji.com/

was great am talkin 28 yrs ago so not as commercial as it is now , plenty of talent though and the locals would free dive for your lunch n dinner straight out the ocen onto yer plate

Fiji is amazing place to go lot's to explore and the people are great

another place was Vanuatu, an amazing place port villa is a gret base to start on the island ,food great and the locals friendly

in my teens i remeber watchin wickers world and these folk were on it ,

15 yrs later and i'm standing watchin them unreal

the real bungie jumpers

I lived and worked in Oxford for a year afore moving to London. It wasna a holiday...but felt like one. The first time in my life I had a regular income and a job that wasna a Government scheme.
Our mate was already down there. Me n my mate (another Celt) were desperate to get oot o Kirkton. We had fuck all though. On the Thursday my mate went into Visionhire and got a TV n Video, no deposit instant credit and sold it to a family friend. I did the same on the Friday and sold the TV and Video to a pub in Forfar. On the the Saturday night we were on the Stagecoach to Victoria. Spent one night at my cousins in London.
Made our way to our mates in Oxford. The very first day he saw an old boss from a flat pack furniture factory, he gave me n my mate a Job there and then. Couldna believe it.
We worked there for about a year, the pay was good, the hours good and no shift work. It was like the pressure just lifted..it was a great year in Oxford and kinda wished I stayed there instead of going to London.
Our two drinking buddies from work were two Huns both called Jimmy, one fae Kirkintilloch and the other from East Belfast.
Belfast Jimmy did not give a fuck about Loyalist, Nat, Prod or Catholic he just wanted to get stoned without getting kneecapped. Stoned ta fuck or what? was his catchphrase. He called the Loyalist paramilitaries The Hair Bear Bunch cos they all had mid-70s haircuts. He had some mad stories. Stoned ta fuck or what. Looked on the Internet for both Jimmys but couldna find them.
A great year 1987...money, a job and not a care in the world....a working holiday.

Bit like govanhill full a strange looking cunts and auld motors πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ nae mattresses oan the street but πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Did not meet any people you discribe the old cars are all the have when Russians pulled out and the USA put a ban on Americans visiting and they placed an embargo on imports so had to make and mend as best they could,they have no choice on what they do and they can be moved from one end of the Island to other at a moments I met well educated people doing bar work or cleaning hotel room,to me they are a surprest people who are making the best they can

Did not meet any people you discribe the old cars are all the have when Russians pulled out and the USA put a ban on Americans visiting and they placed an embargo on imports so had to make and mend as best they could,they have no choice on what they do and they can be moved from one end of the Island to other at a moments I met well educated people doing bar work or cleaning hotel room,to me they are a surprest people who are making the best they can
Sorry digger lost me πŸ€”πŸ€” wiz a light hearted post no to be taken too serious but obviously that’s went right ere yer heid , don’t think I made any comment on Cubans but hey ho batter in

You both must feel so much better now that things are public? 😍😍😍
It’s obviously made you feel something as yea canny stop going on about it πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” certain cunts oan here want tae huv a look at themselves so I’ve stopped hounding Docco big fuckin wow maybe some cunts got a wee buzz a me being a fucking prick tae some other cunt πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” A D I πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It’s obviously made you feel something as yea canny stop going on about it πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” certain cunts oan here want tae huv a look at themselves so I’ve stopped hounding Docco big fuckin wow maybe some cunts got a wee buzz a me being a fucking prick tae some other cunt πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” A D I πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ach! it's good you and Docco are now pals.....peace and love my man (in a purely platonic way of course) and have a Happy Easter πŸ‘

Back