who's fur Lenny and who's furra moonbeam

I love Lenny and I do think he will be manager next season, but I have a few concerns. I sometimes find his tactics, team selection and substitutions bizarre. However, my biggest worry is I fear he is just too old school - reports of players unrest at Hibs & Celtic, apparent relatively poor nutrition advice and fitness training (these are based on hearsay & rumours so I may be wrong and out of order here). We will need his incredible strength of character for next season as we will have to deal with crap from all angles, but I personally think he needs a more up-to-date support from someone with a more modern outlook. Gary P will no doubt join him but not I'm sure who else is qualified for the roles I think he needs support in (I think this is how they wanted to bring in Ronny D to assist him a few years back to address these very concerns). But if he does get it then I certainly don't want to see him sitting cross armed on the bench not appearing to care to much that we're getting ripped apart at Ibrokes.
The nutrition issue is one that Ronny D raised when he succeeded NL

Well you've got the bottle to put your neck on the block jfan, I'll give you that much, we shall see soon enough, hopefully within a week we'll know who has had the inside info, and who spouts pish on the forum.
The fact that the media are now throwing up Boas is only a front for cover....

The nutrition issue is one that Ronny D raised when he succeeded NL
Neil no havin a dig but do you really believe Lenny came in after the rat left and the team started eatin pies and sausage rolls,and stopped there training regimes??the players have been amazing for season after season relentlessly chasing down ten in a row,a think there entitled to be a tad tired,,,gossip nonsense,,,??

If we are looking for clues as to who is going to get the job, take a look at the reports Lenny is looking at players.

Why would that be happening if he wasn’t going to get it? It wouldn’t and he certainly shouldn’t be if another manager is to come in.

It might all be paper talk pish right enough. But, if Lenny is tracking players the job must be his.

I wouldn’t want saddled with someone else’s players if it was my arse on the line. I can’t see any incoming manager being happy to take on players scouted by a guy the club didn’t have confidence in to take us forward.

If the stories are true, it’s Lenny’s job.

If we are looking for clues as to who is going to get the job, take a look at the reports Lenny is looking at players.

Why would that be happening if he wasn’t going to get it? It wouldn’t and he certainly shouldn’t be if another manager is to come in.

It might all be paper talk pish right enough. But, if Lenny is tracking players the job must be his.

I wouldn’t want saddled with someone else’s players if it was my arse on the line. I can’t see any incoming manager being happy to take on players scouted by a guy the club didn’t have confidence in to take us forward.

If the stories are true, it’s Lenny’s job.
Is Lenny possibly being lined for the Director of Football role? Probably not as not sure he has the business acumen to negotiate contract, etc. Otherwise it appears as though he will be manager next year, although scouting 19 year old central midfielders had better not be the extent of our ambitions.

Is Lenny possibly being lined for the Director of Football role? Probably not as not sure he has the business acumen to negotiate contract, etc. Otherwise it appears as though he will be manager next year, although scouting 19 year old central midfielders had better not be the extent of our ambitions.

Same deal. You only go for players the manager sanctions. Unless he knows who it is and is in contact. I find that hard to believe.

All the Rafa and Mourinho talk is utter pish, for the reasons already mentioned. Clarke is going to be the next national coach, so where does that leave us?

I don’t want to be in the position of well, we could only get Lenny. But, I have to ask all those saying give it to Lenny.

If we had brought in someone we didn’t know to get us over the line and we played the way we have, with team selections and tactics Lenny has employed in certain games that were shit. Would you be clamouring for them to be appointed?

What has to be done for the right decision to be made, is take sentimentality out of it. Being a Celtic diehard, a Celtic Legend, someone we all love, isn’t enough.

I will put my cards on the table and say I think Celtic will give it to him. I always have, because he is the easiest choice. He would demand less in wages and settle more for Lawell saying he can’t find the tin, as a big boy did it and ran away.

It also depends upon how ambitious are we? Do we want to have a team capable of qualifying for the CL and having a manager who can achieve that. Then when we get there, to be able to put out a team with players he identified, that can cope playing tactically in a way that we don’t return home with 5-6 drubbings, carrying our arse that has been handed to us?

