Where is Scott Sinclair & Celtic?

Goldfinch67

Having watched Scotty Sinclair today at Kilmarnock I think it's time he had a good look at himself. Not once does he win a high ball or a 50-50 and there are 1000 fans on the terrace who could play it back to Tierney and abdicate responsibility for doing anything.

However, Mickey Johnstone is a fine prospect but he's not first team material yet. Ryan Christie is not Celtic material and I know people want him to come good but too light weight. There are ships that can turn faster than Jack Hendry and he is really awful at just squaring a pass and that's all he seems to do but manages to somehow play it behind players. He cannot defend either...which is a bit of a problem for a defender. Leigh Griffiths one header one goal - great Leigh - but we can see that we have nobody to hold a ball up and we need a much better contribution overall from a striker. Ntcham sadly missed.

Malumba, Boyata and Teirney get pass marks from me....hard to see where we are going because we miss Armstrong and Dembele. However, a bit of effort would not go a miss - too many flattering to deceive. I 1-1 with 5 minutes to go we have Celtic layers playing square passes and back passes continuously - BR and PL the pennies in the bank must finally be dropping that we need finished players (like McGinn) and not development players in this squad. A summer shambles leading to a winter of discontent....

Agreed Sinclair is completely gutless. Not one go at beating his man, not one header won and bottles a battle every time. Great first season but I reckon he loses confidence - he was glad to get hooked.

Jack Hendry lost his man for the Kilmarnock winner. He's not going to be a Celtic defender. He needs a touch to stop the ball and is the most awkward lad in possession. Even if he was just a big tough 'kick it up the park' defender but he is not that either.

Malumba had fight and some nice passing and I thought Scott Brown was okay too. Ryan Christie not for me, Mickey Johnstone too early...but BR must know this too.

Peter Lawell's ego with John McGinn and during the transfer window has damaged confidence and momentum. The January transfer window is a long way off. Not sure BR even sounds enthusiastic.

Yes he did but even Brendan must have been wondering what kind of motivation is required for Scott to show interest in the game.

Having watched Scotty Sinclair today at Kilmarnock I think it's time he had a good look at himself. Not once does he win a high ball or a 50-50 and there are 1000 fans on the terrace who could play it back to Tierney and abdicate responsibility for doing anything.

However, Mickey Johnstone is a fine prospect but he's not first team material yet. Ryan Christie is not Celtic material and I know people want him to come good but too light weight. There are ships that can turn faster than Jack Hendry and he is really awful at just squaring a pass and that's all he seems to do but manages to somehow play it behind players. He cannot defend either...which is a bit of a problem for a defender. Leigh Griffiths one header one goal - great Leigh - but we can see that we have nobody to hold a ball up and we need a much better contribution overall from a striker. Ntcham sadly missed.

Malumba, Boyata and Teirney get pass marks from me....hard to see where we are going because we miss Armstrong and Dembele. However, a bit of effort would not go a miss - too many flattering to deceive. I 1-1 with 5 minutes to go we have Celtic layers playing square passes and back passes continuously - BR and PL the pennies in the bank must finally be dropping that we need finished players (like McGinn) and not development players in this squad. A summer shambles leading to a winter of discontent....
Think he wants do be down south with his family If his head isn't right move him on

HH

On the left previously and when in good form, he has had at least 2 outlets for moving passing, KT plus the likes of Armstrong or Calmac.
Go watch these last few matches the left side has appeared separate, so much so that KT has stuck out as having to do it himself. Calmac has likewise been MIA too often and at times when Sinclair was not even playing, same with Rogic often looking lightweight or MIA compared to before, so this is not a Sinclair specific problem.

None of these are bad players, something is not working, possibly it is more static forwards that have allowed what still are generally second rate defenders to relax more and prove more able than they have been in the past.
Eddie for all the hype, it would not be unfair to question his play and say that overall to date he has been underwhelming! Take away his hat-trick and his stats are not exactly top striker like! 12 from 38 appearances. Without access to the exact minutes played for accurate analysis, I would suspect his goal stats do not look much better than winger Sinclair.

Last edited:
Totally agree about sinky,,think he was the same with all other clubs prior to coming to us ,good first season then nada,,canny blame the guy if his missus and weans are down the road and he misses them,,god it must be hard being a wealthy player up here way nae wife and weans around and awe that spare time?

The team looks stale and we need to ship in some established players as opposed to 21 year old development babes. We need a bit of steel - I liked the look of Malumba but we need a good midfielder and a striker.

Totally agree about sinky,,think he was the same with all other clubs prior to coming to us ,good first season then nada,,canny blame the guy if his missus and weans are down the road and he misses them,,god it must be hard being a wealthy player up here way nae wife and weans around and awe that spare time?
Lots of people have to work away from home and in much more difficult circumstances, e.g the armed forces and manage to combine their work and family time. I can see that he doesn't over-extend himself so if anyone makes an offer for him - take it right away.

Yep I think if anyone offers us money he should be allowed to go - great first season but seemed to have lost all interest. Cannot believe he was making noises about England ambitions last season....
Haha I know who the hell was he kidding, he wouldn’t get a game for England’s u16, absolutely useless this past year.. him and Hendry can get the f##k...cant believe I’m saying this but we need to stay in touch with the scum until Xmas and transfer window opens and bring in some real quality or we can kiss 10inarow goodbye

I'm no tactical master, but the two main gripes I hear right not are about the slow, sideways passing and Sinclair's loss of form. Aren't these two linked?

Sinclair's game has always been about pace and power; he's not one for dropping the shoulder, beating three men with tricks and making space for himself. He did so well as an Invincible because we were blowing teams away, running over the top of them with unrelenting attacks.

It's up to Brendan to find a way to make this work, with or without Sinclair. We have the fittest, fastest, strongest and most skilful players in the country, so make that count.

God save Celtic, amen.

Yep if he needs to go to Manchester to be with his wife then he should go but if he doesn't - he needs to man up and get back to the Scott Sinclair captured in JimMc's post. He just looks despondent at the minute but lets hope he can regain his mojo....

We've all seen what Scott is capable of. haven't seen such a positive player for Celtic for years when he was destroying defences in his 1st season. The only difference last season was teams were doubling up on him and it certainly worked in blunting his play. I believe he is still an incredible player How we bring him out again is something worth investigating and working on but I don't buy wife n kid in England pish,30mins on the budgie? Lets help him get back in top form again HH

For me Sinclair took the huff after the invincibles season, he was our best player but all the talk was on Dembele leaving for millions and Sinclair wasn't even mentioned as far as speculation goes, he took the huff and needs to man up or hes finished at the top level.
Been sick of this possession side to side and back stuff for a while now and don't think Rodgers will change tactics ass hes too stubborn, everyone going on about how he never got his targets, even if he did we would still be playing the same tactics week in week out.

Members online

Back