Whisky and how to drink it.

What is that?
I bought s
Do you get an equivalent of Poitín in Scotland? Obviously it's crude and unaged but the well made stuff is good on occasion when you can't get decent whiskey 'intercepted' between the distillery and revenue bonding.
My Uncle John brings it over........must be about 160 proof and can strip chrome at 40 metres!

You can barely pile that stuff in you, but by God - it serves it's purpose well!!!

Do you get an equivalent of Poitín in Scotland? Obviously it's crude and unaged but the well made stuff is good on occasion when you can't get decent whiskey 'intercepted' between the distillery and revenue bonding.
I've tried it once, I refused to go to a Baratt Christmas night out, before I left the site I went to wish the wee security guard a happy Christmas. He produced this bottle to give me a half. I ended up staying until I turned blind! Turned out the guard was an ex RA man who had to leave Ireland for "legal" reasons, we had a great night, far better than the tossers that went on the Christmas night out, took me about 3 days to recover though :sick:

My spirit of choice now is medrohno....I'm not sure many are familiar with it, maybe Vigibhoy although I'm not so sure it grows up north?
It's a grappa like spirit, maybe from the fermented fruit of the strawberry (medrohno) tree.....this stuff blows your mind but tasty at the same time

Members online

Latest posts

Back