Who is the worst you have ever seen in the hoops.

Tebily , Dowie , Bangura

A special mention for Jim Melrose - on paper he had a decent career - not with us - I thought he was woeful.

Someone said Joe Filipi but I can only just remember him. Davy Moyes has to be considered. Shout for Jim Melrose. Macari/Brady years there was loads. Stuart Slater? That goalie. Berkovic?

Is there a poll? I'd probably vote Cascarino. A total dumpling and shamelessly proud of the fact.
Tony 'Can't score a goal'
HH

Tony Cascarino (sp?) and Garry Gillespie.
Both came to steal money off us on the principle that anybody’s nan could play in Scottish Football.

Raphael sheidt.....think he cost £4 million Tae...name says it all

Would still like to know how anyone ever concluded the unknown scheidt was worth signing let alone that money at the time.

Think there was a lot of dodgy money passing around between big names in football that time, not just Souness who reports claim provided "inconsistencies in evidence" in a top level bung enquiry.

We would like not to think it, but some may have been involved in our club, even possibly among some of our supposed saints and unquestionable kings in some peoples eyes.
All human beings in reality, who won the lottery just being involved with Celtic, but all still just human beings all the same.

Scheidt could have just been an error caused by lazy and incompetent scouting, basing this theory on the last paragraph on his wiki page!

"Scheidt won three caps for Brazil in 1999 shortly prior to his transfer to Celtic. These games were friendlies and rumours later surfaced that Brazilian based players at that time were being handed caps in return for sweeteners from their clubs wanting to sell them to European clubs for large transfer fees.[2]"

Either way who ever was involved on the Celtic side of things got away with incompetence or worse and we the paying fans covered the tab.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back