who wishes K.T well and who has the bile?

still a Celtic fan

• yes

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • no

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He didn't ask to be offered life changing wages.

Celtic cannot match the Subsidised wages of the big league cartels, and since we can't match the wages its only right and proper to allow a player to get better paid for his talent if his talent is head hunted.

The 25 million price received for an academy player makes that investment worthwhile.

I will always love the guy for his passion and talent.

I blame sky tv and Eufa for league fixing.

Had he asked to leave cause his wage is too low I might be inclined to frown,

But his talent deserves to be paid the subsidised wages since he better than most of the players getting the big bucks.

he may well have been on life changing wages at Celtic but in comparison to other players of his talent he is not getting paid well enough.

And despite the massive size of Celtic, the 100 million per team in the top leagues from satellite tv dwarfs the finance of one of the best supported teams on the planet.

West Ham income last season without Europe approx 180+ million

Celtic with many games in Europe approx 100 million

Sevco probably around 40 million

I would say sevco should really be bringing in more revenue than West Ham.

But even if you take the 100+ million from sky West Ham get twice as much revenue of Sevco with 50k fans every game and a decent run in Europe.

West Ham have 3 players at least on 100K per week and nearly rest of first team get 50K+

thats without bonuses

Im no sure Celtic can afford 50K per week even with bonuses but who knows?

Keiren I wish you all the best son.

You will always be a hero to me.

He didn't ask to be offered life changing wages.

Celtic cannot match the Subsidised wages of the big league cartels, and since we can't match the wages its only right and proper to allow a player to get better paid for his talent if his talent is head hunted.

The 25 million price received for an academy player makes that investment worthwhile.

I will always love the guy for his passion and talent.

I blame sky tv and Eufa for league fixing.

Had he asked to leave cause his wage is too low I might be inclined to frown,

But his talent deserves to be paid the subsidised wages since he better than most of the players getting the big bucks.

he may well have been on life changing wages at Celtic but in comparison to other players of his talent he is not getting paid well enough.

And despite the massive size of Celtic, the 100 million per team in the top leagues from satellite tv dwarfs the finance of one of the best supported teams on the planet.

West Ham income last season without Europe approx 180+ million

Celtic with many games in Europe approx 100 million

Sevco probably around 40 million

I would say sevco should really be bringing in more revenue than West Ham.

But even if you take the 100+ million from sky West Ham get twice as much revenue of Sevco with 50k fans every game and a decent run in Europe.

West Ham have 3 players at least on 100K per week and nearly rest of first team get 50K+

thats without bonuses

Im no sure Celtic can afford 50K per week even with bonuses but who knows?

Keiren I wish you all the best son.

You will always be a hero to me.
well said TET, KT put the value added in the value added!

I read KTs messege yesterday to the fans...he obviously loves Celtic. I'm gutted hes gone. I was angry at the board more than KT. I was angry cos I thought he was a future captain and 10IAR hero. But the more I've thought about it the more I see why hes done what hes done.
The guy is 22 and just went through an operation, probably brought on by spending week after week having the shit kicked out of him. The doctor has probably told him he has a short career and if he doesnt look after himself then it could be even shorter.
Now keep in mind this is a young guy who trains with john Kennedy every day. So he is fully aware of how easy it is to be forced into early retirement.
I dont believe it's all about the money. The boy wants to have a career. The money will be a factor ofcourse.
Good luck to him. ??
(All eyes on the board now)

Meaningless words from an ex Celtic mean f'all in the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty sure if I read them then the bile will be evident.

I get it, new challenge bla bla bla, and I do wish him a speedy recovery and a long and successful career and thank him profusely for his many yrs of service to the club I love.

However (Yip there's a however), The next 2 seasons are huge massive gigantic and as a Celtic fan/player he knew it as well as the fans in the Stands, but decided to follow the cash.

So take your words and ram them where the sun dont shine. ?

And then there’s loyalty for the sake of 2 years.

Fans are loyal. If they switch their turncoats.

Fuck him.

Old news.
I’m back and forth with them type of feelings, gutted/disappointed that he up and left for the big money with only two seasons to push to ultimate glory. But struggling to really hate on the lad though as he was class for us and achieved amazing success, as well as being a likeable lad. Think this one will sit funny with me for a while.

I’m back and forth with them type of feelings, gutted/disappointed that he up and left for the big money with only two seasons to push to ultimate glory. But struggling to really hate on the lad though as he was class for us and achieved amazing success, as well as being a likeable lad. Think this one will sit funny with me for a while.

Dont hate anyone least of all him but he put money before loyalty. I don’t respect that attribute pal never have never will. ??

I read KTs messege yesterday to the fans...he obviously loves Celtic. I'm gutted hes gone. I was angry at the board more than KT. I was angry cos I thought he was a future captain and 10IAR hero. But the more I've thought about it the more I see why hes done what hes done.
The guy is 22 and just went through an operation, probably brought on by spending week after week having the shit kicked out of him. The doctor has probably told him he has a short career and if he doesnt look after himself then it could be even shorter.
Now keep in mind this is a young guy who trains with john Kennedy every day. So he is fully aware of how easy it is to be forced into early retirement.
I dont believe it's all about the money. The boy wants to have a career. The money will be a factor ofcourse.
Good luck to him. ??
(All eyes on the board now)

As a fan you would think 2 years wouldn’t matter

He’s another fkn mercenary.

Sell out would be a word to sum him up. When people say ‘give him a break he gave 15years service to the club’ there wrong. Celtic gave him 11years of time and effort developing and looking after his needs. He gave back 4 years to the club. Hasn't even hit his prime and he’s shot off for more money. Very disappointing! Last season if you would have asked me if he’d be here for the 10, I’d have said yes with out a shadow of a doubt.

Maybe he thinks spending 2 more years at Celtic could end his career. How bad was his injury. How much was it caused by the punishments he took in scotland.
Maybe our club should start protecting our players and speaking up about the the unpunished brutality dished out on our players week in week out. God, KT had his jaw broken and the thug that done it recieved no punishment

Members online

Latest posts

Back