Who will be paying for a season ticket next season

Theres definitely a waiting list I know folk who are on it, but you are right , of course the club want them in early and the numbers on the list are possibly exaggerated. Still I'd be absolutely astounded if Celtic supporters dont continue to support the club on the back of 1 bad (no terrible) season in 10.
You only rate this season in the Bad category W? I’ve got it in Horrible.
Is that better or worse than Terrible?
🤨

We’re was aw these thousands a folk when they had tae shut a bit of the top tier ?
That's a good point aswell I was skint that's why wisnae there but we like any other club have the glory hunter brigade which I hate cause it stops real fans getting tickets during ronnies years people I think were just bored with the total lack of competition and some fans took it for granted that we wid just keep goin to 10,11,12 well how wrong they were they fans who just didnae go cause we were winning everything disgust me personally they shud have gave somebody a shot of they're ticket at the very least or give it up all together I dont understand why u wid sit on a season ticket and not use it 🤬

i think most celtic supporters are not complaining about one bad season, its how standards have fell off a cliff edge, and if u think the coaching has been anything but scandalous then please give me a loan of the specs u have before all my hair has been pulled out.

the thing i cant get my head round is that if a bog standard fan can see it surely to god a professional in the business saw it even last season, and they have done nothing about it

That's a good point aswell I was skint that's why wisnae there but we like any other club have the glory hunter brigade which I hate cause it stops real fans getting tickets during ronnies years people I think were just bored with the total lack of competition and some fans took it for granted that we wid just keep goin to 10,11,12 well how wrong they were they fans who just didnae go cause we were winning everything disgust me personally they shud have gave somebody a shot of they're ticket at the very least or give it up all together I dont understand why u wid sit on a season ticket and not use it 🤬
Naw mate agree and the glory hunting brigade can fuck right off anyway HH🍀🍀🍀

Av just read elsewhere about a poll asking fellow celtic fans if they will be renewing they're season books next season now av not been on said site but if this is a poll asking cause moneys tight because of covid and the fact fans paid out this year knowing they would not set foot in paradise that's fair enough BUT if this is a poll asking if ur gonny stop supporting YOUR team because we so far have fucked this season if that's the point of this poll shame on you all ffs aye this seasons been a fuckin shambles and aye we need a clear out top to bottom but to give up on ur team cause we fucked the 10 away geez peace just gives they fuckers more to laugh at us as a fan base people need to get a grip

Av just read elsewhere about a poll asking fellow celtic fans if they will be renewing they're season books next season now av not been on said site but if this is a poll asking cause moneys tight because of covid and the fact fans paid out this year knowing they would not set foot in paradise that's fair enough BUT if this is a poll asking if ur gonny stop supporting YOUR team because we so far have fucked this season if that's the point of this poll shame on you all ffs aye this seasons been a fuckin shambles and aye we need a clear out top to bottom but to give up on ur team cause we fucked the 10 away geez peace just gives they fuckers more to laugh at us as a fan base people need to get a grip
Post of the year so far mate. 👍👍👍👍

Do we maybe need to accept that we have 15,000 - 20,000 fans who will buy season tickets when the going is good but won't during a downturn in the teams fortunes?

All the empty seats during the Ronny era was shocking considering we were still winning the league but many were clearly not happy with the downsizing and perceived lack of competition at that time.

This situation is different and I don't think there will be the same level of apathy about renewing ST next season. Chucking it because of one bad season really is the attitude of the entitled fan. I get why some people are not happy, what Celtic fan is just now, but we need to see what develops next season.

Do we maybe need to accept that we have 15,000 - 20,000 fans who will buy season tickets when the going is good but won't during a downturn in the teams fortunes?

All the empty seats during the Ronny era was shocking considering we were still winning the league but many were clearly not happy with the downsizing and perceived lack of competition at that time.

This situation is different and I don't think there will be the same level of apathy about renewing ST next season. Chucking it because of one bad season really is the attitude of the entitled fan. I get why some people are not happy, what Celtic fan is just now, but we need to see what develops next season.

The Cynics have been debating direct action and all the other options- culminating in their letter. One was talking about the Deila times and said they'd made a decision as a family to not go and withdraw extra funding on matchday. Not sure starving club of any funds make sense, though I get the argument. Better finding a collective voice to lobby.

We’re was aw these thousands a folk when they had tae shut a bit of the top tier ?
I wasn't on no waiting list when I got my season ticket. ordered a few tickets for games and at the end of the season I got an email asking me if i wanted to buy a season ticket.

The Cynics have been debating direct action and all the other options- culminating in their letter. One was talking about the Deila times and said they'd made a decision as a family to not go and withdraw extra funding on matchday. Not sure starving club of any funds make sense, though I get the argument. Better finding a collective voice to lobby.
I agree Niall J. It is only a collective, reasoned voice that stands any chance of being heard and taken seriously. But it needs to be a collective voice with weight behind it and a mandate to propose action that will make Dermot Desmond sit up and take notice.

I agree Niall J. It is only a collective, reasoned voice that stands any chance of being heard and taken seriously. But it needs to be a collective voice with weight behind it and a mandate to propose action that will make Dermot Desmond sit up and take notice.
The Turst seems that vehicle in principle. Not convinced yet tbh.

I wasn't on no waiting list when I got my season ticket. ordered a few tickets for games and at the end of the season I got an email asking me if i wanted to buy a season ticket.
if you walk in with the full amount they'll drag you over the counter and ask you to take yer pick

There’s more than one way to skin a snake.
If we all were to delay buying season books till the very last minute then the message would get across.
By renewing early in droves nothing will change. By not renewing till last minute would ensure the money men were sweating.
It’s a catch 22, we are Celtic supporters and mostly faithful through and through but we can’t be allowed to be treated like mugs
A bit of brinkmanship would go a long way to getting the message across

Naw from me
There’s got to be some movement that supporters get behind. The club need to know the masses are together and something has to have such substantial membership that it can’t be ignored.
I’m sure there are issues with the trust but on this occasion it may be better trying to fix these issues from the inside

"If DD isn't getting a payment each season."

I'm pretty sure DD doesn't have to worry about getting his cheque from Celtic every year, Infact hasn't he just left the money he is due in the club more years than not.

Your idealism around season tickets is sound in thought, however the vast majority of season tickets holders wont give up their seats,so in practice wont work.

I'm all for protesting, but sticking stupid bloody banners up at 2 in the morning is pointless as is threats to the major shareholder.And unfortunately at this time so is a protest gathering, although imho its the best way to get the boards attention, perhaps a couple of protests at DD's next pro am event might get his attention.

But giving up your seat at Celtic park just so someone else can fill it is nonsensical imho.
Dermot doesn’t need the dividend that’s clear
He also ain’t putting money or time in.
We need someone who will give this his full attention not a billionaire that plays golf 350 days a year and pays someone £3million of our money to run his club.
Its unacceptable we are at his whims
Once a decade decides to get involved and get us a top class manager

im not saying I have the answers but something needs done or we’ll continue to be ignored year after year, decade after decade

not a dig at anything you said mate, just taking it up from your point

Back