WhoCo?

The January window is going to be an interesting one. Will we push the boat out to try and secure the 9. All we really need at this time is a good striker. Will sevco try and match our spending, pushing them further in the red. Or will they be looking at having to sell the likes of Morelos to try and balance the books a little. JJ site has it that Morelos is ineligible for a work permit down south, so that reduces the folk willing to pay ยฃ90m for his services. And if he does go, how do they spin that to the faithful? I wonder if theyโ€™ll buy big then go admin & pay fractions for the players. Theyโ€™ll be hard pushed to take the points hit if theyโ€™re still close in the title. For various reasons, this season and the push for the 9 is going to entertaining for sure

Or will they be looking at having to sell the likes of Morelos to try and balance the books a little. JJ site has it that Morelos is ineligible for a work permit down south, so that reduces the folk willing to pay ยฃ90m for his services.

For completely nefarious reasons, I sort of hope that Moreorless signs with someone in the MLS, so I can taunt him in person. God forbid that team is San Jose, but even still I'll taunt him as an Earthquake because, well, he's Fredo and I actually side with the Portland Timbers more anyway because any team whose ultras sing "Bella Ciao" is the "home team" for me.

For completely nefarious reasons, I sort of hope that Moreorless signs with someone in the MLS, so I can taunt him in person. God forbid that team is San Jose, but even still I'll taunt him as an Earthquake because, well, he's Fredo and I actually side with the Portland Timbers more anyway because any team whose ultras sing "Bella Ciao" is the "home team" for me.
What if he signed for Earthquake ๐Ÿ™„

What if he signed for Earthquake ๐Ÿ™„

Though they're the closest club to me, geographically speaking, San Jose could be the most apathetic team in the MLS. The primary song for the club's "ultras" -- yes, quotes are intentional -- consists of sitting in the sun drinking whiskey and beer. Not too inspirational and pales in comparison to the activism shown by other West Coast clubs like Portland (especially Portland) and Seattle, whose ultras got the antifascist/activist thing nailed down. Not quite the Green Brigade, but pretty close.

I only make 4 or 5 games a year, and it pains me to think that an area like San Jose doesn't have a more active fan base. Oh well.

And this is a California thing, but everyone north of, say, San Luis Obispo, hates everything about Los Angeles, especially their teams. So I would just as soon support Sevco than support Galaxy or LAFC.

Members online

Back