Who will win the Desert world cup ( plus all things world cup)

Who will win the Christmas, desert, night time world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done to our bhoys who are through and two more to play for the same opportunity tomorrow.
Good luck to them and a great experience for the 4 lads concerned.
However with our game against the sheep two weeks away this wkend we might find that CCV, Aaron and Josip might not feature in that game due to there world cup involvement.
I suspect Maeda might be home before them but if my predictions are anything to go by Japan might win it.
Not sure Josip is gonna feature much for us now he looks to be off in January in any case.
CCV wil be the biggest miss for me so not ideal.
I'm not totally convinced yet , that Josip will be off in January.
Maybe summer window

Bit of a change of subject but still WC related.
So, as the 1st Group stage has ended, who has been player of the tournament so far. For me I think our own Aaron Mooy has to be a contender. Ok Mbappe and Co are the flash players but for all round graft and steadiness Mooy has impressed in his midfield role for Australia closely followed by his defender Souttar.
Other players are available but I canny remember their names.

So, as the 1st Group stage has ended, who has been player of the tournament so far. For me I think our own Aaron Mooy has to be a contender. Ok Mbappe and Co are the flash players but for all round graft and steadiness Mooy has impressed in his midfield role for Australia closely followed by his defender Souttar.
Surely Aaron Ramsey? Or he is at least the most improved player!

Cameroon - Aboubakar
USA - Mussah , Dest and Pulisic
Portugal - Fernandes
Spain - Gavi

Other than that....??

Although I'm sure we just want the players back fit and healthy, Celtic will receive $10K compensation for every day one of our players are in Qatar.

The minimum amount guaranteed per footballer by the FIFA Club Benefits Programme adds up to $180,000.

The reward keeps increasing in size as a player progresses through the knockout stages:

$220,000 for reaching the Round of 16,

$280,000 for the quarter-finals,

$320,000 for the semi-finals.

$370,000 for the finals

So far Mooy, Juranovic & Carter-Vickers getting through to the knock-out stages gives us a $660,000 windfall. Maeda has already earned us at least $180,000 and may well add to this figure.

So we may well pocket nearly $1m from the World Cup and possibly more. This is not an insignificant sum of money for a club like Celtic. But I really want CCV back asap and ready for the game against Aberdeen.

Why is it the most talented footballers are so often the biggest cheats? Diving, rolling about feigning injury, conning referees and trying to get opponents carded for nothing? It seriously grinds my gears. Tonight it is the Spaniards cheating despite totally dominating against Japan.

Although I'm sure we just want the players back fit and healthy, Celtic will receive $10K compensation for every day one of our players are in Qatar.

The minimum amount guaranteed per footballer by the FIFA Club Benefits Programme adds up to $180,000.

The reward keeps increasing in size as a player progresses through the knockout stages:

$220,000 for reaching the Round of 16,

$280,000 for the quarter-finals,

$320,000 for the semi-finals.

$370,000 for the finals

So far Mooy, Juranovic & Carter-Vickers getting through to the knock-out stages gives us a $660,000 windfall. Maeda has already earned us at least $180,000 and may well add to this figure.

So we may well pocket nearly $1m from the World Cup and possibly more. This is not an insignificant sum of money for a club like Celtic. But I really want CCV back asap and ready for the game against Aberdeen.
USA, Japan and Croatia to make the semis with any two of them in the finals ✊

Why is it the most talented footballers are so often the biggest cheats? Diving, rolling about feigning injury, conning referees and trying to get opponents carded for nothing? It seriously grinds my gears. Tonight it is the Spaniards cheating despite totally dominating against Japan.
They are cheating bastards Bridie. It bothers me too. In the Wales v USA game the Welsh spent the whole 2nd half trying to get Americans sent aff. Every tackle jump up three feet and scream. Is that what you trained your whole life for? You work hard to get to the World Cup and then roll aboot feigning injury.
The Welsh also got an Iranian player a 2nd booking of the tournament that meant he missed the vital game against the US. Replays showed his boot was nowhere near the Welsh guys head. The Iranian was distraught and in tears and the Welshman was rolling aboot holding his face and head. Beautiful game?

Back