If we want that, then a cold dispassionate assessment needs to be made. Not one based upon what someone did for the club, but how that person can take us to a higher level.

I’m not sure Lennon can. I wish he could, but these last games, team selections, playing Burke and Johnston at Ibrox, keeping Burke on well into the second half, ruined any hope I had it could be Lenny.

So I repeat, if it was a guy we had never heard of who had come in. Would you be demanding or hoping they got the gig on what has transpired since Buck left?

I wouldn’t.

Another guys players
No support team
Turns out he finished season 1 point bigger gap than when he started despite losing against the team in question.
No new manager with his own selection of players. can Gell that squad into a proper team in few months, let alone with other managers players and the pressures involved with such a diminished set of attacking options coupled with a defence that was not rock solid.

Lenny made defence better than Rodgers
Didn't have proper CF to have options

The football was less than fantastic, but he was effective, if not not ruthless.

So had any other manager come in steadied the ship, got 8 in a row under intense pressure playing the top half clubs much more than any other team in that timeframe, and reached final of cup, then

Yes I would be sufficiently impressed to give him the chance to sell and buy his players to make his team, with his history of adding value, and his champion blood, and his honest hard work, and his Celtic blood.

Yes I think had it been other than Lennon and he did what Lennon did with another dudes misfiring players, then id say he must be favourite to take team forward.

Another guys players
No support team
Turns out he finished season 1 point bigger gap than when he started despite losing against the team in question.
No new manager with his own selection of players. can Gell that squad into a proper team in few months, let alone with other managers players and the pressures involved with such a diminished set of attacking options coupled with a defence that was not rock solid.

The football was less than fantastic, but he was effective, if not not ruthless.

So had any other manager come in steadied the ship, got 8 in a row under intense pressure playing the top half clubs much more than any other team in that timeframe, and reached final of cup, then

Yes I would be sufficiently impressed to give him the chance to sell and buy his players to make his team, with his history of adding value, and his champion blood, and his honest hard work, and his Celtic blood.

Yes I think had it been other than Lennon and he did what Lennon did with another dudes misfiring players, then id say he must be favourite to take team forward.

All very true, TET but he hasn't hit it off in the dressing-room so he'll have to get a completely new squad if he takes over. He might have set your heather on fire but not mine. Don't particularly want Moyes either but I'll support whoever becomes the new boss. HHpal

Another guys players
No support team

Im onboard for Lenny getting it.

I don’t think we have seen what he can do 100% until the jobs his to authoritatively call the shots.

PL has to spend this time and everyone and their dog knows it.

Just back from lunch and a nice walk. Came home to another pair of ankle boots and a crackin new dress. Lovin life.

Out tonight i have somewhere i need to be at 6pm and thats me till 10.

How was all your days today troops

Im onboard for Lenny getting it.

I don’t think we have seen what he can do 100% until the jobs his to authoritatively call the shots.
That's the thing Maria, we have seen what he can do. Plus regardless of what story he keeps spinning about not changing anything, he has changed certain things to his way. For example he lined the team out, he made the changes during the games. Apart from Sunday where he put on Young dembele after half time or where he was forced to make a change because of injury, he refuses to use a sub until after the 60th minute. That's straight out of the Martin O'Neill and Gordon strachan handbook. Their tactics are in the past. That's the biggest problem I have with Lennon. He hasn't shown me anything to say he has changed for the better from his last stint in charge. If he gets the job, I hope he proves me wrong.

PL has to spend this time and everyone and their dog knows it.

Just back from lunch and a nice walk. Came home to another pair of ankle boots and a crackin new dress. Lovin life.

Out tonight i have somewhere i need to be at 6pm and thats me till 10.

How was all your days today troops
A had a fantastic day Maria nearly a carbon copy of yours!!a was climbing about a scaffold awe day sweating like madman,went for lunch in a metal container like a oven way sweaty farty ground workers,went for a walk to the bookies lost a score,,,,upside i to came home to a cracking new dress and ankle boots,,,,loving life...(ankles will be too swollen for ma new boots❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️??‍♀️?‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Back